eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Has Anyone Docs have declined since the rules? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/81072-has-anyone-docs-have-declined-since-rules.html)

eternity4u 12-26-2014 04:42 AM

Has Anyone Docs have declined since the rules?

Has anyone attempted to send in docs to PayPal since the new policy started?

Has anyone docs been declined?

jhn2001 12-26-2014 08:06 AM

Re: Has Anyone Docs have declined since the rules?

whats the new policy ?

Callidus 12-26-2014 08:18 AM

Read the new T&Cs - due to be implemented 29th December

screwbay 12-26-2014 08:56 AM

if paypal are starting to do credit checks, then sureley these are for people who want credit?

JamesNorth101 12-26-2014 09:06 AM

Not everyone in the UK has credit history.
PayPal would be shooting themselves in the foot if they turned down everyone that has 0 credit history

Ebayorbust 12-26-2014 09:16 AM

It's nothing to do with having credit / credit history. It's about being able to identify that a person is who they say they are and that they live where they say they live.

Over 95% of the adult UK population have established credit history - enough to electronically identify themselves. The 5% that don't will get asked for documents that will be subject to these enhanced checks.

Why do you think Paypal are "shooting themselves in the foot" by trying to reduce fraud?

JamesNorth101 12-26-2014 09:28 AM

That is not what I was referring to.

Quote:

PayPal would be shooting themselves in the foot if they turned down everyone that has 0 credit history
If PayPal automatically declined anyone that has no credit history in the UK then they would be loosing a lot of business.

They would be loosing out on people who have recently moved from overseas to the UK, students from overseas, people who have recently turned 18, people who simply have no credit history as well as a host of other potential customers.

PayPal are rightly trying to reduce fraud, they have left themselves far too open to it for too many years, but they will not do that by simply declining anyone who has no credit history. That would be very bad for business and therefore they would be 'shooting themselves in the foot'

Ebayorbust 12-26-2014 09:50 AM

They won't decline any genuine customers if they have no credit history.

Anyone that fails the automated checks will be asked for documents in the same way they have done for the last several years.

solefoodbk 12-26-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 623961)
Not everyone in the UK has credit history.

Especially kids that are 18 who either want to make real money using eBay or just for side money..

These people are the foundation of Paypal's future growth, so it would be highly unwise to do that! First impression is everything.

johnquango 12-26-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 623971)
They won't decline any genuine customers if they have no credit history.

Anyone that fails the automated checks will be asked for documents in the same way they have done for the last several years.

what happens in paypal visibly when you pass their 'automated checks' ??

its been over 10yrs since I set up a 'real acc' so im not familiar with the modern set up..

I know when stealthing you click it twice / it fails twice / then asks for the Docs.

if you set up a 'real / genuine pp acc' whats the process to verify? or would there not be one after you have linked bank account etc

tida2004 12-28-2014 01:28 PM

I've submitted one yesterday and call them instant , the lady from P****l checked and put my account standard.

eternity4u 12-28-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tida2004 (Post 624692)
I've submitted one yesterday and call them instant , the lady from P****l checked and put my account standard.

Was this a stealth docs?

Congratulations on passing. :bounce::bounce:

JamesNorth101 12-28-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Its not a good idea to phone them. It tends to mean the docs will appear to go though, only to actually fail a few days later.

GreenBean 12-29-2014 01:09 AM

Quote:

Come back in 3 months and tell us this is still up.

Be prepared for the worst.

mynameis 12-29-2014 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 624752)
Its not a good idea to phone them. It tends to mean the docs will appear to go though, only to actually fail a few days later.

Why is that? Surely once the docs are accepted, they're accepted for good. Unless you're talking about their new policy.

Callidus 12-29-2014 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynameis (Post 624886)
Why is that? Surely once the docs are accepted, they're accepted for good. Unless you're talking about their new policy.

No, this is not the case. Call them after submitting documents, you will see what happens....even if they get accepted, wait it out for 2-3 days for the dreaded email.

mynameis 12-29-2014 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callidus (Post 624888)
No, this is not the case. Call them after submitting documents, you will see what happens....even if they get accepted, wait it out for 2-3 days for the dreaded email.

So are you saying the doc success rate will increase if they are submitted and the user does not call in?

RosieTosie 12-29-2014 05:54 AM

The new policy beginning today is the only issue, what else is there! Possible solutions for going forward with stealth either work from this point or it is back to the drawing board, anyone starting up now should be waiting to read what happens next by coming back here

GreenBean 12-29-2014 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynameis (Post 624890)
So are you saying the doc success rate will increase if they are submitted and the user does not call in?

No. This is not the case either.

You need to read the many threads as soon as possible.

Callidus 12-29-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynameis (Post 624890)

No that is definately not what I am saying.

Many threads around with relevant info as GB has stated. :ranger:

rsot 12-29-2014 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieTosie (Post 624891)
The new policy beginning today is the only issue, what else is there! Possible solutions for going forward with stealth either work from this point or it is back to the drawing board, anyone starting up now should be waiting to read what happens next by coming back here

Can only wait and see Rosie - PP is always up to something...this whole new doc submission and subsequent account closing is worrisome

RosieTosie 12-29-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 624951)
Can only wait and see Rosie - PP is always up to something...this whole new doc submission and subsequent account closing is worrisome

Yes extremely worrisome for those us over here in the UK as we do seem to be almost a testing ground for these new checks at the moment!