I do not see any problem with 2 different stealth account with 1 IP address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-18-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default I do not see any problem with 2 different stealth account with 1 IP address?

Why would you worry about using 2 different stealth account in one computer with one IP address?

If 2 accounts have different windows user name, paypal acccount, name, birthday, isnt that technically 2 different person?

Why would Ebay link both account to a single person?

I see some threads in here that are over too concern.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-19-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%
Default Re: I do not see any problem with 2 different stealth account with 1 IP address?

Can you explain your history with eBay Stealth or ebay in general to make us all understand that we are all wrong and you are correct?

Go ahead, use those same ips on different accounts and make sure you post when both of your accounts are toasted crispy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
rollins121 (12-30-2013)
Old 12-19-2013
Threadstarter  

Default Re: I do not see any problem with 2 different stealth account with 1 IP address?

Coz Ebay just cant link to accounts just that it was used on the same IP address. They dont have a hard evidence that its from the same person.

They should respect that even it came from a single IP, there is always a chance that two different people are using the same computer.

Maybe a married couple that logs in and out from ebay using the same window username with there own ebay username can get linked.

I always open my suspended account at work for buying purpose
I have a coworker that also uses Ebay using the same computer, yet I never hear from her that her account is linked to mine nor suspended
Old 12-19-2013

Longevity: 81%

You need to understand we are using ebay/paypal on THEIR terms.

We could sit here and argue, but this is common practice and done over and over many times.
Old 12-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Running Stealth is all about being extra careful....You don't think you have too then that's fine but on this forum we always preach being careful. If you feel that logging IP's is beneath you or not needed then to each their own but we won't stray from this advice.
Old 12-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerberson12 View Post
I always open my suspended account at work for buying purpose I have a coworker that also uses Ebay using the same computer, yet I never hear from her that her account is linked to mine nor suspended
And what does your co-worker sell on eBay?
Old 12-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Can you further explain if you are smoking any wacky baccie?

aspkin worked out methods that the majority of us have gone on to prove SUCCEED.

Variations are fatal when they link accounts.

Yours are killers.

Old 12-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Coz Ebay just cant link to accounts just that it was used on the same IP address. They dont have a hard evidence that its from the same person.
eBay does not need "hard evidence" of anything. They can ban any account for any reason.

Typically, people DO use the same computer to log into different eBay accounts - like when the husband and wife, or other family members have different accounts. Two or more accounts on the same IP address will NOT cause anything to happen in and of itself.

HOWEVER: If one of the accounts is banned (usually from selling) then the others will likely go down as well IF they are seller accounts. Buyer accounts are usually fine. My guess is that your co-worker who logs on to eBay using the same computer as your banned account is only BUYING, or if selling, is only doing so on a VERY limited basis.

Many people have the misconception that eBay (and other companies) cannot take adverse action unless they have hard evidence that would hold up in a court of law. That could not be further from the truth. eBay can ban any account for any reason they like as long as they do not violate the anti-discrimination laws.
Old 12-19-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to rama

wow, you sure needs a wake up call.

eb doesn't deal with us with logic or common sense. we play the game according to their terms & moreover being alert to the ever changing rules.

that's why our forum comes handy where ppl share experiences, both successful &failed
Old 12-19-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

OP has a lot to learn.

Come back when you can run 100s of account successfully and not lose an account for 3+ years.

Then I will personally listen.

Until then you have no hard evidence that ebay will not take down any account because in fact many have just made a simple mistake and signed into a second account and forgot to change ips etc and lost the accounts.

LOL

Ebay can do whatever they want, you agreed to their terms and they can toast your account at any time.

Playing the game and being smart is what makes successful stealth accounts going.

Why toss all the work into the trash can?
Old 12-19-2013
Threadstarter  

Just being extra carefully, yes
changing IP address when loggin in between different account is a good way.

But isnt that a flag also?
Ebay sees you that your everywhere.
Eveytime you login , Ebay sees a different IP address and the next time its different again, your account is all over the place.
Old 12-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Eveytime you login , Ebay sees a different IP address and the next time its different again, your account is all over the place.
Never know this to cause an issue, and with the number of people using phone tethering and dongles to access the internet increasing year by year I very much doubt it will ever become an issue
Old 12-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Just being extra carefully, yes
changing IP address when loggin in between different account is a good way.

Not really - cookies help to keep account in order
Old 12-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

@jerberson12...

Before I knew and understood several aspects of operating a stealth account, I was also thinking along your lines. Why not operate a few accounts using same IP?

I had 3 separate accounts working fine for maybe 4-5 months. One day, one account went down, then then next 2 followed within hours.

When eBay flushes your account, they go after every link/trace of your account. They do this to protect themselves.

Is their system perfect? Of course not. They'll take down perfectly good accounts for no reason.

Best to avoid sharing IPs between accounts as all other posters have mentioned. Its best to take precautions (and not cut corners) then having to start off at the very beginning again.
Old 12-21-2013

Longevity: 76%

mate do it, but when 1 account goes down so will the other.

This reminds me of my friend, his paypal account got banned and i said to him gutted your mums account will get banned later.

He said no thats her account not mine they wouldnt do that.

2 days later hes crying because his mum was screwing at him as her account was limited for no reason.

Why risk it when a wireless dongle costs what, £30 here with data to last 3 months!
JamesNorth101 (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxmotorsport View Post
Why risk it when a wireless dongle costs what, £30 here with data to last 3 months!
Summed up in one neat sentence. So easy to avoid using a public IP, or the same IP across several account why risk it.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
vxmotorsport (12-21-2013)
Old 12-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Cellphone tether too
Old 12-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

I agree that often an ip is not the singular cause for limitation. I shared an ip with a banned account for months. Later on same account with new IP a friend (roomate) created a account, that later got banned and then again maybe a year or so still nothing. I feel this was just luck. We never had the same PC, the same items, nothing was the same really. However we did share an ip address....

My account is still going. I think a lot of luck, some low level verification and my account has always been in very good standing.

One could easily say by the "law" of stealth this account should be toast. Its not and I have sold over 500k on that account on stealth.

Then again ive had an account get linked and still not sure 100% why, but I suspect I know...

In my opinion you have the right to choose your path. May it not be most popular, however I am grateful there are people like you that bring up, rehash and challenge old school thought. Opening the possibility of some holes closed or new ones open.