eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   how to confirm identity with phone? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/81075-how-confirm-identity-phone.html)

johnwick 12-26-2014 08:39 AM

how to confirm identity with phone?

i make a paypal put a tracfone number in beginning but it asks for address then says address dont match number how are people passing the identity part

Breakthecycle2 12-26-2014 01:36 PM

Re: how to confirm identity with phone?

Trafones have been a problem lately with doing phone verifications. You are better off getting a Virgin Mobile prepaid phone for $10 and paying $30 a month. You can change the phone number as much as many times as you want.

johnwick 12-26-2014 02:01 PM

thanks but it passes the address verification part? note i am not linking the card i am wanting to confirm the identity

elmo 12-26-2014 02:09 PM

Are you registering the tracfone online before adding the #? You can add a zip code to the tracfone on the tracfone website when you activate the phone.

secret storm 12-26-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 (Post 624030)
Trafones have been a problem lately with doing phone verifications. You are better off getting a Virgin Mobile prepaid phone for $10 and paying $30 a month. You can change the phone number as much as many times as you want.

Hey thanks so much for this info. Is there a cost to change the phone number when using Virgin Mobile prepaid phones?

secret storm 12-27-2014 02:26 PM

Someone please answer this that knows for sure:

Is there a cost to change the phone number when using Virgin Mobile prepaid phones?

Also will they verify your phone number on paypal every single time with no problems?

MM78 12-27-2014 02:33 PM

I have mentioned this already in other post:
The Phone Verification ONLY works with the Number you Originally used when registering the Paypal.

What won't work:
1. Adding a New Number
2. Changing the Number

If you don't have access to the number you used when registering the paypal.....it will not work.

trosky 12-27-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 624441)

The Phone Verification ONLY works with the Number you Originally used when registering the Paypal.

What won't work:

1. Adding a New Number

2. Changing the Number

If you don't have access to the number you used when registering the paypal.....it will not work.

We need a sticky with this info, so many different threats with this issue every week.

Breakthecycle2 12-27-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

What won't work:
1. Adding a New Number
2. Changing the Number

This is completely inaccurate, at least for me. What works is registering a phone number in the same zip code as the account.

secret storm 12-27-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

What won't work:
1. Adding a New Number
2. Changing the Number

That is the very first time I have ever heard anything like that ever.

Makes me think that you are joking are you?

GreenBean 12-27-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trosky (Post 624448)
We need a sticky with this info, so many different threats with this issue every week.

Sticky will not work.

paypal game changes almost daily.

trosky 12-27-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 624460)
Sticky will not work.

paypal game changes almost daily.

True that!

Breakthecycle2 12-27-2014 04:11 PM

I just dd it yesterday. The number I had - Virgin prepaid, was a different area code then the stealth account I made. I kept getting the error "this number doesn't appear to be registered to you.". I made a Google Voice number within the same zip code and it worked.

secret storm 12-27-2014 04:52 PM

So let me get this straight the first phone number you register with paypal is the one that you need to verify paypal with. Because any phone number you add afterwards will never work for the paypal verification ever again no matter what phone you use or what phone carrier it is for that single paypal account?

Breakthecycle2 12-27-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret storm (Post 624486)
So let me get this straight the first phone number you register with paypal is the one that you need to verify paypal with. Because any phone number you add afterwards will never work for the paypal verification ever again no matter what phone you use or what phone carrier it is for that single paypal account?

That is not correct. Re-read the thread.

bjammin 12-27-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

What won't work:
1. Adding a New Number
2. Changing the Number

This is my experience as well. Once you add a number to paypal, you best plan on keeping it active. Because once you change it, you will start geting errors from paypal that do not make since. I once thought this was a glitch, but this seems to be here to stay. In the accounts I have been preparing, this information provided by MM78 has been the most accurate.

I have tried VoIPs, TracFones, and VZ pre-paids. It hasn't matter which platform for a phone I have used. Once I tried changing the number, thats when all the problems began. Also, when you go to add a bank account, be prepared for PP to want to send you a PIN over the phone via text or call. As everyone posting here has noticed, PP has been very good about sending messages like "this number does not appear to be registered to you" when you try to get that PIN when adding a bank account.

I believe PP being able to check phone numbers is a lie. They just don't like to see numbers changed soon after creating an account. I am not saying anyone is wrong here. I am just saying what is working for me right now.

Good Luck Stealthers!

Breakthecycle2 12-27-2014 07:27 PM

It has to do with the zip codes.

danshan 12-27-2014 11:48 PM

Lol it has to do with zip codes

Breakthecycle2 12-28-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 624557)
Lol it has to do with zip codes

Keep laughing bro. If you're going to troll every comment I make, at least have all your facts.

danshan 12-28-2014 10:38 PM

Please clarify exactly what facts I am missing please?

Breakthecycle2 12-28-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 624786)
Please clarify exactly what facts I am missing please?

That you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

danshan 12-28-2014 11:02 PM

You are joking right?