New to stealth - Is anyone using a Raspberry Pi??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-06-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default New to stealth - Is anyone using a Raspberry Pi???

Hello, first time to get blocked on Amazon and so this is my first day on your forum. I already bought and read Amazon Stealth.

I read all about the VMware and multiple PC options but wouldn't it just be easier to have a couple of Raspberry Pi mini computers each with its own 3G wireless card? The Raspberry costs $40 on Amazon Prime and runs Linux. Just plug into a monitor and operate from anywhere with a 3G signal. If the MAC address ever gets burned just flip the used RasPi on eBay and buy a replacement. Right now I have a RasPi setup as a media center but this sounds perfect for Stealth. Just have a stack of RasPi with a label on the outside to ID which Stealth Acct it manages.

Thoughts?

Backstory: I had worked my account up to $8,000 in monthly sales. All via FBA but I added too many Aliexpress products too quickly and one line of items sold 300 units with high returns and bad feedback. I couldn't respond fast enough and the account was closed down. I plan to go stealth and stay away from products that are too risky.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%
Default Re: New to stealth - Is anyone using a Raspberry Pi???

I don't see why you cannot use a Rasberry Pi for stealth. I use my the Raspberry Pi for XBMC, but it can obviously be turned into a mini PC w/ a working browser that can be used for stealth.

However, the Pi does have its limitations in terms of processing power. I can see drawbacks when trying to run multiple accounts. You would probably need a Pi for each stealth account. This doesn't seem feasible or scalable if you have 10 accounts.

I prefer the VMware option because I can run multiple accounts on my desktop and just have separate Windows accounts for each stealth. Each of my Windows account is running separate VMWare accounts also.

I don't run into performance issues because I have 3 hard drives (2 SSD drives and a standard 500GB internal drive as well).
Old 11-06-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So with 10 accts running on different VMs how do you address the issue with your router's MAC? Are you changing it for every login to each acct? I was just thinking that a plug 2 or 3 RasPi would be easy but I can see the challenge if you are talking 10+ accounts.
Old 11-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Your idea is extremely uneconomical and pointless. There's absolutely no need to use a new computer/LAN card for every account, burnt or not. There are plenty of ways to circumvent this.
Old 11-07-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
Your idea is extremely uneconomical and pointless. There's absolutely no need to use a new computer/LAN card for every account, burnt or not. There are plenty of ways to circumvent this.
I was basing it off of the suggestions in the Stealth Book (using a library, friends PC, buying a 3G USB adaptor, cleaning your Router's MAC). Which all seemed even more time consuming; But I guess those strategies didn't really apply to running so many stealth accts?

I see me needing at least three Amazon accts and then build up from there. I would appreciate suggestions on the ideal setup for running that many stealth accts. I am familiar with Virtual Machines; so I can setup each VM with its own VPN. Does that just leave the router MAC for me to remember to change?