Paypal know you are using stealth accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-02-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Paypal know you are using stealth accounts

I purchased an eBay/Paypal package from a seller a while back from the marketplace section of the website. This Paypal account was recently limited. Don't worry this isn't another sob story, more my observations about the reasons why this happened and trying to understand how Paypal knew I was using a stealth account. The eBay account remains intact, but I cannot create any new listings because my Paypal account is currently limited. I didn't receive any emails form Paypal about the limitation, in fact I only became aware that my Paypal was limited when I sold 6 items on the same day, and my buyers reported to me that they couldn't pay. So I logged in to my Paypal and saw that it was limited three days prior.

The reason for the limitation was the first thing that struck me as strange. The reason was "For reasons relating to the safe use of the Paypal service we need some more information about you and your account to help confirm your identity." I had a fully verified Premier account with all of the limits removed. I have a 100% positive feedback score on eBay, no complaints, no chargebacks, nothing. Despite the fact that I purchased the stealth account, rather than create one, I honestly knew what I was doing. And I wasn't selling knock offs. I was already confident that the limitation was not as a result of anything I had done, but something a little deeper.

I spoke with the vendor, and he confirmed that his customers have had issues with Paypal utilising more advanced resources to detect stealth accounts. This confirmed what I already suspected, that the account was limited purely by virtue of being a stealth account. I suppose they are using methods to verify the documents submitted, and perhaps cross referencing the BIN's of VCC's that are used. The vendor mentioned they were probably using a number of agencies to weed out the stealth accounts, which is probably spot on, but what justifies this action and the costs associated?

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 12-02-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: PMd
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-02-2014

Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Paypal know you are using stealth accounts

I don't wish to debate this, especially on open forum to a lot of users.

One thing needs to be clear and it is this.

Stealth is stealth, these accounts have always been made to the best of any sellers ability, no one sells accounts knowing that they are going to go down in the next month. A service is provided to a buyer with an account that is setup in details that of course are not real. For a start, that is a risk which I must admit lots do not understand. Using stealth and the general feeling has always been setup as many accounts as you can as there is no guarantee that at 5pm today your account will not get limited with £3,000 in cash stuck for 180 days.

Account sellers have to change the ways we work in line with the changes at eBay and PayPal and I am sure I speak for everyone when issues arise, help will be given.

No account seller here controls eBay or Paypal, a service is provided, solid at the time and it is then down to the end user to not only manage but UNDERSTAND how these companies work.

It's fine me going and buying 100 stealth accounts but if I do not understand how PayPal and eBay work, I just am not going to last in this game. As sellers (and again I hope I speak for everyone) but vetting a customer before selling to make sure they understand what they are purchasing AND that they UNDERSTAND stealth and how PayPal and eBay work. We have to trust they know how to run their account and how they should be keeping under the radar.

Now, these changes at PayPal are somewhat massive and are being addressed daily...pasting information that is very sensitive on the forum just cannot be done because we would be tipping our hand to them, so when people keep posting the same threads about accounts going down, believe me there are MANY MANY people on the forums looking for solutions daily.

PLEASE NOTE: This is not a dig at customers, other forum members, MODs or anyone else, purely my view on what stealth is and how it needs to be understood. Changes will be changes and EVERYONE needs to adapt accordingly.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
colt63 (12-03-2014), copley1 (12-02-2014), Ebayorbust (12-02-2014), ooooo.halo (12-02-2014), SUVE (12-04-2014), tannedweekend (12-02-2014), yankee (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
I don't wish to debate this, especially on open forum to a lot of users.

One thing needs to be clear and it is this.

Stealth is stealth, these accounts have always been made to the best of any sellers ability, no one sells accounts knowing that they are going to go down in the next month. A service is provided to a buyer with an account that is setup in details that of course are not real. For a start, that is a risk which I must admit lots do not understand. Using stealth and the general feeling has always been setup as many accounts as you can as there is no guarantee that at 5pm today your account will not get limited with £3,000 in cash stuck for 180 days.

Account sellers have to change the ways we work in line with the changes at eBay and PayPal and I am sure I speak for everyone when issues arise, help will be given.

No account seller here controls eBay or Paypal, a service is provided, solid at the time and it is then down to the end user to not only manage but UNDERSTAND how these companies work.

It's fine me going and buying 100 stealth accounts but if I do not understand how PayPal and eBay work, I just am not going to last in this game. As sellers (and again I hope I speak for everyone) but vetting a customer before selling to make sure they understand what they are purchasing AND that they UNDERSTAND stealth and how PayPal and eBay work. We have to trust they know how to run their account and how they should be keeping under the radar.

Now, these changes at PayPal are somewhat massive and are being addressed daily...pasting information that is very sensitive on the forum just cannot be done because we would be tipping our hand to them, so when people keep posting the same threads about accounts going down, believe me there are MANY MANY people on the forums looking for solutions daily.

PLEASE NOTE: This is not a dig at customers, other forum members, MODs or anyone else, purely my view on what stealth is and how it needs to be understood. Changes will be changes and EVERYONE needs to adapt accordingly.
Well said :-)
Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

There are issues ongoing here that go way beyond any accounts that I have sold.

For those that have purchased any accounts and had issues, they should contact the specific seller to discuss, as I have been doing for the last 3 weeks now.

The continual posts on this subject are only confirming to Paypal that the action they have taken to date was correct and will only further encourage them to go looking for further stealth accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
copley1 (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Well said Callidus and Ebayorbust.
Old 12-02-2014

Longevity: 57%

Everyone knows this buddy, there is absolutely NO NEED to further clarify.

Also a note for all buyers of stealth accounts, don't be absolute ****s if your account goes down.

The sellers are all trying to make money just like the rest of us, there is absolutely no need for blaming each other or trying to screw each other over.

All the sellers i have experience with on here with are actually pretty darn responsible businessman that will, to the best of their abilities help people as much as possible.

Show a little courtesy and don't try and **** all over people who are ALL in the same boat as you. We all need money, but we all also have a responsibility to help each other out and show a little empathy, especially at this time of year.

Furthermore, without these sellers many of you what have been able to make jack **** on ebay after getting banned. So what an account went down, i'm sure for most we have made far more money than we paid for the account through selling.

A little gratitude and empathy goes a long way in building not only a strong stealth community, but also a better world for everyone to live in.

Regards.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to copley1 For This Useful Post:
colt63 (12-03-2014), ooooo.halo (12-02-2014), tannedweekend (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014

Longevity: 61%

I should think most people have made their buying cost back through sales, I know I have and I wasn't selling much at all, just had them there ticking over.

I'm in no way blaming the account seller, and I hope others will follow suit.

Sh1t has hit the fan though and hopefully we can all find a way forward.
Old 12-02-2014

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geegee83 View Post
Sh1t has hit the fan though and hopefully we can all find a way forward.
You're not wrong there at all, lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (12-02-2014)