User account and ip - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-17-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default User account and ip

Hi, Was just wondering, i know that i can operate one stealth user account without a dongle, but if i have more then one user account and i log into each account after logging out of the other, do i still need a dongle for the other stealth accounts? or will i be assigned a new ip for each account i log into! Do i record the ip for each account and type that same ip address into the address bar for each account? I am using talktalk adsl broadband modem and my connection is a hard wired connection and not WIFI ( desktop not laptop or tablet). My isp has informed me that i use a dynamic ip and not static but when i reboot the system, my ip is the same.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: User account and ip

Need to find out how to change ip on the particular dongle your using, which dongle are you using? If you use dongle you need to note all your ip addresses on excel to make sure none get reused.
Old 02-18-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I am a little confused by you opening post.

You use seperate user accounts to keep cookies seperate. One user accoubt per ebay account.

Your dongle will produce a unique ip almost everytime you plug it in. You can use the same dongle on multiple ebay accounts. BUT, you must make sure the ip address you use on account A is never recycled and used on account B. That is why people record their ip address everytime they logon.
Old 02-18-2015

Longevity: 55%

The fact that everytime you reboot your system it does not change your IP address, despite what your internet service provide appears to have told you, probably means you need to use a dongle and that should solve your problem there. Just pull out the dongle each time you have logged out of an eb/pp account, and them plug it in again and record the IP address to ensure it is a fresh one that you have not logged into before, then login to your next eb/pp account, when you have finished working on that one logout, then remove the dongle again and plug it in again and record the IP address and check to make sure it is another fresh one, then login in to that eb/pp account, work on it, then logout, and carry on doing that with each eb/pp account that you want to work on. Worth plugging in the dongle then pulling it out few times first before you do any eb/pp logging in to be sure your IP addresses are changing each time without anyone risk to your accounts.
Old 02-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by defwax7 View Post
. My isp has informed me that i use a dynamic ip and not static but when i reboot the system, my ip is the same.
Always preferable to tell us what ISP you are using.

Your IP may be dynamic but what they call 'sticky' so slow to change. Not suitable for stealth.

Let us know more info & we can give better guidance.
RosieTosie (02-18-2015)
Old 02-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Ok, i understand how the dongle works now with the stealth accounts. Greenbean, my ISP is TalkTalk.co.uk.
Old 02-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Just a thought, I have a couple of huawei HG533 routers lying around and is currently the one i am using at the moment from TalkTalk. Is it possible to swap them over to log into another stealth account to obtain a new IP? ( one router for each user account) Read this is possible in the stealth guide. Has anyone tried it. I know i still need to write them down so not to use the same IP on another account. running through various options available out there.
Old 03-15-2015

Longevity: 52%

Hi I been going through the stealth ebook. it is brilliant but I got a sky hub wifi router. I seem to not be able to log on. What am I doing so wrong?
I get the sky hub page but cant sign in using default settings. or even the user/password on my router. Just goes unauthorised.....

Last edited by unbakedmonkey; 03-15-2015 at 12:11 PM. Reason: add more detail
Old 03-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by defwax7 View Post
Just a thought, I have a couple of huawei HG533 routers lying around and is currently the one i am using at the moment from TalkTalk. Is it possible to swap them over to log into another stealth account to obtain a new IP? ( one router for each user account) Read this is possible in the stealth guide. Has anyone tried it. I know i still need to write them down so not to use the same IP on another account. running through various options available out there.
My ISP is Virgin(#ballin) and they are amazing. BUT not that great when it comes to stealth, as the IP is dynamic, but changes probably once every 18 years.
The way to bypass this problem is quite easy: Get yourself an old router and switch your ISP Hub to modem mode, whilst the router is plugged into it, BOOM- New IP.
There is a guide for it as well, I'm slightly too lazy to look for it, but I'm sure somebody will dig it out.
Once you get the hang of it, it becomes easy.

In short:
Plug in router to your ISP box.
Switch it to modem mode.
Reboot the hub.
change mac address to get new IP
reboot hub
???
profit

Old 03-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%