eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Paypal ebay era at an end? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/80511-paypal-ebay-era-end.html)

Baffled 12-09-2014 06:44 AM

Paypal ebay era at an end?

I have heard that paypal will be implementing cra checks on all accounts q1 next year .

What happens now in regards to paypal accounts ?

If we cant confirm identity to raise the £1900 limit what does this mean? I can't see around getting these checks, although it seems silly they they add using cra as not everyone is on the electron register and people are always moving address?

Will this mean the end?

Callidus 12-09-2014 06:47 AM

Re: Paypal ebay era at an end?

This whole 'heard' business is really annoying. It's like a chinese whisper.

There is info out there to support this but as of NOW, there is limited info as to WHY all of these accounts are going down.

Some say docs, others say credit checking....all theory unfortunately, so this thread will turn into yet another debate.

Highly doubt it will be the end!

Baffled 12-09-2014 06:54 AM

Well at least that's some positive news .

They are obviously doing something different now because the amount of accounts closing and not getting through the limits is crazy

digzz 12-09-2014 07:53 AM

Yep security has defiantly gone up since 2 months ago but what change in the security system who knows.

Baffled 12-09-2014 12:50 PM

Will there be a sticky once its figured out ?

Dawidck 12-10-2014 05:31 AM

They also understand that once they implement it there will be not many sellers left. Too much profit to loose..

oompaloompa 12-10-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawidck (Post 618279)
They also understand that once they implement it there will be not many sellers left. Too much profit to loose..

that is what I was thinking, if they lose a big proportion of stealth accs, it will make for alot less product choice, given paypal and on ebay are linked and need each other and the prices will go up as competition will go down....It could be good for the sellers left standing though.......ebay and paypal revenue will be affected.

GreenBean 12-10-2014 07:21 AM

paypal and ebay are splitting and parting company in the future.

:ranger:

oompaloompa 12-10-2014 07:28 AM

I know but alot of the revenue that paypal will lose would be via ebay, and they are all linked around in a circle, paypal purges will create less revenue for paypal, and that is bad business...if I am running a business, I do not turn away paying customers......

.....business option paypals are something we should also discuss, what is the difference if any, between bans on account types.

Klemantina 12-10-2014 09:12 AM

It's hard to believe they know how to eliminate stealth accounts but they don't because they don't want to loose revenue. I wonder how big the active stealth accounts on eBay, is it 10% or 50%+?
If your right than why are they always coming with new idiotic ways to catch stealth users? I bet they loose some revenue on the new necessary phone calls to prove your identity. Is it just to make it look like they care? Why would they keep increase their expenses on catching stealth accounts?
I think they don't want any stealth accounts even if they will loose huge amounts of money and eventually they will find a solution to the stealth problem, some new voice,finger,signature,document technology that will make us look for other sources of income.

Baffled 12-10-2014 09:15 AM

I think we will have a period where we just cant use accounts etc

I reckon ebay will have to implement another agency to use for their transactions

rsot 12-10-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled (Post 618050)
Will there be a sticky once its figured out ?

Tough to make that sticky because PP constantly having changes

stevebills 12-10-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 618306)
paypal and ebay are splitting and parting company in the future.

seems stealth and paypal are also parting company :d

stevebills 12-10-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klemantina (Post 618331)
It's hard to believe they know how to eliminate stealth accounts but they don't because they don't want to loose revenue. I wonder how big the active stealth accounts on eBay, is it 10% or 50%+?
If your right than why are they always coming with new idiotic ways to catch stealth users? I bet they loose some revenue on the new necessary phone calls to prove your identity. Is it just to make it look like they care? Why would they keep increase their expenses on catching stealth accounts?
I think they don't want any stealth accounts even if they will loose huge amounts of money and eventually they will find a solution to the stealth problem, some new voice,finger,signature,document technology that will make us look for other sources of income.

paypal want your dna:amen:

sugarlaces 12-10-2014 11:35 AM

If stealth dies and many including myself rely on as a main and only income then UK unemployment will rise too next year.

Klemantina 12-10-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevebills (Post 618364)
paypal want your dna:amen:

Is it that hard for you to believe that they will eventually figure out how to lower or even eliminate all stealth accounts?

If people opening their iphone using their finger, maybe somewhere in the future in some point of the registration to paypal they can ask for unique information that will significantly lower the amount of your stealth accounts.

What if paypal will sign a new agreements with banks that will allow paypal to see your bank information, someday it might happen like it already happened with few banks.

realdeals 12-10-2014 11:45 AM

By its' very nature, there will always be stealth. However, how practical or viable it may be for stealthers to circumnavigate Ebay/pp to achieve their goals is another matter.

sugarlaces 12-10-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realdeals (Post 618414)
By its' very nature, there will always be stealth. However, how practical or viable it may be for stealthers to circumnavigate Ebay/pp to achieve their goals is another matter.

ratio is open 1 in every 100 created might just stay under the rador to bail out at £1600 until the following year.

Baffled 12-10-2014 04:34 PM

Well I guess we will have to give it a few months before we find out where its going , I guess there is no point in even buying anymore accounts now because the rate of closure is crazy, hope its not the end of ebay, my main income is from ebay

Bulldog 12-11-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled (Post 617901)

If we cant confirm identity to raise the £1900 limit what does this mean? I can't see around getting these checks, although it seems silly they they add using cra as not everyone is on the electron register and people are always moving address?

Will this mean the end?

This is the first time I've heard anything about cra checks.

Will this be on opening a seller account or only when we have reached our paypal limits?

To an extent they already check if you live at an address and is why we need to show them docs to raise our limits.

Or our we talking about something completely different...lol

GreenBean 12-11-2014 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldog (Post 618631)

Or our we talking about something completely different...lol

Something completely different.

Was mentioned in the different paypal T&S updates over the last year.

Numerous users have had permanent limitations on already verified accounts.

Look over the UK fourm and the paypal limited forum.

Many posts in them which expand on the issues.

stevebills 12-11-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled (Post 617901)
I have heard that paypal will be implementing cra checks on all accounts q1 next year .

What happens now in regards to paypal accounts ?

Will this mean the end?

May of already started stealth's are going down fast nobody knows why:amen: