Help.... aged account selling suspended, other 2 accounts ballsed up. UK here - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-09-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Angry Help.... aged account selling suspended, other 2 accounts ballsed up. UK here

I'm literally at the end of my tether. I have been a legitimate eBayer for years (and still am). My only account.... Account 1 has been running for years (2005), it was fully verified in my name/address at my partners address where I lived. On the electoral role and everything. No restrictions at all on sales limit, a positive feedback rating of 980 (with only 2 negatives)... 1 recent. No vero claims. All in all very well run.

I sell collectible music memorabilia/cds/records etc

My own fault I normally leave a couple of hundred £s in paypal to account for any possible disputes etc. Anyhow I was made redundant in FEB, separated from my ex of 12 years, now in my own place and am due to start my new job tomorrow.

While i was out of work I completely forgot that the ebay fees come a month later. One dodgy customer purchased an item for a few hundred pounds. I send everything signed for... Though the problem with Royal Mail International Signed for is that it only tracks the journey to the point it arrives to the buyers country and not their actual address.

I had a proof of postage, a compensation cert and customer filled a dispute for non-receipt. Even though I'd used the Paypal Postage and Paypal knew I had posted it, they said I was liable for the claim as I couldn't confirm it arrived in their hands. My buffer zone money was then refunded to the cheating customer. Then of course the fees came and I didn't have the monies.

eBay full suspended my account due to non-payment.

I registered another account (Account 2) in my partners name (now ex) at the address in an attempt to still sell and raise funds for my aged accounts debt. I did this by selling 27 different items upto my £1000 limit.

I paid the bill off and my aged account was re-instated. I then started to sell on that account (as it's never been limited).

After selling 3 items I received the following notice:

Quote:
MC008 eBay Indefinite Selling Restriction

Dear *************

In order to keep our website a safer place for buyers and sellers, your account will be restricted from selling indefinitely.

Our decision is based on evidence from our records. We're not comfortable with your selling practices or business model, and we feel they don't help to promote a positive buying and selling environment.

Even though you can't sell on our website, you can still use your account to buy or bid on items. For more information on the basics of buying, please visit:
Buying basics

Please remember that you can't use other accounts or register new accounts to sell on eBay. If you do, your accounts could be limited, restricted, or suspended.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H71731
I was like WTF! When I spoke to them they refused to get into discussions and said that an agent from Trust & Safety will email you in 72 hours. 14 days later I've still not had that reply. I can happily buy from the account just not sell.... I don't understand.

Well I thought no no bother I'll use Account 2. I'd successfully sent off the previous orders and listed (starting at 1p) some more items. 27 in total. Started to get some lovely feedback. Thought I could make this work.

On Weds 5th June I received the following message to Account 2:

Quote:
MC081 CIT NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Breach of User Agreement

Dear *******,

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended.

*Why did we suspend your account?

From experience we know that certain items and actions are more associated with fraudulent activity on eBay than others. As a precaution, we suspend an account if it gives us cause for concern. We then ask for more before we reinstate the account.

Please understand we're not accusing you of fraudulent behaviour. Our top priority is to ensure that eBay remains a safe and reputable place to buy and sell, so we'd like to confirm some of the information you've given us.

An account suspension in these circumstances is covered in the eBay User Agreement under the heading "Abusing eBay". For more information, open a new browser window and paste this link into it:

eBay User Agreement

*Here's what you should do now:

Please send us all of the following information and we'll review your account:

1) Proof of name
2) Confirmation of your registered address
3) Proof that the item/s you listed are in your possession

You can find out more details on the types of acceptable documents, as well as how you can upload your documents and here:

eBay: Redirect

Please be assured that eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care. We always destroy documents after we've reviewed them.

*What happens next?

Please allow three days for us to review your account after we have received your documents. We'll then contact you via email. Your account will remain suspended until we receive and review these documents.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response so that we can resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

H65686
Again another completely vague email. We're not accusing you of anything but we are. The problem is that I no longer live with my ex and have noway of confirming mine/his identity for the account.

eBay have cancelled ALL 27 auctions while suspended and this has caused complete chaos! My payment account is currently £950 negative balance. I'm having panic striken buyers opening disputes with Paypal and in the resolution area (as eBay advised them to do this). Many of them I can provide tracking numbers for the orders sent and the UK ones will be verified and the funds returned.

My concern is that I have posted alot of valuable items using as previously mentions Royal Mail International Signed purchased through eBay/Paypal postage and the service only confirms tracking into their country.

Everyday its another customer opening a case, and my paypal account is getting more and more negative balance.

I tried to contact the buyers but eBay restrict all contact to them. Some have messaged me in eBay messages and I can't even reply.

----------------------------------------------------
Right... purchased the Stealth handbook.

Opened a new account (Account3) using a diff windows user. Accessing through iPhone tethering and not my wi-fi

Account3 has sold 4 items (well within limit)... 21 day hold on funds... but that should release when I receive feedback. Now problem is that paypal are asking verification by bank account. I setup a VCC and that worked but now I can't get any further without the bank account (which is obviously a stealth account details.) There's over £200 in the account and I can't use it :( It won't let me spend it or transfer to someone else. What can I do?

Firstly i'm pissed at loosing the selling ability on my wonderful aged account1 and that my verified well kept PayPal is up the swanny. Advice?

Last edited by mceyedol; 06-09-2013 at 01:17 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Has that iphone got the ebay appl ?

If so you may have already linked yourself.
Old 06-09-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Has that iphone got the ebay appl ?

If so you may have already linked yourself.
nope no app installed
Old 06-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

A small plus then.

Old 06-09-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

If I was doing anything fraudulent, selling dodgy goods, poor feedback I could understand. I just don't understand their reasoning... and now my lovely 100% account is blacklisted. :'(
Old 06-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

you should browse the forums regarding bank accounts, there are a few uk banks that are good for stealth
Old 06-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@mceyedol, about your new account - you get a bank account registered at the bank in your name but you use the bank account in your pp and KEEP the stealth name. Deposits should still go through - cardinal principle of stealth.

As for your first account...sad but I am guessing that the non-payment of fees was flag enough to have your account in review and then you paid and enough risk to end your account. Truly sad to hear but eB is quite jittery like that
Old 06-11-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

With Account3 the new one that has some money in it. If I do not verify the Paypal account what happens to the money? Do they have to release it after a certain time? As both buyers have left positive feedback.

Thanks again, I feel a candlelit vigil is required for my beautiful aged account1 :(
Old 06-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

In most cases they will if you have received the feedback - you just should sit back and wait
Old 06-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mceyedol View Post
If I do not verify the Paypal account what happens to the money?
Thanks again, I feel a candlelit vigil is required for my beautiful aged account1 :(
How will you access the money later?

You should think of this.
Old 06-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
How will you access the money later?

You should think of this.
While bank is best, OP can make purchases and explore other methods of withdrawal by reading the forums.
Old 06-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Let the OP think then and learn about doing stealth outside the box.

Old 06-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Let the OP think then and learn about doing stealth outside the box.

We are hoping so bosslady
Old 06-12-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Being prepared for anything pp or eb has in store in important.

Never think any account will be good forever.

Many aged accounts get taken down for no reason.

Thus the reason to spread sales over as many accounts as you can.