My Success Story (So Far...) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-20-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default My Success Story (So Far...)

My account was suspended back in October. 15,000/$150,000 limits so it was a big deal for me. Just recently I finally was able to get working eBay and PayPal accounts and I just wanted to say thank you to aspkin and the people here that helped me and others get back on eBay. I also wanted to briefly share my experience in hopes that maybe I can give a little back and hopefully help someone else. Now, they are small. Amazon is my main source of income now, but eBay is growing. I have 12 eBay accounts and 6 PayPal accounts. 2 eBay for 1 PayPal as stealth advises. One eBay just got bumped to 20/$1500 which is cool. All the others are still at 5/$500 - but seeing as there's 11 of them. It's fine. I would love to have my old account back, but there definitely is a sort of blessing in disguise that came with it. I never sold on Amazon before, but after the suspension I put everything on Amazon and did even better than eBay. So something very good came out of something very horrible - now I'm on eBay AND Amazon!

Knowing what I know now, if I could talk to myself back in October, I would say give yourself ONE day (I took a week...) to mope and pout, because if you were like me and that was your only source of income, it is a crushing, life changing blow to be suspended. List on Amazon if you can right away and then buy the Stealth Book and start making the new account. To me, the book is kind of long and overwhelming, especially when your income is cut off like that and you are trying to get back on ASAP. I think it could be shortened to basically:

Make a gmail account
Buy a tracfone and minutes
Buy a VCC
Root your phone to tether from (log and don't duplicate IPs)
Create a new PC user account
Go to the bank and get a new checking account
Get a PO Box
Make an excel file and keep track of everything in it
Go make the accounts!!!

That's really it. That's all you need. Easy enough that you will wonder why they even bother suspending people. I would have started a lot quicker if I knew that. I was kind of freaking out thinking I had to memorize 30+ pages perfectly to get an eBay account. There is more advanced stuff like DBA, EINs, etc. but no sense worrying about that until you have an account.

I was worried about the account creation costs and I've seen others worried too especially with no eBay money coming in. What I have learned is, gmail is free, a tracfone can be found for $5-$10, minutes for $20, VCC as low as $15, rooting is free (as long as you don't brick your phone - which I almost did), PC user is free, checking account is free, excel is free, PO box is like $20 for 3 months. If you make an account and fail, you can change the phone number in 5 minutes for free as much as you want, use the VCC for food/gas/etc. and buy another one. So like $70. If you don't have that, you have bigger problems than no eBay account.

For me, it is kind of annoying. I don't have LTE at my house. Sprint.... so I have to go to a library or get in my car and drive down the street a little to have 4G. My old laptop was on it's last legs, so it had to get replaced. So there was more expense and trouble to deal with until I move to a place where Sprint has LTE. But it is worth it to be back on eBay. You just have to be creative if you run into obstacles.

Also, PayPal says no PO Box when you register, but you definitley can use one. Also, many people might not know this, but you get TWO address with the same PO Box. You get the standard PO box address as well as the physical address of the post office + your box number. Pretty sweet to get 2 PayPal and 4 eBay accounts from 1 PO box

I think that's about it. I'm steadily selling on 4 of the accounts and letting the other 8 age a little bit before I do anything with them. Again, thanks everyone for helpful hints, advice, corrections, etc. Hopefully this post helps someone else out as well!

Last edited by usastrat; 05-20-2015 at 08:37 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-22-2015
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Re: My Success Story (So Far...)

hopefully it keeps working.