Paypal limited: Someone else reported receivng your address confirmation letter - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-22-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Paypal limited: Someone else reported receivng your address confirmation letter

I've had 2 stealth account go down recently and both reasons from pay pal were Someone else reported receiving your address confirmation letter or something to that effect. I had no idea Pay pal sent out these type of letters. So now they want everything, but the kitchen sink, ssn, bank statements, photo id, suppliers etc. and they also mentioned something about the banking act that was past in April, now Pay.pal must be treated as a bank in requiring ssn's WTH?

So since one of the stealths that went down was one of my main accounts & was gonna lose a lot I linked that e bay account to another pay pal i just had dormant & wasn't using, im withdrawing the money out right away, cuz i know this acct won't last long either & the e bay will probably be shut down soon, so i'll just rock it till the wheels fall off. And funny thing is the payments that are coming to that other pay pal account aren't being held. Can anybody help me to make sure my other accounts don't go down too. and by the way i've had these accounts active since about January, I don't sell high dollar items only childrens apparel avg sale amount is $15, i draw down less that $400 a month from each acct.

Pay pals are verified, but not confirmed, you think thats why the letters were sent out? and some of my addresses i did have access too, but i recently moved to another state so no longer. Any help i can get i would appreciate it. Do they always send out these letters? cuz in the future when i make accts I will use addresses where i can just go pick up the letters, but in the meantime any help is appreciated. Thank you so much!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-23-2013
Banned

Longevity: 89%

I have same problem :|
Old 07-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

I never heard of this
Old 07-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehatewithebay View Post
Someone else reported receiving your address confirmation letter or something to that effect. I had no idea Pay pal sent out these type of letters. So now they want everything, but the kitchen sink, ssn, bank statements, photo id, suppliers etc. and they also mentioned something about the banking act that was past in April, now Pay.pal must be treated as a bank in requiring ssn's WTH?
It`s unfortunate but you must have had someone at your stealth address taking the time to call up PP and complain. It is a rare event but it happens. I dont have much info on PP sending out automatic letters - usually at the request of the PP account holder.

Are you selling high risk items? Problematic things?

Get some po boxes of your own going OP - as an afterthought
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
lovehatewithebay (07-30-2013)
Old 07-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehatewithebay View Post
Any help i can get i would appreciate it. Do they always send out these letters? cuz in the future when i make accts I will use addresses where i can just go pick up the letters, but in the meantime any help is appreciated. Thank you so much!
paypal/ebay are known to send out mail.

At the time of making a stealth account, it is important to be careful about the address.

Good idea for the future to make sure you have access and control of any address being used.

Unless you can supply what paypal want, there is not a lot else you can do.

Old 07-23-2013
Threadstarter  

yep, another one just went down.

No its not high risk items, just infant clothing nothing more........maybe my pictures look to similar, meaning the backgrounds of the pictures, who knows.

On my remaining accounts im going to confirm with VCC's and just start doing more stealths, thats all i can do......but i never have a lot of money in these accounts, thanks goodness.......but i wish i knew what was linking them..
I use a hotspot for ip addresses and always keep a log.........to make sure im not logging in from the same ip address..........multiple user accounts..........the only thing i can think of is my background in all my pics are the same, at my old house I had different walls throughout my home, this place all walls are the same color, so all pics are similar........

.you think that what is couldd really be? I do not believe Pay pal saying someone else reported receiving your confirmation letter, because I know for a fact some of the addresses are in an apt complex i use to live in, where anything thats not yours ppl just trash it in the trash bin right by the mail boxes. i can't imagine anyone in that apt complex taking time to call pay pal........no way...........or is this just a lie by paypal to get info SSN's.

Who knows, but on to more accounts, i'll just change up the backgrounds & see if that helps...........thanks all for the replies
Old 07-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

We know paypal fib.

It may be that someone reported a letter. You would never know for certain.

That gives you one reason to make sure for the future that the address is 'safe'. I am sure you will manage that angle.

Having the same photos can contribute to accounts being linked. Does not happen a lot but it is reported as happening.

From now, you must make sure all your listings are so different not even you recognise them. LOL.

You should not only have different backgrounds, styles, wording but make sure you 'clean' your camera too.

Use any of the programs to strip the data out.

To give you some info in this area, I added two recent threads

eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - Search Results

AND

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction...-acccount.html

I hope this info gives some help for you.

Good Luck

Old 07-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

PS...... Are you super careful about that hot-spot?

Would not like you to be linking there

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Look at changing the IP source with dongle, cellphone tethering, or other ways - even a secondary IP provider
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2013
Threadstarter  

Smile

I will look into that secondary IP, thank you all for the great responses. I just took a full time job offer too, just in case they start messing with my cash flow too bad. I'm just gonna keep moving forward, more accounts. I won't be stopped.
Old 11-30-2013

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Paypal limited: Someone else reported receivng your address confirmation letter

i have same problem with two my paypal account yesterday . Paypal limited my account with reason Someone else reported receiving your Street Address Confirmation letter in the mail . i use vps amazon. I not sell anything from ebay. and i have use two this account for 4 year. i dont know it limited same time yesterday. what i can do know .. please help me :((

Thank you !
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Paypal limited: Someone else reported receivng your address confirmation letter

if someone sends a letter to my address, and it has happened a couple of times this year actually, I always send back letters, addressee not known, they were not to do with ebay/paypal, maybe they are mistakes and not harmful, but you never know.....
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Has any of you guys had this issue with dormant or new accounts that has no previous activities? If so, how long did it take for Paypal to limit your accounts after your first transaction?