What are my options - Buyer not picked up parcel and now getting returned to me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-20-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default What are my options - Buyer not picked up parcel and now getting returned to me

Hi,

Sent a parcel to Germany 2 weeks ago and was tracked and signed. Today buyer informed me 'still not had the item, any tracking for it?'

So tracked the item and says attempted delivery and pick up at post office, if not done so in timely manner will be returned to the Uk.

So sent him this. And then said 'yes, let me know when you have it and can send it back'

So back and fore and eventually got to the bottom. His postman told him the next day about the parcel and the card he left, and did not bother to go and get it.

Now this is being returned to me, still not here as yet. Am i not out of pocket if the item does not arrive even though this idiot of a buyer refused to go and get it, or make arrangements for delivery.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: What are my options - Buyer not picked up parcel and now getting returned to me

Sadly, eb/pp doesnt really help if the buyer decides to open a case - stinks but yeah, buyers can get away with idiocy. Talk with the buyer and be prepared to resend
Old 11-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: What are my options - Buyer not picked up parcel and now getting returned to me

I would refuse to send it again unless they pay another set of postage. If they open a case I would escalate it and refund only minus postage cost. I think ebay would allow that.
Old 11-21-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
I would refuse to send it again unless they pay another set of postage. If they open a case I would escalate it and refund only minus postage cost. I think ebay would allow that.
Sorry oompa, ebay would not allow that. Esculating a case you wont win is cutting your own throat.

your options are:

pay to send again yourself, or ask the customer to pay again as it wasnt your fault.

refund the customer and hope you dont get a defect of some kind.

Refund in full if buyer opens a INR.

if I was you id check to see if international INR result in defects. I'm Not 100% sure.if.they do. Ebay are supposed to offer protection to sellers from international INR.
Old 11-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

ebay expect you to refund in full, when they goods did not get picked up? that seems unlikely.

In my experience cases go how they go and cannot always predicted, I have won a few cases where I was technically in the wrong and got the decision and thought @what'?

they are not that unreasonable, you are entitled to escalate. I would only do it if I was completely in the right and had all the evidence.

If the OP wants to let it go for the good of the account and because they are stealth, that is another matter and an option too....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-21-2014 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-21-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

because you can not prove delivery, ebay will expect you to refund in full. The reason why is immaterial. This is ebay after all!

Unless of course you are the buyer and you are returning an item for a refund, in that case attempted delivery is good enough.

You've got to love ebay.
Old 11-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

if you think that things have changed and they look at INR in strict terms, then maybe, that has not been my experience, then again I have not had anything similar in a while.

reason I commented was, I had this exact thing happen and to germany too as a matter of fact. The woman was an utter idiot, and wanted it resent or full money back. She threatened lawyers as well! I had warned her on ebay messages to pick up the parcel or it would get returned and I specified that I would not refund in full.

she started a case, the formats were different then though, it was a couple of years ago, and I feel they listened to seller then more perhaps, i simply responded with the info....ebay decided that I refund her minus the postage...and given it was tracked which was about £12 it was worth a sentence to ebay to try and save that.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-22-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
because you can not prove delivery, ebay will expect you to refund in full. The reason why is immaterial. This is ebay after all!

Unless of course you are the buyer and you are returning an item for a refund, in that case attempted delivery is good enough.

You've got to love ebay.
Yup - loss to the sellers...eB favours the buyer