Opening new Paypal Business account SSN Requested - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Opening new Paypal Business account SSN Requested

Hello,

I'm interested in creating a stealth Paypal account with an LLC. However, I noticed I'm being asked to provide a social security number. I read in the forums that some members were able to ignore the request each time they signed in. Is this a viable strategy, or will Paypal eventually insist that I provide a SSN without allowing me to proceed?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Opening new Paypal Business account SSN Requested

Hopefully someone else will chime in, but I do it a little bit different. I create a personal stealth account, then when they request the TAX-ID number, I convert it to a business account. So far, I have not been asked for an SSN and I have created dozens of accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
rsot (09-02-2014)
Old 08-27-2014
Banned

Longevity: 66%

Why don't you just call paypal up and ask them about the LLC on how to do it? Because you are registered company and don't want to put it under your SSN due to taxes and it's why you got a company TAX ID To write everything off???

Or as Jeffweico said, wait it out until others can help you out with it.
Old 08-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Read about providing EIN number
Old 09-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Hopefully someone else will chime in, but I do it a little bit different. I create a personal stealth account, then when they request the TAX-ID number, I convert it to a business account. So far, I have not been asked for an SSN and I have created dozens of accounts.
This sounds interesting. I hope Paypal does not close this loophole(?).

So at the time of account creation, I would create a personal account, but at which stage do you convert it to a business account? Are you allowed to create a personal account without entering a Tax-ID, or is this something that can be delayed? Thanks so much for your help, I always appreciate the assistance of these forums.
Old 09-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Read about providing EIN number
I did read up on this issue through the forums, and noticed that a few members had some interesting workarounds for the issue (wanting to enter EIN, but Paypal insisting on a SSN due to Patriot Act), such as going back to the Paypal home page which allows them to continue using Paypal until next login, whereupon the workaround will do the trick once again.

My concern is that this workaround has a short future, so any advice or shared experience from another member is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog View Post
I did read up on this issue through the forums, and noticed that a few members had some interesting workarounds for the issue (wanting to enter EIN, but Paypal insisting on a SSN due to Patriot Act), such as going back to the Paypal home page which allows them to continue using Paypal until next login, whereupon the workaround will do the trick once again.

My concern is that this workaround has a short future, so any advice or shared experience from another member is greatly appreciated.
You are missing it. An EIN is the equivalent to a SS for your business. It is impossible to use both. It is not a walkaround or a lophole. It is the way every single LLC, Corp, etc.. business in the USA operates. It is how the United States Government and the IRS handle liabilities and taxes for businesses.
Old 09-04-2014

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDog View Post
This sounds interesting. I hope Paypal does not close this loophole(?).

So at the time of account creation, I would create a personal account, but at which stage do you convert it to a business account? Are you allowed to create a personal account without entering a Tax-ID, or is this something that can be delayed? Thanks so much for your help, I always appreciate the assistance of these forums.
Yeah when upgrading to a business account you have the option of checking a box that says you'll enter an EIN number later.

If I know I want the account I'm creating to have a business Paypal, I'll create a personal one first and then the next day or so I'll upgrade to business. You probably could do it immediately after making a personal account though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plumsake2 For This Useful Post:
GhostDog (09-08-2014), rsot (09-05-2014)
Old 09-16-2014
Threadstarter  

Hello,

Taking the advice of plumsake2, I have successfully converted the personal account into a business account.

However, I seem to have encountered a new obstacle, only occurring (so far) when trying to add money to my account.

Here's an image:

It is not necessary to add money to the account, but I want to make an ebay purchase to boost my feedback and would like for the payment to go through more quickly by having some cash in the Paypal balance (as opposed to eCheck's 3-5 day wait time).

I have already entered my EIN when converting the account to a business account, so now it is asking me for SSN or ITIN. Has anyone encountered this before, or had this issue pop up when using other Paypal functions?
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostDog For This Useful Post:
rsot (09-16-2014)
Old 09-16-2014

Longevity: 64%

Never had that happen to me, but then again I never actually tried to add funds to a stealth account before. Are you trying to use a Green Dot Moneypak? I believe those require you enter in a SSN.

Why not use a Vanilla Visa giftcard? You can buy one large enough to cover your purchase, add it to your account, and use that as the funding source for your purchase. You can even use it as a VCC to confirm the address if you haven't already.