US Ebay account items shipped from China - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-26-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default US Ebay account items shipped from China

I have a question for all my international sellers. If I posted this in the wrong section, my apologies to the mods, please move it accordingly.
I want to know if its possible, and how is it done, to sell on a US eb account, but have the items shipped from China. Do you just list that the item is coming from over there. Also is this frowned upon by Eb, is it more likely to get your account closed. Any tips or comments would be appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Yes that is possible, just list the items location as China

It is drop shipping, and ebay is not a fan

The issue you will have is that when people buy something, they will want it there and then, not in 3 weeks time. Buyers do not already read the fine print, or indeed even massive warnings saying that the item may take x-amount of time to be delivered.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
rsot (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

It is generally frowned on by eB because you will have buyers who don't read through the whole description and others (professional buyers) who will see this as an opportunity to destroy your business....
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
RustyShackelford (08-27-2013)
Old 08-26-2013
Threadstarter  

If it is to be done, I would make sure its in big bold text of where its coming from.

Believe it or not e packet delivery doesnt take that long anymore, I have seen it here as soon as 4 days, average 5 days, longest I have seen is 10 days, unless you consider the outliers that get lost then found etc.

Its not exactly drop shipping as it would be from my warehouse, I decided if i cant beat them, join them with the epacket. Open a warehouse there, hire employees, etc...

This is just a thought at this point, just seeing if it will be worth it in the long run with
Old 08-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 66%

Its not super uncommon. I guess it kind of depends on what your are selling. I ordered a few replacement interior parts for my old mans car the item location both times said different places in Texas. Sure enough the item came epacket from china. I gave them good feedback and DSRs cause it was described and on time.

Lol, I did have to laugh though. Because there was a note in typed Broken English saying that if you leave low DSR rating they will contact you by phone and message over and over again until the problem is resolved. Wish I still had it but I just about fell out of my chair when my old man read it out loud.
Old 08-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post
If it is to be done, I would make sure its in big bold text of where its coming from.

This is just a thought at this point, just seeing if it will be worth it in the long run with
Your lettering could be 12 foot high.

It could be in the boldest of bold text.

Your risk is that buyer who fails to get the message.

Of course, your chances of success are high. But you need to factor that drop-kick buyer.
( actually we have to always do that , don't we)

Good Luck

Old 08-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Lol, I did have to laugh though. Because there was a note in typed Broken English saying that if you leave low DSR rating they will contact you by phone and message over and over again until the problem is resolved. Wish I still had it but I just about fell out of my chair when my old man read it out loud.
That`s awesome classy move! Hah
Old 08-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:

Totally correct, makes no difference.

OP, it is a scientific fact that Ebay buyers cannot read. They only have the ability to look at the pretty pictures.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (08-27-2013)
Old 08-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
They only have the ability to look at the pretty pictures.
So true - and they ask the question: "Uh, your username stamp on the photo...is that on the product as well? 'Cuz I no like new product with writing on it..."
Old 08-27-2013

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post
I have a question for all my international sellers. If I posted this in the wrong section, my apologies to the mods, please move it accordingly.
I want to know if its possible, and how is it done, to sell on a US eb account, but have the items shipped from China. Do you just list that the item is coming from over there. Also is this frowned upon by Eb, is it more likely to get your account closed. Any tips or comments would be appreciated.
If you really want to do this, why don't you just buy the product yourself, then sell it. I know, I know, depending on who you drop shipping with, you will not get paid unless it's a different address..... Just have a friend/family purchase it for you or have a stealth buyer account and use a PO Box. You still be getting paid, plus you can ship yourself no problems. If you dropship from china, the product might come to the customer messed up or even worse held in customs for about a month . How are you going to explain that or the refund, returns, drop shipping and negative feedback to the customers and ebay. There US dropshippers but some of them are no better. Not saying you can't make money with dropship, you just have to minimize your risk.

Last edited by unclejohnny; 08-27-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

Your risk is that buyer who fails to get the message.

Of course, your chances of success are high. But you need to factor that drop-kick buyer.
( actually we have to always do that , don't we)

Good Luck

That is true, I have to deal with that in my brick and mortar store, where people cannot read promotions and demanding satisfaction. I guess it will be trial and error.
Old 08-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejohnny View Post
If you really want to do this, why don't you just buy the product yourself, then sell it. I know, I know, depending on who you drop shipping with, you will not get paid unless it's a different address..... Just have a friend/family purchase it for you or have a stealth buyer account and use a PO Box. You still be getting paid, plus you can ship yourself no problems. If you dropship from china, the product might come to the customer messed up or even worse held in customs for about a month . How are you going to explain that or the refund, returns, drop shipping and negative feedback to the customers and ebay. There US dropshippers but some of them are no better. Not saying you can't make money with dropship, you just have to minimize your risk.
Its not exactly drop shipping. I am physically purchasing the items, putting them in a warehouse I own, and having someone ship the items for me (in China). Reason being its low cost, light weight items. So after shipping it here, then to the customer, that eats heavily into the profits, and competing with foreign sellers is difficult.

Its sad that its cheaper to ship to a customer in the US from China, than it us for a US seller to ship to a US customer (for items under 13 ounces).
So if you cant beat them join them. My only question is will I have stealth accounts closed if its a US account shipping from China.