eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Possible Link, HELP! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/72716-possible-link-help.html)

markflood 04-20-2014 09:15 PM

Possible Link, HELP!

Okay I accidentally login with same ip address to one account to another, (I login for 1 second, and close out fast after i did this...... first time I ever did this, been very careful for years, my first slip up), The account is on different windows account, all separate flash cookies, and such, all separate, address, bank, and info.
Both accounts are fine, never had vero, or items taking down. Am I safe or I better kiss this good bye?
The account limits are over 2,000 item per month, other i can sell over 100. Both are very age.

bjammin 04-20-2014 09:20 PM

Re: Possible Link, HELP!

If the IP address is the only link, and it was only this one time, then you should be fine. I have done this a few times between different stealths. Never any links so far. :doh:

markflood 04-20-2014 09:47 PM

Yes this is the first, time, i click login, but the page didn't load yet, close the window fast i could, I didn't know if it log in or not, maybe it went through.
I go through few accounts during the week, I can't believe I did this foolish, I double check, my ip, user name and window user name, but i got little slack, and check it only once.

The few times you messed up, how long ago was this and are you fine?, you ever got vero or items reduce due to lower seller rating on one of the accounts?
I am worried if I got lower seller rating or vero it will effect both accounts, instead of one.

(now i am double checking and triple checking) probably helps have different wallpaper on every user account, so I don't mess up

GreenBean 04-20-2014 09:51 PM

As a once off, it should not be an issue.

Quite a few of us have done the same thing.

I certainly have and even wasted a cup of coffee trying to drown the computer :eek:

I do not imagine you will have issues with either account.

:peace:

GreenBean 04-20-2014 09:53 PM

To aid with your different wallpapers as well, have you thought of using this file?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...-stealths.html

It is simply outstanding in letting the user know about the correct IPs.

For me it saves my coffee.

Try not to worry too much, my Friend.

:peace:

markflood 04-20-2014 10:06 PM

Thanks for the help.
I use the same ip for one account week after week, so far for 6 months, never had to change it. Oh course every account has its own different ip. My solution, i use a internet service, I put the mac address for that account on the router and just unplug the modem and router. I use the ip for 15 minutes, IT will hold that ip for next 2-3 days for me. I do that with most my accounts.
example... IP account 1 may be, #1 229.292.111 and #2. 55.32.191 3. 77.32.112
So I had the same ip number for 6 months, I accidentally logged with #1 229.292.111 to the #2 account. The first time I did this mistake....
I am not like others that just use that ip for few hours, i been using this ip a long time.
I don't have a long list of ips, in 2 years every account probably every account has 10-15 ips on them used.

So this being my case, holding a long term ip for every account for months, not a day, and login to other account, with same ip by accident, the first time, Will I be fine? (had go more details, I guess my case different)

(I had a little heart pump, pump over this)
thanks for calming my fears :)

markflood 04-21-2014 11:25 AM

Lets say for example if I had two internet connections Account #1 IP (73.24.938) one is dsl and Account #2 IP (54.312.111) is cable, both ip connection I had for 6 months, never change
I login with Account #1 IP (73.24.938) onto the Account #2, by accident, and I log out fast, after the mistake I still use both same IPs, but I never log again to #1 ip to the #2.

Will I be fine if that is my first time?? Or should I change my IP address for the account #1 since I used on the second by accident????

rsot 04-21-2014 12:55 PM

1 time is unlikely to cause an issue - really avoid repetition.

Similar accidents have happened to lot of people without problems.

markflood 04-21-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 547176)
1 time is unlikely to cause an issue - really avoid repetition.

Similar accidents have happened to lot of people without problems.

Thanks, I won't let it happen again,
Should should I change my IP address for the account #1 since I used on the account #2 by accident???? account # 2 ip is fine since I never accidently used on the first.
This ips are long term to me, meaning I use them for over 6 months without changing them.

rsot 04-21-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markflood (Post 547184)
Thanks, I won't let it happen again,
Should should I change my IP address for the account #1 since I used on the account #2 by accident???? account # 2 ip is fine since I never accidently used on the first.
This ips are long term to me, meaning I use them for over 6 months without changing them.

Cant hurt but the essential goal is just AVOID overlaping IPs on the accounts again and again

markflood 04-21-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 547185)
Cant hurt but the essential goal is just AVOID overlaping IPs on the accounts again and again

Okay I change the ip that I used accident on two accounts, wont use the ip again on anything.
Do you use the same ip long term or short term?
I use them long term, I guess this my way that works for me.

emings5 04-21-2014 10:27 PM

i always use different ips. but if i could i would stick with the same ip over a long time. i would think it would make eBay happier that way.

rsot 04-22-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markflood (Post 547187)
Okay I change the ip that I used accident on two accounts, wont use the ip again on anything.
Do you use the same ip long term or short term?
I use them long term, I guess this my way that works for me.

Long term: 1) I keep cookies in proper accounts (never log onto the wrong account) 2) I have different IPs that do vary...I really dont get same IP overlapping accounts