Is this account down the drain? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-07-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Is this account down the drain?

So after creating a few stealth accounts successfully (so far), I guess I got too greedy with this one. I bought a single item (a cd) and after a few days listed it for sale on the same account. The original seller had yet to leave feedback, so I actually listed it with 0 feedback

So a couple days later I get this MC999:

BEGIN QUOTE
After reviewing your account, we've made the decision to restrict your ability to sell until you provide us with additional information. Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.

There are 2 ways you can provide the additional information--through My eBay or the next time you sell.

To start the process through My eBay:
1. Click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You may need to sign in.
2. Select the "All Selling" option in the "Sell" section on the left side of the page (or in the "Selling Manager Summary").
3. Click the "Request higher selling limits" link in the monthly selling limits section.

To start the process the next time you sell, click the "request higher selling limits" link in the alert message the next time you try to list an item.
END QUOTE

So I start the sequence above and verify my info. It then proceeds to ask me to give them a call.

Is this account down the drain? Or should I call them and see what's up? I've read about others here who had success sweet talking them or playing dumb, and I don't have a problem calling. My only concern is that since I use name variations between my stealths, if I call them will they dig deeper and run searches on similar names?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: Is this account down the drain?

At this point you really have nothing more to lose.

If you do not call, you lose the account.

If you call, at least its 50/50.

Edit: Others say it most likely means you are linked. But I would still give it a shot and play dumb. No sense in losing new vbas, vcc etc

Last edited by BigCJ; 04-07-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

This specific MC999 is due to listing the CD, it's technically considered high risk in my opinion. As BigCJ mentioned, you have a 50/50 chance by calling in....most likely you will be asked questions about what you plan to sell, etc.
Old 04-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Might as well call and try - make more stealth backups - revise your sales plan
Old 04-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone for your input. Should I worry about them searching for similar names or am I too paranoid?
Old 04-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetleman View Post
Thanks everyone for your input. Should I worry about them searching for similar names or am I too paranoid?
Like BigCJ said you have nothing more to lose since you cannot sell on the account unless you call them to lift the restriction.

Be prepared to answer all those 'what are your intentions' questions.
Old 04-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Don't know....are you using similar names? If so you really should be careful doing so.
Old 04-07-2014
Threadstarter  

Yep, account is down the drain. I called, had to wait 35 minutes to be answered! I played dumb and talked very little. The rep said something about my personal info not matching, and asked for my name and DOB. He then proceeded to try to verify my info "on a public system" he said they use, and when nothing came up he said the only other way to lift the restrictions is that I fax proof of ID.

The way I see it, it can be one of two reasons. Either because I listed an item for sale with 0 feedback on a 2 week old account (still with the new member icon), or because I used a public address which may have been used by suspended users before.

Other than that I see nothing else - IPs kept unique, designated new windows user, PP verified with both Vanilla CC and VBA.

Any thoughts that we can all learn from?
Old 04-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Media on a new account is usually instant death of said account.

2 weeks may still be too young to list on an account. Although some people can do it and know the methods around it, its very tricky and gets more so everyday.

Never give up and keep trying!
Old 04-08-2014
Threadstarter  

I will replace this account with at least 2 new ones... My only comfort is that this was a virgin account without much invested in it.

So media (original music CDs) is considered risky? Should I attempt to list it only on mature accounts? Or avoid it altogether?
Old 04-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I will replace this account with at least 2 new ones... My only comfort is that this was a virgin account without much invested in it.

So media (original music CDs) is considered risky? Should I attempt to list it only on mature accounts? Or avoid it altogether?
I would wait until you have a decent amount of feedback before attempting to list this again. This should be taken as a lesson.
List items way way under the radar on new accounts.
Old 04-08-2014

Longevity: 63%

Looking at the ebay message I could tell you that this is the "new" mc999 or also known as the automated selling limit reduction to zero, which started early October of last year. When calling in you will almost all the time get the data based questions. What kind of phone did you use? Ex. Google voice or trac phone? and did you list the CD the moment you turned your ebay account into a seller? If you follow the stealth guild correctly I could assure you your account wasn't linked. This is just the new standard ebay is currently doing to new seller accounts.
Old 04-08-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
I would wait until you have a decent amount of feedback before attempting to list this again. This should be taken as a lesson.
List items way way under the radar on new accounts.
The question is whether a CD could be dangerous even to an aged account in good standing?
Old 04-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
The question is whether a CD could be dangerous even to an aged account in good standing?
It is only dangerous if ebay dont trust you
Old 04-08-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmejaw View Post
Looking at the ebay message I could tell you that this is the "new" mc999 or also known as the automated selling limit reduction to zero, which started early October of last year. When calling in you will almost all the time get the data based questions. What kind of phone did you use? Ex. Google voice or trac phone? and did you list the CD the moment you turned your ebay account into a seller? If you follow the stealth guild correctly I could assure you your account wasn't linked. This is just the new standard ebay is currently doing to new seller accounts.
I used Text+. Listing of the CD is what initiated the seller account, so yes I guess you could say it was at the same time.

I guess we will never know for sure but like I said there is a slight chance of linking in case the address had been previously used by a suspended somebody.
Old 04-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I used Text+. Listing of the CD is what initiated the seller account, so yes I guess you could say it was at the same time.

I guess we will never know for sure but like I said there is a slight chance of linking in case the address had been previously used by a suspended somebody.
Well no.. people move house all the time.
So you would need more than just the address to be used
and i find it highly unlikely you guessed both name and address correctly for a suspended account.
Old 04-08-2014

Longevity: 63%

Some veteran members on this forum strongly believe that call forwarding services like google voice or text+ might be triggering these "request higher selling limit" mc999. Maybe try using a trac phone instead and see if you still have this problem. Address will rarely limit you, as people move all the time. Just make sure your IP address is within the same general location.
Old 04-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

Earn the right to list media.

Avoid doing that at the start of an account life.

Avoid, at all costs, even listing old used DVDs lying around the house. ebay can be antsy with those.

Good Luck

Old 04-08-2014
Threadstarter  

The address was not of a private residence but rather a public establishment to which I have mail access...

What is trac phone? I'll have to research that.

Is there a place/thread in this great forum that lists risky items, even as 'innocent' as a mere CD?
Old 04-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
The address was not of a private residence but rather a public establishment to which I have mail access...

What is trac phone? I'll have to research that.
Is there a place/thread in this great forum that lists risky items, even as 'innocent' as a mere CD?
No list. It is seller beware at all times.

I do hear what you are saying about a 'mere CD'.

But if that mere CD was a Disney one, that is not a seller friendly item