0/0 Limit Possible Solution (A Lesson about Cookies) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-16-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default 0/0 Limit Possible Solution (A Lesson about Cookies)

After days of testing and using my computer programming knowledge, I'm 99% sure I've figured out what's triggering the 0/0 limit. Also, I've included loopholes and tricks I discovered along the way.

Your cookies and flash cookies are the main culprits here. Not only do they track your activity, but they hold information that tells how to execute the code on the webpage. For example, when you try to list with an ebay account with a 0/0 limit, you're not able to get past browse categories page, but if you delete your flash cookies then click continue, you'll be able to access the next page. In fact, you can continue all the way to the end by deleting the flash cookies, but you still won't be able to list, because it reads from your regular cookies at that point.

So, what's happening at the phone verification? After you verify your phone and address, a cookie is stored/modified on your computer to tell if they were able to verify your info or if you're linked. But instead of updating their servers with this information, they just pass that information to the next webpage. They don't update their servers until after you've added a payment method and ask what would you like to sell. The objective then is to have a cookie that doesn't contain any info that will give you 0/0 when you add a payment method.

The Method
So here's how I just turned a 2 minute old account into a seller account and ended up with a 10/1000 limit. This had worked 10 times already, but to show longevity wasn't an issue, I created a new account. Here are it's features
1. Gmail
2. Textplus
3. iphone tethering LTE
4. ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address but within area code given by textplus
5. No browsing, bidding, buying, watching... Completely new
6. Created listing through ebay motors just to be sent to phone verification
7. Received phone call instead of text.

Now after verifying my phone, I opened a new tab and searched for "ebay uk create seller" and open the first link. Now that you're on ebay uk, click the link to create a seller. It'll redirect you to the US site and ask you to login. After you login, you'll be ask to provide a payment method, but this time there isn't anything on your computer that will trigger the 0/0 limit

Total Time 10 minutes

So, you should now have a 10/1000 limit account, but doesn't mean a restriction won't be triggered, haven't figured that one out yet

Like I said, it's a possible solution, there are other factors that I can't test
1. Different browsers store cookies differently(I use chrome, will test on FF)
2. Different OS (Windows, Mac, etc)

Brute Force Fun and benefits for hidden 0/0 limits *extra
I said earlier, you can't list at the end because the browser reads from your regular cookies and you can't delete your regular cookies without having to sign in again. But if you click the preview button, it'll modify your cookie for less than a second, so if you click the preview button and immediately click the continue button and time it perfectly (about 4~2% chance), you'll be able to list your item. But it's not worth it, because after 2-3 hours ebay will take your item down, because, well, you're over the limit :/, but if you list on ebay motors it will stay.

Here's an example of a $1,000,0000 listing on ebay motors I did with a new account with 0/0 limit - http://www.ebay.com/itm/test3-/18146...pt=Other_Boats - ebay motors doesn't affect limits

Now if you have a hidden 0/0 limit guess what, you can list freely on ebay motors . Since your limit are hidden, you don't have cookies showing you have a 0/0 limit. Also ebay motors listing setup runs different code than the regular site that doesn't compensate for the missing cookies. So what are the pros and cons -
Pros -
1. You can sell on that account (Have to add your own item specifics)
2. Unlimited selling (Don't have to worry about raising limits)
3. You can sell on that account!

Cons -
1. You're selling in ebay motors (You're looking at 40-60% less exposure)
2. ebay motors doesn't have a Paypal option (Maybe a pro for some but you have to send paypal invoices)
3. The fees are ridiculous!!!(Not worth it, unless you're planning on not paying)

Well that's all I have right now. I'll continue to investigate and see what else I can find

Last edited by terell05; 07-16-2014 at 03:57 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to terell05 For This Useful Post:
BiN4RY (07-22-2014), fox20c (07-16-2014), Here We Go Again (07-18-2014), ilcarletto (07-16-2014), newjerseymax (07-18-2014), plumsake2 (07-18-2014), pr0wake (07-18-2014), RetroRedneck (07-21-2014), rsot (07-18-2014), thready (07-22-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-16-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: 0/0 Limit Possible Solution (A Lesson about Cookies)

Well, thank You.
I do not know if I'll ever use this but you should get an award for your research and for sharing it.

The only doubt I have is... sharing it with the whole world... how long will it last?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (07-18-2014), terell05 (07-17-2014)
Old 07-17-2014
Threadstarter  

You're welcome. Ever since I found this out I haven't received any 0/0 limits. After you verify your phone, just switch to a different country ebay site to finish creating a seller account and poof, no more 0/0 limits.
Old 07-18-2014
Banned

Longevity: 68%
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake

thank you for your programming approach to this problem!

keep testing with listing items, please
Old 07-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Great info and impressive research!
Old 07-18-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Interesting... that's thinking outside the box.

While tricking eBay in this manner is cool like ilcarletto said, I'm not sure how useful or long lasting it can be but it does bring in new thinking..
Old 07-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

It is impressive terell05
Old 07-18-2014
Banned

Longevity: 66%

Cool.

You should try to post a real item for sell maybe after a few hours ebay will noticed the system glitch or what not and then trigger the 0/0 again.

So ebay motors is out of the question for stealthers.

Do that with that account and see how long the item will last. Or see if once you get payment if they'll give you some kind of a glitch/error. I've had them lock my account once after 1st payment on a EU account but called them up and reminded them of my account being restored and they restored it for me on the spot over the phone.

But give it a try. Because there are people on the forums who said they were at 10/$1000 or $500 then got hit with 0/0 again. So try it out. Let us know how you make out.
Old 07-21-2014
Threadstarter  

Sorry for the late reply. Now, I finally can confirm that 0/0 limits are being triggered during the phone verification. Here are the steps I use to create a seller account -

1. Create a non risk item listing or go to customer service and search for create a seller.
2. Be directed to phone verification
3. Verify phone number by phone call (I use textplus)
4. Open new tab and search for "ebay uk create seller"
5. Since you already verified your phone, you'll be directed to add a payment method.
6. Add a VCC or prepaid/gift card (I use paypal prepaid VCC)
7. Click submit and you're done
8. Check to see if I have the magical 10/1000 and I always do

I have had no problems with 0/0 limits, selling, and receiving payments . The only problem I might encounter is the MC999 Restriction after my first listing. To combat this, I create a paypal and link the vcc I use to create a seller account, then link it with my ebay account before I list any items and have a clear photo with my listing. This is what they are looking for when you call them and has greatly helped remove the restriction. Recently, all they ask for is my name, tell me this is happens all the time, give me tips, and remove restriction , but I still have my info just in case.

Your move now ebay
Old 07-22-2014

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by terell05 View Post
Sorry for the late reply. Now, I finally can confirm that 0/0 limits are being triggered during the phone verification. Here are the steps I use to create a seller account -

1. Create a non risk item listing or go to customer service and search for create a seller.
5. Since you already verified your phone, you'll be directed to add a payment method.

I have had no problems with 0/0 limits, selling, and receiving payments . The only problem I might encounter is the MC999 Restriction after my first listing. To combat this, I create a paypal and link the vcc I use to create a seller account, then link it with my ebay account before I list any items and have a clear photo with my listing. This is what they are looking for when you call them and has greatly helped remove the restriction. Recently, all they ask for is my name, tell me this is happens all the time, give me tips, and remove restriction , but I still have my info just in case.

Your move now ebay
tested, but unsuccessful. I wonder after 4. Open new tab and search for "ebay uk create seller" you back to tab "already verified your phone" ? or crete seller account from Tab UK???
Old 07-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
What in the world? lol. In what world does this make sense?
Old 07-22-2014
Threadstarter  

I guess I should clarify my instructions, I've just completed this 10-20 minutes ago

1. You have to create a listing first. I made mistake in my previous instructions and forgot to edit. After you finish the details, click list it to be directed to phone verification.

2. After you finish, you'll be directed to the add payment method, but don't complete it, open a new tab. (TAKE NOTE OF URL)

3. Search for "ebay uk create seller" on google and click "jump to Create a seller.."

4. Click the "Set up a seller account now",It'll ask you to sign in again

5. Since you already did the phone verification, it'll take you to the add payment method page, add a vcc or gift card (NOW LOOK AT THE URL COMPARED TO THE OTHER, THIS WAS THE MAIN OBJECTIVE)

6. After you add your payment method, check your limits

This has been working for me. You don't have to finish the listing if you don't want to. If it doesn't work for you, can you list the process you're using to create one? Then maybe I can see what's going on.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terell05 For This Useful Post:
aspkin (07-22-2014), BiN4RY (07-22-2014), fox20c (07-22-2014), RetroRedneck (07-22-2014)
Old 07-22-2014
Banned

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
I guess I should clarify my instructions, I've just completed this 10-20 minutes ago

1. You have to create a listing first. I made mistake in my previous instructions and forgot to edit. After you finish the details, click list it to be directed to phone verification.

2. After you finish, you'll be directed to the add payment method, but don't complete it, open a new tab. (TAKE NOTE OF URL)

3. Search for "ebay uk create seller" on google and click "jump to Create a seller.."

4. Click the "Set up a seller account now",It'll ask you to sign in again

5. Since you already did the phone verification, it'll take you to the add payment method page, add a vcc or gift card (NOW LOOK AT THE URL COMPARED TO THE OTHER, THIS WAS THE MAIN OBJECTIVE)

6. After you add your payment method, check your limits

This has been working for me. You don't have to finish the listing if you don't want to. If it doesn't work for you, can you list the process you're using to create one? Then maybe I can see what's going on.
OMG I love it when people do these screen shots for those who don't get it lol.

MM78 did one last week. I died!

Pretty soon this will be a picture forums only! lol
Old 07-22-2014
Banned

Longevity: 58%

Quote:

Your move now ebay
Thanks for all your research and hard work. Will have to test this out some time soon.
Old 07-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Steller work there!

But why do you have to use the eBay UK's create seller account link? Does it make a difference if you used the US create seller account link or whatever country a user is native to?

Last edited by BiN4RY; 07-22-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-22-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Oh wow.. okay, I reviewed what you did again and that's nifty!

Again, it's one of those little tricks that will work for the short term and that's why it's good to have it in the subscriber's area... I suggest other members test this out but be hush-hush about it otherwise this little trick won't work anymore.

* I suspect this will be handy for those who keep getting hit with 0/0 limits

To add to that.. there are LOTS of little bugs like this with eBay.. and I have seen eBay slowly close the loop holes.. they are very slow at but they're working to clamping down on "bugs" like this.. so I suspect it won't work for too long.

#outoftheboxthinking!
Old 07-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
Steller work there!

But why do you have to use the eBay UK's create seller account link? Does it make a difference if you used the US create seller account link or whatever country a user is native to.
Exactly, I have been making seller accounts and never had to resort to making a stealth in another Country...BUT if it works then I guess it works.
Old 07-22-2014

Longevity: 67%

Thanks for all your work!

Will create a whole load of accounts, just in case it's patched.
Old 07-22-2014

Longevity: 77%

Lol, still got 0/0. I do same these screen shots
Old 07-23-2014

Longevity: 56%

^ lol .