Changing IP Address on Virgin Media using the Super Hub - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 01-06-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Changing IP Address on Virgin Media using the Super Hub

I only use sky can change your IP to a new one in under 10 seconds from your admin panel and never get a duplicate.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-06-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Its not possible to guarantee that you will never get a duplicate.

IPs will always get thrown back into the same IP pool to be drawn from again.
Old 01-18-2015

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Its not possible to guarantee that you will never get a duplicate.

IPs will always get thrown back into the same IP pool to be drawn from again.
Hi James,

I am about to order the same router as you (netgear) in order for me to change IP addresses.

When I attach the netgear router to the superhub, does that allow me to change mac addresses on the netgear configuration as opposed to the superhub configuration (192.168.0.1) ?

For example, I previously had a d-link router which enabled me to easily change mac addresses using their configuration. Will this new router allow me to do the same?

Cheers in advance
Old 01-18-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

192.168.0.1 is just the device location.

Setting the VM to router mode will allow you to change the MAC address easily
Old 01-18-2015

Quote:
192.168.0.1 is just the device location.

Setting the VM to router mode will allow you to change the MAC address easily
Sorry, yes I understand it is the device location (I didn't know the name for it).

But i'm just wondering where I will be changing the Mac address? Through Virgin Media or netgear? I can't see an option to change MAC address on the super hub device location page.

I'm guessing by using attaching a router (netgear) allows you to change it on their netgear device location page?

Sorry to sound stupid, thanks!
Old 01-18-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I have not used VM for about a year now, and off the top of my head I cannot remember.

I think it was in Netgear though. Should be easy enough to work out when your up and running though
Old 01-20-2015

Quote:
I have not used VM for about a year now, and off the top of my head I cannot remember.

I think it was in Netgear though. Should be easy enough to work out when your up and running though
Thanks, James!
Old 01-30-2015

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKasper View Post
Hi James,

I am about to order the same router as you (netgear) in order for me to change IP addresses.

When I attach the netgear router to the superhub, does that allow me to change mac addresses on the netgear configuration as opposed to the superhub configuration (192.168.0.1) ?

For example, I previously had a d-link router which enabled me to easily change mac addresses using their configuration. Will this new router allow me to do the same?

Cheers in advance

I followed James's instructions and i gotta say it was so easy to change the mac/ip address in this netgear (wgr614) router; Basic Settings > Router mac adddress > Use This MAC Address; change last 2 digit's, restart VM superhub for 30 secs and boom! new ip!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacomputers1 For This Useful Post:
Eagle10 (05-14-2018), JamesNorth101 (02-07-2015)
Old 10-10-2017

Longevity: 37%

Hi there, sorry to Necro this thread.

I hope this information is useful for following Virgin users in 2017, as I know I had to research this extensively before finding the answer.

It is still possible to change your public IP if you are a Virgin Media customer, with this same method.

I bought a NETGEAR R6120-100UKS Router, connected it to the Superhub 2, and then switched both off. Turned them on and had a new IP address.

If you want to change IP with this router just go into routernetlogin (the router's settings) go to Advanced, Setup, Internet Setup. Scroll to the bottom. Here just select "Use this Mac Address", change the last number (like 02, 03 or whatever) and reboot the Superhub.

You will now have a new IP address. Hope it helps someone.

Old 10-21-2017

So can you then unplug the other router and go back to the superhub on its own and it will retain the new address or will it revert back to the original one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Necro_Man View Post
Hi there, sorry to Necro this thread.

I hope this information is useful for following Virgin users in 2017, as I know I had to research this extensively before finding the answer.

It is still possible to change your public IP if you are a Virgin Media customer, with this same method.

I bought a NETGEAR R6120-100UKS Router, connected it to the Superhub 2, and then switched both off. Turned them on and had a new IP address.

If you want to change IP with this router just go into routernetlogin (the router's settings) go to Advanced, Setup, Internet Setup. Scroll to the bottom. Here just select "Use this Mac Address", change the last number (like 02, 03 or whatever) and reboot the Superhub.

You will now have a new IP address. Hope it helps someone.

Old 11-07-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt84 View Post
So can you then unplug the other router and go back to the superhub on its own and it will retain the new address or will it revert back to the original one?
I haven't connected back to the superhub in Router mode simply because I have had no need to.

I don't know if connecting to the Superhub as it was has changed my public IP. I will have to try that.

However, I don't see any point in doing this, apart from maybe faster speeds that my current router cannot attain?

I will try it out anyway and let you know.
Old 02-04-2018

Quote:
For anyone is having the problem that I had for a few days with regards to Virgin Media using sticky IP's and making it very hard to change IP address there is an easy solution.

If you change your Super Hub to Modem mode, attach a separate wireless router to the Super Hub (I have used the netgear wgr614), you can then change the MAC address of the newly attached router to easily change IP address following the method set out in the stealth guide.

After you change the MAC address of the Router, turn off the Super Hub for 20 seconds, which it back on, and presto you have a nice new Fresh IP address.

I couldn't find this solution on the forum anywhere myself so apologies if I am just repeating old information.

Hope this helps other Virgin customers

hi I bought a netgear wgr614 but no cd included but read that it is not needed, tried to use it but end upwith no internet and have to reset my hub just to get back to were I was. any idea what I could be doing wrong? i have lead in last port of hub, above mail lead, have modem on etc... thanks
Old 02-04-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Definitely putting it into the correct mode first on the Virgin Hub?
Old 02-13-2019

Longevity: 31%
Send a message via Skype™ to winge00

Hi,
So I understood that I need to attach an other router with virgin media hub 3, if I do that then does that mean VM hub will pretty become useless in a sense that all internet activity will be done through new router (new router for wifi and ethernet connections).

if so then what is the point of changing the broadband provider, I use to be with vodafone before and due to speed issues changed to VM, speed is resolved but now this new issue. If I attach new router then speed issue will still be there.

Please advise further what is the best solution.
Old 02-13-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Virgin would still be your ISP

The virgin router still acts as a router from memory it just pulls the MAC from the new router and when that’s changed the IP should change. It’s been a very long time since I did this though
Old 02-14-2019

Longevity: 31%
Send a message via Skype™ to winge00

I understand VM still be my isp but which equipment (VM hub or new router) will I be using to get the wifi signals in the whole property for the other people to use internet.

I am asking this because vm hub wifi is everywhere while when i attach new router to hub, i do not know what would be the situations of wifi signals in other areas of house.