VPN versus Mifi's for Ip addresses - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-31-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default VPN versus Mifi's for Ip addresses

Ok I have been thinking about making the switch to VPN's so that I can have a new fresh Dedicated IP address for all my accounts.

I currently have say about 35 ebay and paypal accounts..My goal is to eventually get it up to say 80. (I like to have back ups and sell very minimal on each account that is why I like to have so many for those of you who were going to ask lol)

The thing is with doing this for several years, and having MANY accounts over the years. It is hard to constantly keep track of all the ip addresses. Ok maybe not hard but TEDIOUS.

Also there are many many times when I get an ip address that I have had before. So I have to turn it off and back on and wait, sometimes it is a new ip address from the last but still a used ip addresses from another account. So yet again I have to turn it off and wait and back on.

Honestly I feel, especially once I get my account count back up to higher amounts, that I could cut 1/3 of the work time due to trying to get Fresh IP addresses from my mifi's.

I have 2 mifis right now I know there is always the option of getting a few more mifi's with different service providers. But then I start to think thats great and all but even when I get a Fresh IP address I am not the only person on the planet that is using these particular service providers and mifi services. Which means there is a very strong and definite possibility that another stealther/ebayer has used it before.

I also know that ebay and paypal do not go based solely on ip addresses alone, I understand that other factors are considered.

But like I said the time to get fresh ones and sometimes it does it for a good hour, sending me duplicates, is a big frustrating issue to me.

I was looking into VPNS so I could have a FRESH Dedicated IP address for each one. But no matter what I do or where I look I find that the cheapest I can find is about $7-10 a month. And that is usually if I pay for the whole year up front.

Now if you do the math for that...HOLY CRAP!
Not to mention what happens when I get up to 80 accounts or so?
Times $10 a month for each?? We are talking like $10,000 a year for ip addresses...so then I drop me head and wonder what else I can do?!

I am not a very technically person, but a quick learner. All this to ask,
Does anyone recommend another way to get large amounts of fresh Dedicated IP addresses??
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: VPN versus Mifi's for Ip addresses

Have you contacted 123 about 24VC?

I like VPN for accounts you are using regularly. Very stable and drastically reduces the risk of overlapping an IP. In addition, I can use the fastest broadband possible and it is leaps and bounds cheaper and easier to use than IP blocks from ISPs
Old 12-31-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Have you contacted 123 about 24VC?

I like VPN for accounts you are using regularly. Very stable and drastically reduces the risk of overlapping an IP. In addition, I can use the fastest broadband possible and it is leaps and bounds cheaper and easier to use than IP blocks from ISPs

Yes I did, and for a fresh Dedicated IP it comes to about $10 a month and that is if you pay upfront for the year. They did mention a 10% discount possibly a little more once I had larger numbers like 40 or so. However it still would equal thousands and thousands a year.

I am currently at well, cats outta the bag lol, about $50,000 income a year its just me and I have been having a lot of "issues" in life as every one else does from time to time. I want to start focusing now that things have calmed down a bit at growing and growing to at least twice as much as I am now.

I can not afford..or should I say, I can not justify such a high expense for ip addresses. My mind just keeps spinning at what we could buy for the family every year at that high price.
Old 12-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

VPN is not for every account. Maybe use it for EIN accounts only that sell daily.

Router swapping with a service such as Comcast can be very stable too. Nothing like a VPN and of course you have to log IPs still, but have ten routers for ten accounts and you might only log 10 IPs a month.
Old 12-31-2014

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
VPN is not for every account. Maybe use it for EIN accounts only that sell daily.

Router swapping with a service such as Comcast can be very stable too. Nothing like a VPN and of course you have to log IPs still, but have ten routers for ten accounts and you might only log 10 IPs a month.
This. I only used VPNs for the stable/long term accounts. For the remainder of them, a dongle seems to do the job well.

Can't beat having tabs to switch between stealth accounts without having to sign out / shutdown. Very efficient
Old 12-31-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

how about private proxies ? they seems to be cheaper than vps/vpn ?
Old 01-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Good question, however I think proxies are high risk and result in suspensions
Old 01-02-2015

Longevity: 65%

Proxies much riskier IMO. Stick with a dedicated IP for the important accounts
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post: