Metadata - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Metadata

Yes, the forum is filled with threads where people talk about Metadata and how to remove it and how eBay can track you using it. It's quite clear that they can, and will, link accounts using metadata.
BUT.
Wouldn't it be more beneficial to actually leave the metadata and NOT clean all the photos? I'm not talking about having one camera to take all the photos, I'm talking about having a camera per user and just leave the metadata so that photos woulnd't look squeaky clean to eBay?
I mean, if their aim of the game is to collect as much data per user as possible to make sure that they have full control of each user account, in case they need to link it with some other account, wouldn't it be wiser to just feed eBay the wrong information?

I might just invest into quite a few new cameras, just some burners and nothing fancy, because I feel it's even safer to feed them the data, rather than look like you have something to hide.
It just seems more organic to have data with photos, if I don't look like a professional seller because what sort of a 19th century grandpa would start cleaning the jpegs, rite?

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Metadata

People have confirmed that they were linked via Metadata......especially via Smart Phones. There's no need to have more than 1 Camera, 1 Phone.....Just remove the Metadata and done.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
SilentHill (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by haidukk View Post
Yes, the forum is filled with threads where people talk about Metadata and how to remove it and how eBay can track you using it. It's quite clear that they can, and will, link accounts using metadata.
BUT.
Wouldn't it be more beneficial to actually leave the metadata and NOT clean all the photos? I'm not talking about having one camera to take all the photos, I'm talking about having a camera per user and just leave the metadata so that photos woulnd't look squeaky clean to eBay?
I mean, if their aim of the game is to collect as much data per user as possible to make sure that they have full control of each user account, in case they need to link it with some other account, wouldn't it be wiser to just feed eBay the wrong information?

I might just invest into quite a few new cameras, just some burners and nothing fancy, because I feel it's even safer to feed them the data, rather than look like you have something to hide.
It just seems more organic to have data with photos, if I don't look like a professional seller because what sort of a 19th century grandpa would start cleaning the jpegs, rite?

i wouldn't even go through all that trouble. ebay isn't proactively out there looking for stealthers. they just have their system set and if you slip then thats your bad.
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thready View Post
i wouldn't even go through all that trouble. ebay isn't proactively out there looking for stealthers. they just have their system set and if you slip then thats your bad.
Fair enough.

That's one of the things that I keep thinking about: If you lift the limits and don't make any stupid or silly mistakes, then eBay will literally never know that your account is stealth. And in reality, they probably don't even care that much, rite?
Old 03-13-2015

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Fair enough.

That's one of the things that I keep thinking about: If you lift the limits and don't make any stupid or silly mistakes, then eBay will literally never know that your account is stealth. And in reality, they probably don't even care that much, rite?
Pretty much. Just be good, don't slip (too many times), and they'll leave you alone.
The Following User Says Thank You to thready For This Useful Post:
Haidukken (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

metadata watch out. Clean your files and host your own images if using a third party application for EB
Old 03-15-2015

I strip all of my photos and then save to my desktop in that user account. Once there they are already cleaned and can be used whenever.

Each of my accounts only sells one item, but I have some items that have 60-100 accounts just selling that one item(lots of those are low limit accts right now).

I don't use a different photo per account, but I edit in some way. Flip, add text to photo, collage with another photo, etc. Make each photo different in some way from ANY other photo that you or a competitor is using.

Just good stealth sense. Don't let the little things slip, as that's what you will get busted on.
Old 03-15-2015

Oh, and some people are anti stock photos. I use them, but again, make sure you do something to distinguish it from the original as someone will use it on Ebay. I usually add text to those photos. Draws the eye from all the blank space in most stock photos.
Old 03-15-2015

Longevity: 72%

I have similar question will it benefit EDIT the data
and enter different details for every accounts to compare to just wipe it out completely.
So far as i understand all important is NOT to have same details as other account in order to be linked and having different date doesnt add any bonuses as no data at all. Am i wrong ?
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
metadata watch out. Clean your files and host your own images if using a third party application for EB
No offence but what the ****? I clearly wasn't asking a how to clean files or where to host.
If you don't have an opinion on the topic the post somewhere else to get your post count. If you have trouble reading for couple of lines, just pass by and don't post.
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
No offence but what the ****? I clearly wasn't asking a how to clean files or where to host.
If you don't have an opinion on the topic the post somewhere else to get your post count. If you have trouble reading for couple of lines, just pass by and don't post.

your selfish what about for someone else who is reading? My opinion strip the freggin data

GOODBYE

Last edited by SilentHill; 03-16-2015 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
your selfish what about for someone else who is reading? My opinion strip the freggin data
GOODBYE
I don't own the word selfish.
What about someone else? Yeah, what about them?
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

My man, you are spamming every thread with posts that don't really do ANYTHING, but keep it up- You'll get more posts and people will thank you. Afterall, that's what you are after, right?
In the future when it comes to threads that I start, please try to stay on topic and ADD the the conversation, if you have any useful info. No point just typing **** all day long, try to keep it all productive and informative.
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Batchpurifier is also good
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

**** INFORMATIVE INFORMATION**********

Don't waste your friggin time tryna BUY 10 cameras. Thats absurd. You think ebay cares that your pictures have metadata ? They suspend perfectly good 100% accounts all the TIME

Bye "MAN"
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
**** INFORMATIVE INFORMATION**********

1)Don't waste your friggin time tryna BUY 10 cameras.
2)Thats absurd. You think ebay cares that your pictures have metadata ? 3)They suspend perfectly good 100% accounts all the TIME

Bye "MAN"
Let's break it down:

1. I was thinking more in the region of 30-50 cameras. They are not THAT expensive and I'd rather invest into something that would make my accounts even "better" plus you can always sell them, once it's all said and done.

2.Why question something that has been proven already, eBay CLEARLY cares about metadata that photos have. Just this bit alone makes me think that you don't even bother reading what other people write, nevermind thinking about what you write yourself.

3.I'd like to see a person who has 100% perfect account and that has been suspended. There is almost always a reason- Some people just don't like to admit it.

Just move on and go somewhere where you are needed, please.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 03-16-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

30-50 cameras? you must have all the time in the world. GOODLUCK
Old 03-16-2015

Longevity: 58%

One camera is fine. I cannot say 100% if eBay cares about metadata because I don't have 10,000 accounts to run a study on. It's very easy for them to track and find identical images, just look how easy it is to search via image on Google.

I think at least you should delete the data and rename the files because it's kind of counter productive to remove information such as "Samsung" and then have the file name SAM_001 or something.

To go deeper you could edit random pixels and change the file types to distinguish the various images.

If you had the time and money you could do as you say and use 50 cameras, but unless you're buying them new, someone else could have used them for eBay pictures.

I'm almost certain that if you strip all the data from a picture, eBay cannot link you. They cannot tell where the photo has come from or from whom. It's digital and can easily be altered, unlike a physical photo or printed document. Those leave behind physical pieces of information that can be used to identify where it came from.

At the end of the day, read around the forums and do whatever you want to do. Everyone has their preferences. If everyone did exactly the same, it would be easier to catch people.
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShevaa7x View Post
One camera is fine. I cannot say 100% if eBay cares about metadata because I don't have 10,000 accounts to run a study on. It's very easy for them to track and find identical images, just look how easy it is to search via image on Google.

I think at least you should delete the data and rename the files because it's kind of counter productive to remove information such as "Samsung" and then have the file name SAM_001 or something.

To go deeper you could edit random pixels and change the file types to distinguish the various images.

If you had the time and money you could do as you say and use 50 cameras, but unless you're buying them new, someone else could have used them for eBay pictures.

I'm almost certain that if you strip all the data from a picture, eBay cannot link you. They cannot tell where the photo has come from or from whom. It's digital and can easily be altered, unlike a physical photo or printed document. Those leave behind physical pieces of information that can be used to identify where it came from.

At the end of the day, read around the forums and do whatever you want to do. Everyone has their preferences. If everyone did exactly the same, it would be easier to catch people.
Take a note SilentHill, that's a decent post.

But I agree with you with most aspects of metadata that you have mentioned. I'd buy the cameras brand new. Like I've said before- Because I run stealth from UK, the bank accounts that you can have are limited so it makes more sense to me to invest into each stealth account if I can make it stronger and last longer. I can't create burner accounts with VCC and VBA and just run it till it's over and then just move on. I like my accounts to be as healthy as possible, if that means I need to invest into a new camera, so be it- It would be a small price to pay.
I'll dwell over it and just keep it going with purifier at the moment, but I might tweak it in the future, depending on how I feel and what my options are.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
SilentHill (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

If its really really something you want to do then there are programs that let you edit the Exif data stored on a picture.

You can then input different camera models if you want

Personally I just remove all Exif data. Never had an issue
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
MM78 (03-16-2015), SilentHill (03-17-2015)