eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   MC999 I am baffled (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/69156-mc999-i-am-baffled.html)

hoosays 01-14-2014 08:00 AM

MC999 I am baffled

Hi everyone,

I set up a new sellers account, completely stealth and got MC999 didn't even list anything for sale and got this:

After reviewing your account, we've made the decision to restrict your ability to sell until you provide us with additional information

This account has:
STEALTH NAME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER
DIFFERENT WINDOWS USER ACCOUNT AND RAN CC CLEANER
DIFFERENT IP ADDRESS USING A VERIZON MIFI HOTSPOT
PAYPAL CONFIRMED WITH BANK ACCOUNT

Any ideas why? And what is my next move?

qdo 01-14-2014 08:21 AM

Re: MC999 I am baffled

Greetings,

Same thing happened to me with one of my stealth accts. I called eBay and verified the account information. eBay also asked me what my intentions for the account was (selling old clothing around the house is what I told them..). After a lengthy hold, they released my account and boosted my selling limits up to 25/1250.

That was my situation after opening a brand new account just a few days ago..

Q,

hoosays 01-14-2014 08:37 AM

thanks so much for the info, it's on a google voice number forwarded to my cell, so which phone can i call from? Does *67 work for this situation?

hoosays 01-14-2014 12:41 PM

i got a brand new number from google voice, should i be using another service to get phone numbers from? If so, what are some suggestions?

kenshintr 01-14-2014 12:54 PM

There an option for them to call you so have them call that google voice number and it will redirect to you. Or if you have an android phone, download google voice app and you can call them with your phone but ebay will see the google voice number.

As for a new number, you can tried tracfone, they're cheap and just get a cheap phonr from them.

rsot 01-14-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosays (Post 519483)
i got a brand new number from google voice, should i be using another service to get phone numbers from? If so, what are some suggestions?

Tracfone is nice - not too expensive.

pr0wake 01-14-2014 01:25 PM

if you do the google voice option be sure to change the voicemail greeting

hoosays 01-14-2014 01:27 PM

Well just got off the phone with Ebay, they told me my information could not be verified with public databases and that they would not lift this restriction. Of course it can't be verified, it's STEALTH! I don't get it, what to do now?

hoosays 01-14-2014 08:23 PM

Come on people, let's get some help here. Do I need to use apartment complexes or office buildings? Help me out please

JamesNorth101 01-14-2014 08:30 PM

Have a search of the forum.

Lots of threads dedicated to the topics of addresses.

GreenBean 01-14-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosays (Post 519691)
Come on people, let's get some help here. Do I need to use apartment complexes or office buildings? Help me out please

Why? What stops your reading the forum yourself?

Everything you have spoken about is already in other threads.

You need to make a stealth account with an accessible address. If that means paying for a PO Box, then you do that.

Gone are the days of phake addresses that do not exist.

Avoid apartment complexes or offices buildings for this very simple reason.
Other parties may be using them. That may create a link to your account.

User here added a phake apartment number because another user suggested it. His account got suspended..... do not go that way yourself.

Here's some info that should help you:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...ts-i-made.html

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...h-address.html

Trying to appear as REAL as you can is the best stealth method.

:mod:

rsot 01-15-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosays (Post 519691)

Lots of thread for you to read.

Some people have success with complexes and buildings but you need to understand the process. Lots of experimentation are in order - you may become frustrated but you must keep at it for all the accounts to have success.

Lots of luck to you

dany2406 01-15-2014 07:02 PM

I think the problem in your restriction is that you have now entered maybe even an announcement of an item potentially "at risk" for ebay, and then you have been monitored.

jackjjohn 01-17-2014 05:58 PM

I had same issue ebay wants a verifiable mail address from my stealth personas past; i had ebay call me and the first thing they don't dispute the current address, they want a previous address, then ask corroborating questions like did you go by one of four names,, they gave me 3 tests which all failed to qualify me lifting the 999 :deadhorse:

GoteBay 01-17-2014 09:36 PM

I failed the same test, but my limit was lifted and increased. The rep told me that, if I had passed the test, she would have increased the limit higher. My account has been doing well from that day.

jackjjohn 01-17-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoteBay (Post 520734)
I failed the same test, but my limit was lifted and increased. The rep told me that, if I had passed the test, she would have increased the limit higher. My account has been doing well from that day.

wish i could say the same,

yes I said "no" to all three sets of questions related to prior addresses but it didn't ring the proverbial "he's ok" bell. I did mention one of the names was my mother though.

eBay's premise is that they understand me, I have a new home address with no history of living there but this triggers them to ask where I lived before. of course I wasn't just born so I must had a prior address, I resourced from my memory an old address from 30 years ago but it dint work out, also mentioned I just returned from living outside the usa for past 10 years ( actually close to the truth, I had been living in Asia past 7) and thats why no recent residence info

I think they are using some public resource checker like http://radaris.com/ or People Search - Find People with MyLife™ to find previous info on whatever info I gave them in the stealth profiles accounts.
I really didn't expect that

>I am thinking best to use a background checker to find detailed info to match to the next stealth accounts so I can answer detailed questions that eBay draws from their radaris account, is this unusual? I was very careful in following details in the course.

I will use the current PayPal accounts as long as they are still alive, one is linked to my dba savings and one to my dba checking two different routing numbers,.simply a brother or sister or such will be next in line to set up eBay accounts
I was thinking of a old work chum who doesnt go online and lives near by, just change of address to a new home address on the eBay account for him, or probably a pob?

I will look to sell a used book on eBay first before attempting drop shipping again:surrender:

jackjjohn 01-17-2014 11:45 PM

actually as I read the previous threads It may be because my first item listed was a dropship item, does ebay not like that? may be thats why i was 999?:mod:

rsot 01-18-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoteBay (Post 520734)

Consider yourself lucky to have not been limited :)

dany2406 01-20-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackjjohn (Post 520758)
actually as I read the previous threads It may be because my first item listed was a dropship item, does ebay not like that? may be thats why i was 999?:mod:

dropship for ebay not like it because you have to have the items you sell

jackjjohn 01-20-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dany2406 (Post 521364)
dropship for ebay not like it because you have to have the items you sell

thanks for the heads up

tcwells 02-25-2014 01:30 AM

Curious as to why its said eBay doesn't like drop shipping. I dropshipped from amazon for the past 4 months and called every month and got my limits increased while telling them I was droppshipping.

I didn't get suspended until I got a little to greedy and was selling workout programs.(T25, p90x) and they thought I was selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

So if my plans are to dropship... should I not worry about doing a stealth account? This was my entire reason for buying the stealth guide?

I haven't gotten to read it yet, i bought it while at work, and i can't dl it here, i have to wait till i get home.