Paypal asked for Tax ID - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Paypal asked for Tax ID

I have an account that is only on pace for about 14-15k in sales at the end of the year.

Even tho I have 100% feedback, it did fall to Below standard because of DSR.

Is this common, ask for Tax ID once you become below standard no matter what the dollar amount your selling?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Paypal asked for Tax ID

Yes.

paypal ask for tax ID on projected sales.

We have had it reported that an account was asked for this for an amount of $5000.
paypal do not care about ebay standing
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (03-25-2014)
Old 03-24-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

What is the proper course of action here then? Completely ditch the account or just lay off it for a while then come back later?

Ive only been asked for tax ID once but it was on an account I was going to supply it to anyways... This account I planned on keeping stealth. If I lay off then start using it again in the fall, will they ask me for it?
Old 03-24-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Yes.

paypal ask for tax ID on projected sales.
I was only projected to have around $15k in sales on the year. I knew they asked if the projection went over 20 which is why i keep track of it and keep everything under 20k projection but it didnt work in this case.

I have a feeling it was because I went below standard and its a fairly new account..only 3 months old.
Old 03-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Ebay View Post
I was only projected to have around $15k in sales on the year. I knew they asked if the projection went over 20 which is why i keep track of it and keep everything under 20k projection but it didnt work in this case.

I have a feeling it was because I went below standard and its a fairly new account..only 3 months old.
I'm confused as to why you seem to think YOU have control over this matter. PP can ask for it anytime they want. If they see you as a risk, then they take action. No one cares what your personal "projection" is.

Rest the account until next year. You are an Exec and this regulation has been in effect since 2011. Why are we having to explain this to you like you just started ste/alth?

Whine all you want. This happens and will continue to happen. YOU have no control over it. Do a search here. You should have done this already anyways.
Old 03-25-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I wasn't whining and I know they dont care about my projections. I just thought that they didnt ask for it unless you were projected to go over 20k so I was wondering if my below standard evaluation is what triggered it....

I am fairly new to stealth..I started getting into it like 5-6 years ago but I was out of the ebay game for a while until last fall. I didnt keep alot of knowledge about it and virtually started from scratch again.
Old 03-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,924 Times in 8,216 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

Your projection was probably right but it can take even a few days of increased sales to change the projected sales.

Can wait for the annual reset
Old 03-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
I wasn't whining and I know they dont care about my projections. I just thought that they didnt ask for it unless you were projected to go over 20k so I was wondering if my below standard evaluation is what triggered it....

I am fairly new to stealth..I started getting into it like 5-6 years ago but I was out of the ebay game for a while until last fall. I didnt keep alot of knowledge about it and virtually started from scratch again.
Well, now you see the significance of multiple accounts. The request should reset beginning 2015. So, you need to begin working on new accounts as soon as possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
rsot (03-25-2014)
Old 03-25-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yes for sure! I have 10 accounts that are all active but I will making more soon.
Old 03-25-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Hi, when paypal finally freezes the acct for SS# or EIN# will they still let ebay collect their fee's? Not the 'warning' but the total limited PP till SS#?
Old 03-25-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Hi, when paypal finally freezes the acct for SS# or EIN# will they still let ebay collect their fee's? Not the 'warning' but the total limited PP till SS#?
Have not had it happen to me yet but I am betting they still grab your fees out of that money.
Old 03-25-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

My book keeper who is well up on ebay and paypal told me in October 2012 that paypal is scared of IRS hitting them hard and she found out that paypal sent out a memo that all accounts who were "PROJECTED" to hit those numbers.

I posted this PROJECTED message back then to alert members here what I had found.

So when I posted the word "PROJECTED" sales it seems it got lost way down in the posting and no one is paying any attention to it.

It is a MUST to run multiple accounts these days or get an LLC or EIN etc.

Why work all year long to allow an account to get destroyed.

I believe without looking the lowest someone reported here getting the IRS request was 175 sales and 5,500.00.

Seems avg is 175 and 12-15k reported by many here.

Last year I sold on over 300 accounts and stopped selling when I hit 175 items sold.

Of course I rotate accounts and only sell on one every 5-6 or so week so I spread over many months.

Last Nov I reached 175 sales on several and had 10k sales and do not use them the rest of last year.

Never got one IRS request at all.

Use your accounts wisely, plan ahead and you will be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (03-25-2014)
Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
If your PP account is frozen/limited - eb CANNOT get the fees :( you will have to pay fees with a VCC or so
Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
If your PP account is frozen/limited - eb CANNOT get the fees :( you will have to pay fees with a VCC or so
That's what I thought. It happened a long time ago that PP rejected the EB fee's from being taken for some reason....thanks
Old 03-26-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

So if a PP account is frozen due to the tax id request, but the ebay fees are never paid from the PP balance, will it eventually be taken from the linked checking account? Also, if one were to wait til 2015 for the tax id request to reset, does that adversely affect the ebay account's status?

I seem to remember the stealth handbook stating that funds would eventually be recovered from the bank account. The reason I'm asking is because out of my 5 accounts, my highest limit one was hit with the tax id request and then a week later got Top Rated Seller status. I'm now contemplating adding an EIN in order to keep it in good standing and in rotation. However, if I can just wait out the rest of the year and have the tax id request reset with no change in my ebay account's status then I would rather do that.

Last edited by grislybear; 03-26-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

@grislybear, if you are using a bank account on EBAY, then fees would be taken but your PP account can NOT be debited.

If you dont pay your eB fees with a VCC (or bank), you will be delinquent and your eB will likely get suspended.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
grislybear (03-26-2014)
Old 03-26-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

thanks a lot rsot for clearing that up. i've just been paying my ebay fees with my paypal account. so in this case, would you recommend linking my checking directly to ebay just to pay the fees and keep my account from being suspended?

also, if you could clear up the issue of adding an ein to my paypal account really quickly, i would appreciate it. from my research on this forum, i've really seen most posts speaking about creating an llc with address that matches paypal info, upgrading paypal to a business account, then uploading the tax id. The thing is I don't want to create an llc just to get an ein. Is it the same process if I just register a DBA in the name of my paypal's stealth name then get an ein using that DBA? For example if my paypal name on account X is Gary Johnson then register a DBA in the name of Gary Johnson?
Old 03-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by grislybear View Post
thanks a lot rsot for clearing that up. i've just been paying my ebay fees with my paypal account. so in this case, would you recommend linking my checking directly to ebay just to pay the fees and keep my account from being suspended?

also, if you could clear up the issue of adding an ein to my paypal account really quickly, i would appreciate it. from my research on this forum, i've really seen most posts speaking about creating an llc with address that matches paypal info, upgrading paypal to a business account, then uploading the tax id. The thing is I don't want to create an llc just to get an ein. Is it the same process if I just register a DBA in the name of my paypal's stealth name then get an ein using that DBA? For example if my paypal name on account X is Gary Johnson then register a DBA in the name of Gary Johnson?
You can use the one time payment thing ebay has for paying fee's. There are two or three options clearly stated. You can pay with your bank acct you have in that paypal too. The EIN name you buy must match the name on your Paypal exactly. That's it.

Last edited by Hercules; 03-27-2014 at 09:50 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:
Brainbuster (04-24-2014), grislybear (03-27-2014)
Old 03-28-2014

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I don't know if this is exactly true but it's changing. I had one of my stealth accounts become eligible for withdrawal it was limited as soon as it was ready I got hit with the owed ebay fees. I don't know if it was a 1 time thing or maybe a change.