Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-21-2014
BlackBerets's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

So I'm a male. My voice over the phone is the manliest thing you can hear. There is no way in hell I would be able to pull off a female voice if I had to contact eBay through the phone... Or vise versa.

The seller who sold me the account gave me a 100% female account.

I'm just wondering if this might end up being a problem....
Do other members on here (with stealth accounts) ever call or get calls from eBay where they HAVE to talk? If so... Should I get a refund and switch to another account? Or am I just being paranoid...
__________________
Long-Time eBay Veteran. Suspended in 2013. Decided to return as my 2015 New Years Resolution! 100% Stealth as of now.
Platinum account purchased from Fox20c
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 12-21-2014
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 19,501
Thanks: 2,327
Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,867 Posts
Activity: 42%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (457)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

Really its a lot better to have an account that is in your actual gender. You may well need to contact eBay or PayPal about something in the future.

Bes thing to do is discuss your issue with the seller
__________________

Top Quality Fresh IP


Click to add me to
WhastApp | Skype | PM
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-21-2014)
  #3  
Old 12-21-2014
BlackBerets's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Really its a lot better to have an account that is in your actual gender. You may well need to contact eBay or PayPal about something in the future.

Bes thing to do is discuss your issue with the seller
Thanks for the confirmation. I'll have to contact @fox20c and tell him about this issue.
__________________
Long-Time eBay Veteran. Suspended in 2013. Decided to return as my 2015 New Years Resolution! 100% Stealth as of now.
Platinum account purchased from Fox20c
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-21-2014
BlackBerets's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Really its a lot better to have an account that is in your actual gender. You may well need to contact eBay or PayPal about something in the future.

Bes thing to do is discuss your issue with the seller
I sent him a PM and hopefully he will have an account he can switch out with mine (that has the same platinum benefits that is). If not then I'm going to be very VERY disappointed with my wasted time :(
__________________
Long-Time eBay Veteran. Suspended in 2013. Decided to return as my 2015 New Years Resolution! 100% Stealth as of now.
Platinum account purchased from Fox20c
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-21-2014
john007's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 125
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

There's also a software to transform your male to female voice.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-21-2014
pokerpro's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 171
Thanked 281 Times in 198 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

I'm not going to sugar coat it....that is horrible! However you do it, you need to have a stealth is the same gender as the person that will be talking to them......swap it!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-21-2014)
  #7  
Old 12-21-2014
BlackBerets's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
I'm not going to sugar coat it....that is horrible! However you do it, you need to have a stealth is the same gender as the person that will be talking to them......swap it!
I agree. But the issue has been resolved so whats is done. Hopefully this thread will help out others with this question in the future.
__________________
Long-Time eBay Veteran. Suspended in 2013. Decided to return as my 2015 New Years Resolution! 100% Stealth as of now.
Platinum account purchased from Fox20c

Last edited by BlackBerets; 12-22-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-21-2014
BlackBerets's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john007 View Post
There's also a software to transform your male to female voice.
Well then John. That sure is ONE HELL OF A SOLUTION.
__________________
Long-Time eBay Veteran. Suspended in 2013. Decided to return as my 2015 New Years Resolution! 100% Stealth as of now.
Platinum account purchased from Fox20c
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-21-2014
pokerpro's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 171
Thanked 281 Times in 198 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

if it was life or death yes, but that should not have to be considered.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-21-2014
bjammin's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,356
Thanks: 416
Thanked 801 Times in 502 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
iTrader: (78)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

I have a paypal account in a females name. I am a male. I had someone buy 2 accounts off me and tried to burn me through paypal after selling Nikes off the 2 accounts and leaving them both with negative balances. I had to call paypal to resolve this, mostly because I was just so pissed that this person was such a low life. I did not disguise my voice. I just called, got a int'l rep as normal, and resolved my issue in about 5 mins. My voice was not an issue. Their accounts they bought got burned plus the one they paid me with.

Anyhow, the int'l ppl don't know if your name is male or female. Maybe you got punched in the throat as a kid and talk like a man now. Maybe you are sick or your parents just hated you since you was born. Most ppl arent gonna ask you why you have a man's voice and a female name. Its like askig a prego girl if she is prego. You just don't do it because she may turn out to just be fat. Now that person feels like an ass. So I doubt your voice will get questioned. But in the future you should still get a same gender account.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
Nikez87 (02-22-2017), Play (04-21-2016), yankee (12-22-2014)
  #11  
Old 12-21-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

I've had this happen to me once, ended up having to call after a MC999, I have a pretty deep voice as well. Talked in my regular voice with no problems and eventually got my account reinstated. It was pretty funny though, the representative I was talking to called me Mr (whatever the last name was on the account, forgot) and immediately apologized and said Ms
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-21-2014
BlackBerets's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I have a paypal account in a females name. I am a male. I had someone buy 2 accounts off me and tried to burn me through paypal after selling Nikes off the 2 accounts and leaving them both with negative balances. I had to call paypal to resolve this, mostly because I was just so pissed that this person was such a low life. I did not disguise my voice. I just called, got a int'l rep as normal, and resolved my issue in about 5 mins. My voice was not an issue. Their accounts they bought got burned plus the one they paid me with.

Anyhow, the int'l ppl don't know if your name is male or female. Maybe you got punched in the throat as a kid and talk like a man now. Maybe you are sick or your parents just hated you since you was born. Most ppl arent gonna ask you why you have a man's voice and a female name. Its like askig a prego girl if she is prego. You just don't do it because she may turn out to just be fat. Now that person feels like an ass. So I doubt your voice will get questioned. But in the future you should still get a same gender account.
I see... But I honestly think it would depend on the Agent you get. Ive had times (myself) when speaking to Customer Service agents that were much more laid back and easygoing then others. Other times I even had a problem with my Sister getting her account started (helped by me over the phone) and the REP would question who I was and if I had permission from the owner to be helping. I understand some people might not run into an issue in regards to this...

But think about it for a second. Will a female be selling mens pants and gun holsters? Would a female have a browsing history of "hot babe posters"? I also want my customers to know a man with EXPERIENCE in firearms/man stuff is selling them their items. I don't want to have my listing be done from a females point of view (yet alone shipped under a females name). There WILL BE men out their (sexist men) that will question my business since I'm registered under a female account (ESPECIALLY IF THE ACCOUNT IS A FEMALE NAME).

And I just simply don't want to cross my fingers when speaking to a rep. I will get nervous and who knows, I might have a mental breakdown. We're talking about a stealth account that I WOULDN'T want to lose! I don't want ANY suspicions what-so-ever and I'm sure other people wouldn't want them as well.

(P.S I don't want to sound sexist, but I would be MUCH more confident myself buying an antique WW2 revolver holster from a "John Malchio", rather then a "Jessica Wang")
__________________
Long-Time eBay Veteran. Suspended in 2013. Decided to return as my 2015 New Years Resolution! 100% Stealth as of now.
Platinum account purchased from Fox20c

Last edited by BlackBerets; 12-21-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-21-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 150
Thanks: 66
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 57%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

You need to talk these things privately with the seller. I dont think you are even allowed to name the sellers name when they did not do anything wrong.

I personally dealt with him multiple times and he has been more than great to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerets View Post
This seriously makes me question "fox20c" as a seller/merchant on here now.... Why in the hell did he send me an account registered under a female?

One would suspect that he would have at LEAST asked me before sending the account (yet alone my name/profile should be a dead giveaway). I thought that Stealth Account sellers on here would be the people that would understand all the flag possibilities. Yet a rookie like myself noticed this... and he didn't? What would have happened if I ignored this and kept using it until that dreadful future call from ebay? DISASTER.

I'm going to have to receive a solid response from him now to make up for my lost time....

Heck I just noticed that he has only 1 feedback in regards to his sales? I understand people might give the feedback after using the account for a month or two (to be satisfied) and he most likely just started selling recently... But I'm honestly wondering now if I should be taking my business elsewhere...

I don't want to hate on the man or raise any hostility/mistrust... He did his part on responding to my PM's and sent me the account rather fast after I paid him. He also had a very professional template on his page and his replies showed he was not all talk and meant business. I'm sure he is an excellent seller and doesn't mean no harm with this "error"... But I'm just simply baffled at how this happened to be. I wonder if anyone else has received a different gender account...

Someone should make a sticky in the Marketplace section regarding this. People need to know.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emings5 For This Useful Post:
yankee (12-22-2014)
  #14  
Old 12-21-2014
john007's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 125
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

he is not allowed you said? he just did...you can't tell him what to do m8...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to john007 For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-21-2014)
  #15  
Old 12-21-2014
BlackBerets's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emings5 View Post
You need to talk these things privately with the seller. I dont think you are even allowed to name the sellers name when they did not do anything wrong.

I personally dealt with him multiple times and he has been more than great to me.
Like I said, I understand if he is a great seller and I'm sure he hasn't disappointed anyone with his sales... But I just happen to be the one exception (In regards to MY case). In my eyes, and others in this thread, this could end up to be a possible flag. No one should take risks when it comes to this.
__________________
Long-Time eBay Veteran. Suspended in 2013. Decided to return as my 2015 New Years Resolution! 100% Stealth as of now.
Platinum account purchased from Fox20c

Last edited by BlackBerets; 12-22-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackBerets For This Useful Post:
pokerpro (12-21-2014)
  #16  
Old 12-21-2014
pokerpro's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 171
Thanked 281 Times in 198 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

I agree....if you every had to deal with a US rep, you'd be toast...and personally, i NEVER deal with foreign reps....NEVER...they are robots who have NEVER helped me....screwed me every time......
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-21-2014)
  #17  
Old 12-21-2014
BlackBerets's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
I agree....if you every had to deal with a US rep, you'd be toast...and personally, i NEVER deal with foreign reps....NEVER...they are robots who have NEVER helped me....screwed me every time......
Man speaks the truth. Foreign reps RARELY help anyone, regardless of the service/issue. I was stuck for 2 HOURS with a women from India who couldn't tell me I had my ethernet cable in the wrong port. I dropped the phone, called a center near my zipcode, got an American Male who INSTANTLY suggested switching my ethernet cable to a different port. Solved my problem in less then a minute.


Anyways, the solution to this thread is fairly simple. If you don't want the headaches/trauma and possible flags... Get/make a same gender account. It will be a much more reasonable choice. And I took this to the forums to get other peoples opinions before I messaged the seller (sellers are all usually busy and tend to reply within 24 hours). If this happened to not be a problem I would have forgotten about it and continued with my stealth life happily (without inconveniencing the seller)... Now I'm glad that I did first ask you fellow members first. Amazing community to be honest. Responses within minutes. I love you guys.
__________________
Long-Time eBay Veteran. Suspended in 2013. Decided to return as my 2015 New Years Resolution! 100% Stealth as of now.
Platinum account purchased from Fox20c

Last edited by BlackBerets; 12-21-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-21-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 150
Thanks: 66
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 57%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john007 View Post
he is not allowed you said? he just did...you can't tell him what to do m8...
Of course I cant tell him what to do. Thats not what I meant anyways. But I read both Aspkin's and modrators comments advising forum members to solve these issues directly with the seller and then contact them if they are unable to solve any dispute. I should not have used the word allowed "m8"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-21-2014
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,934
Thanks: 2,730
Thanked 3,081 Times in 2,264 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 57%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

Im a dude with a very much so chicks name in real life. It is NEVER an issue on ebay or paypal, etc...

Just be confident when you speak as if IT WAS YOU.

Also, did you express that you are a male when ordering the account? If not, how would fox know?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
fox20c (12-22-2014)
  #20  
Old 12-21-2014
BlackBerets's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Im a dude with a very much so chicks name in real life. It is NEVER an issue on ebay or paypal, etc...

Just be confident when you speak as if IT WAS YOU.

Also, did you express that you are a male when ordering the account? If not, how would fox know?
The discussion has already come to a conclusion regardless of any ways to "bypass" this issue. I simply do not want this inconvenience. I also explained in the posts above as to why talking to ebay reps ISN'T THE ONLY ISSUE AT HAND. For my stealth account and its goals... I require a male-associated account. The seller has been messaged and I await his response.
__________________
Long-Time eBay Veteran. Suspended in 2013. Decided to return as my 2015 New Years Resolution! 100% Stealth as of now.
Platinum account purchased from Fox20c
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-21-2014
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 106
Thanks: 106
Thanked 158 Times in 88 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (17)
Send a message via Skype™ to pr0wake
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

Unless specifically requested by the customer, I give any mix of male and female names

I have called in on female accounts as a male. They are not allowed to pass judgements based on voice.

next time, please specify at the time of purchase. Its not our duty to know exactly what you are looking for, we would have far too many questions.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pr0wake For This Useful Post:
yankee (12-21-2014)
  #22  
Old 12-21-2014
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,934
Thanks: 2,730
Thanked 3,081 Times in 2,264 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 57%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Male with a female paypal/ebay? Call Disaster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerets View Post
This seriously makes me question "fox20c" as a seller/merchant on here now.... Why in the hell did he send me an account registered under a female?

One would suspect that he would have at LEAST asked me before sending the account (yet alone my name/profile should be a dead giveaway). I thought that Stealth Account sellers on here would be the people that would understand all the flag possibilities. Yet a rookie like myself noticed this... and he didn't? What would have happened if I ignored this and kept using it until that dreadful future call from ebay? DISASTER.

I'm going to have to receive a solid response from him now to make up for my lost time....

Heck I just noticed that he has only 1 feedback in regards to his sales? I understand people might give the feedback after using the account for a month or two (to be satisfied) and he most likely just started selling recently... But I'm honestly wondering now if I should be taking my business elsewhere...

I don't want to hate on the man or raise any hostility/mistrust... He did his part on responding to my PM's and sent me the account rather fast after I paid him. He also had a very professional template on his page and his replies showed he was not all talk and meant business. I'm sure he is an excellent seller and doesn't mean no harm with this "error"... But I'm just simply baffled at how this happened to be. I wonder if anyone else has received a different gender account...

Someone should make a sticky in the Marketplace section regarding this. People need to know.
Did you specify you wanted a male names account? If the answer is no, then why the hell would he have made a male account for you?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stealth account male, bank account female mynameis UK PayPal Talk 2 02-28-2014 05:36 PM
Male or female account naming limited on ebay/paypal... FandangoKango Subscriber Discussions 18 01-12-2012 06:05 AM
Why paypal be like this? Its disaster! successsor PayPal Talk 7 05-29-2010 10:02 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58