How are regular envelopes tracked through customs? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-28-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default How are regular envelopes tracked through customs?

I wasn't sure which part of forum this belongs to. So you could move it if wanted.
I wonder how are regular small envelopes tracked through customs. Do they have any sort of concern to customs, since people could write regular letters. Do they scan what's inside? If it's let's say a credit card inside? Is it same procedure as with packages (opening in case of suspiciouty) . Do they track or count regular envelopes and do they see what's inside? Also do they flag it if one address gets too many of them?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: How are regular envelopes tracked through customs?

I think they are certainly capable of tracking anything. Every piece of mail in the US is photographed. Just the outside of the envelopes, not the inside contents.

I don't think that customers is looking too closely at envelopes unless they believe that perhaps they contain drugs, or other harmful substances. I very much doubt that anyone at ICE is interested in reading your love letters.

I DO now that is you have a customs seizure, your address goes into their database and they are then MUCH MORE LIKELY to inspect other packages you may have coming. And their technology is getting better all the time.

But unless your envelope contains something illegal and is suspicious looking, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
olekstom87 (08-30-2015)
Old 08-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your responce! I really appreciate it.
If they don't like the content. Let's say in their x-ray they see few envelopes, containing bank papers and credit card, and they get suspicious about it, what is the possibility they send people to address where its going to.
In other words, do they really have to open it to see what's inside to get any actions(which tou can see by tracking numbers of dhl or fedex) or they can send people to addresse place to check.
I really doubt they do this. Buy I wouldnt't like to get people asking questions at the time of receiving the envelope just to be sure.
The thing is I could open bank accounts in europe (where Im originally from and have friends and family).
Old 08-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Please do not comment saying "that's money laundering" or "you need to find another forums for that". I'm asking just about your experience and knowledges about particular question, regarding the work of customs as to packages and large envelopes. If you know something would appreciate it. Please no flame with going deep into the content of package (it's plastic cards associated with bank accounts, not drugs or something bad). Thank you!
Old 08-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by olekstom87 View Post
Please do not comment saying "that's money laundering" or "you need to find another forums for that". I'm asking just about your experience and knowledges about particular question, regarding the work of customs as to packages and large envelopes. If you know something would appreciate it. Please no flame with going deep into the content of package (it's plastic cards associated with bank accounts, not drugs or something bad). Thank you!
Who said anything about money-laundering?

The fact that you're acting so defensive despite NO ONE accusing you of anything criminal is pretty suspicious though...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (08-30-2015), unkown5454 (08-30-2015)
Old 08-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

I am reporting this thread to ICE, I have your forum user name and your IP, yes I have the IP. Men in black will be coming to your house tomorrow or sometime soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (08-30-2015)
Old 08-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 76%

OP, you really think that envelopes will help you slide under whatever radar you are trying to hide from? Customs can literally do whatever the f*ck they want with your package. You're not the first person to try and hide their money through the mail either.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
olekstom87 (08-30-2015)
Old 08-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Yeah sounds like that. I've been through a lot of threads recentlly and saw a lot of things like that, when people don't wanna help and just try to say such things. You could tell me "blah blah blah why you're not using bank blah blah blah you're doing some shady things blah blah blah better find another place"

P.S.: by the way all executives at this forum forum behave like mafia who used to play without any rules at ebay 5 years ago (it's true!) and now after gaining some capital and becoming more/less "legal" instead of sharing their knowledge in different aspects and questions they just hide it and exclaiming how bad this or that guy is asking such "bad" questions

But some people are very INFORMATIVE and HONEST in different questions. Such guys as jeffweico, Dmshark25, Slapped, cardfelon, corleone and few others who really ANSWER particular asked threads instead of teaching others "Holy Bible" and what to do or not to do in general.

Sorry for off-topic
Old 08-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

But some people are very INFORMATIVE and HONEST in different questions. Such guys as jeffweico, Dmshark25, Slapped, cardfelon, corleone and few others who really ANSWER particular asked threads instead of teaching others "Holy Bible" and what to do or not to do in general.

Sorry for off-topic
OP, no one is judging you here....but you come on acting like a fool and being VERY shady, even under an anonymous forum, of course people are going to assume/recognize that you're doing some shady/illegal stuff.

Aside from that, discussing these topics is against forum policy. Please read here:

eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - FAQ
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (08-30-2015)
Old 08-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

ANYTHING that goes through mail - whether registered letters, regular envelopes, packages, etc. - can be inspected based on sort processes and flagging. Regular envelopes do get opened at times.
Old 08-30-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%

OP hook us up

and stop acting like a narc
The Following User Says Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (08-30-2015)
Old 08-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Yeah sounds like that. I've been through a lot of threads recentlly and saw a lot of things like that, when people don't wanna help and just try to say such things. You could tell me "blah blah blah why you're not using bank blah blah blah you're doing some shady things blah blah blah better find another place"

P.S.: by the way all executives at this forum forum behave like mafia who used to play without any rules at ebay 5 years ago (it's true!) and now after gaining some capital and becoming more/less "legal" instead of sharing their knowledge in different aspects and questions they just hide it and exclaiming how bad this or that guy is asking such "bad" questions

Sorry for off-topic
Your question was very simple to answer and has been answered for you thoroughly already. Do not be mad because you did not like what we had to tell you. You are more than welcome to do whatever you want with yourself and your business. You can ship and receive whatever your heart desires. But, if you run into troubles and come back to this forum crying about how unlucky you are, be prepared for no one here to hold your hand and tell you it's all going to be ok.

On the other hand, you are also welcome to visit bla.ckhat and dark web forums who will tell you how awesome you are and that you can move whatever you want in and out of customs with no problems at all. Flowers and rainbows.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (08-30-2015)
Old 08-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post

On the other hand, you are also welcome to visit bla.ckhat and dark web forums who will tell you how awesome you are and that you can move whatever you want in and out of customs with no problems at all. Flowers and rainbows.

He's right though....forums for this exact subject matter exist with individuals MUCH more qualified to answer questions about illegal id theft and such than us. We are but humble stealthers trying to make an honest (well, mostly ) living on eBay/Amazon.
Old 08-30-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post

We are but humble stealthers trying to make an honest (well, mostly ) living on eBay/Amazon.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL