Weird MC999 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-06-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Weird MC999

Alright I received a MC999 on my account after I was relisting some items and adding some new items 2 days ago. This was the message I received.....

Hello XXXXX,
Thank you for selling on eBay. However, after reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we’ve taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items. You're also not allowed to register a new account.
- Any active or pending listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
All associated fees have been credited.

We realize this may be inconvenient, but we need to take extra precautions when we find unusual or questionable activities on an account.
It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours using this link:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?que...main=email1505

Note: You may be asked to sign in. You can always sign in from the eBay home page before clicking the link above.
Here are the listings we removed:
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX

We appreciate your help verifying your account as quickly as possible and look forward to seeing you selling again.
Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
However, I have been waiting to make the dreaded call because the phone number on the account is not working and I've been trying to figure out another way to pull it off.
When I had logged back in yesterday I of course received the notice in Bold Red about the account. But when I logged in today to make the call in & try to take care of it my listing were still gone but the Restriction is GONE.
It does say I am able to list 20/1500. It looks as though nothing had ever happened but all of my listing have been removed. The listings that they had removed are not in the unsold or anywhere to be found. The items that I have recently sold are still there un-affected.

Should I just proceed as though nothing has happened? Start listing my again and just see what happens? Has anyone had this happen to them recently?
Thanks in advance

Last edited by redfoamy; 02-06-2014 at 12:22 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%
Default Re: Weird MC999

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfoamy View Post
Should I just proceed as though nothing has happened? Start listing my again and just see what happens?
Simple answer, No.
Old 02-06-2014
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

if you can still sell on the account you need to let it cool down
Old 02-06-2014

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Alright I received a MC999 on my account after I was relisting some items and adding some new items 2 days ago. This was the message I received.....

Hello XXXXX,
Thank you for selling on eBay. However, after reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we’ve taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items. You're also not allowed to register a new account.
- Any active or pending listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
All associated fees have been credited.

We realize this may be inconvenient, but we need to take extra precautions when we find unusual or questionable activities on an account.
It's important that we speak with you about recent activity on your account.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact us within the next 48 hours using this link:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?que...main=email1505

Note: You may be asked to sign in. You can always sign in from the eBay home page before clicking the link above.
Here are the listings we removed:
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX

We appreciate your help verifying your account as quickly as possible and look forward to seeing you selling again.
Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
However, I have been waiting to make the dreaded call because the phone number on the account is not working and I've been trying to figure out another way to pull it off.
When I had logged back in yesterday I of course received the notice in Bold Red about the account. But when I logged in today to make the call in & try to take care of it my listing were still gone but the Restriction is GONE.
It does say I am able to list 20/1500. It looks as though nothing had ever happened but all of my listing have been removed. The listings that they had removed are not in the unsold or anywhere to be found. The items that I have recently sold are still there un-affected.

Should I just proceed as though nothing has happened? Start listing my again and just see what happens? Has anyone had this happen to them recently?
Thanks in advance

No, you can't. You need to call them ASAP. It happened to 3 of my accounts. If you call them and answer some of their questions, like what is your purpose to sell on ebay, where did you get your products, you would be lucky to get passed, just like 2 of my accounts. If the rep is a tough one, starts to ask the public record questions, you will be terminated. Like one of my accounts. So if you call, you will have 50%, otherwise, say bye-bye. They won't let you list anything.
Old 02-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Alright Will do..
Thanks
Old 02-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Okay I don't if that was easy or not...
They want me to fax in Utilities or phone bill etc with my name etc on it be able to verify the identity because he could not generate the questions to ask me.

How deep do they look at these bills etc? What do you guys know on this end?

Thanks

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-06-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Right...I just went & read the email they sent to me. Here's the Kicker....
In order for us to review your account, I need to ask you to submit ALL of the following information by fax(fax number below):

They want a Readable copy of Driver's License, front & Back or other Government issued ID.
A Copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill. Your name & billing address should be visible and consistent with the information registered to your eBay account.

Make sure that your name & User ID appears on each document that you submit. If this information is not included, it cannot, be processed.
Be sure your submitted documents are current, valid, & legible.

Fax all documents to
eBay
ATTN: Seller Vetting-
US Number --1-801-206-7562
International 001-801-206-+7562

Blah Blah Please allow 3 days to have this information reviewed then we will contact you by email regarding your status of your account.
Old 02-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Right...I just went & read the email they sent to me. Here's the Kicker....
In order for us to review your account, I need to ask you to submit ALL of the following information by fax(fax number below):

Blah Blah Please allow 3 days to have this information reviewed then we will contact you by email regarding your status of your account.
Follow the steps - even then your account may be doomed :(

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-07-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-08-2014

Longevity: 65%

Redfoamy,
How long have you been selling on these accounts for? How new are they?