INR for item stuck at customs - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-12-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default INR for item stuck at customs

on the 29th of september i sold and item over ebay and shipped it to the buyer which is from uruguay, few days ago the buyer onpened an INR against me asking for a refund.
after tracking the pacakge on uruguay post (everything in spanish) and using google translate
the last update from the 29 of october says

original message:
ENVIO RETENIDO POR ADUANA. DEBE DECLARAR SU ENVIO EN LA WEB DE CORREO URUGUAYO PARA QUE CONTINUE SU CURSO. EN CASO DE SER RETENIDO POSTERIORMENTE A LA DECLARACION, RECIBIRA NOTIFICACION INDICANDO MOTIVO E INSTRUCCIONES DEL PROCEDIMIENTO A SEGUIR. EL ENVIO DE LA NOTIFICACION ESTA SUJETO A LA CAPACIDAD DE INGRESO AL DEPOSITO

google translate:
SHIPPING HELD BY CUSTOMS. SHIPPING TO DECLARE YOUR WEB MAIL URUGUAYO to continue its course. It SHOULD BE HELD AFTER THE DECLARATION receive notice stating REASON AND INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO FOLLOW. SENDING THE NOTICE IS SUBJECT TO THE ABILITY OF ENTERING THE TANK

i understand it is held by customs because of a problem/missing declartion, the buyer opened the INR a week a after this message (Even though it shows as early as on the 26th)

i tried talking with the buyer via ebay case but he havent replied, i have even offered to pay for the custom and tax.

i dont know what to do, he probably wont reply and is jsut waiting to involve ebay CS if i dont refund him until then, i am sure he just dosent want to deal with customs and just want to avoid paying the custom fees.

should i refund him before he has the option to invole ebay CS? or should i let them decide?
the defect is already there, so what is the worst that could happen?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: INR for item stuck at customs

Refund him
then Have customs return the parcel to you if its worth the cost.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-12-2015)
Old 11-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Agreed.

BUT, and this is an important but....

What steps do you want to take for the future to stop INR cases?

Ask yourself if you should consider not shipping internationally.

What delivery time did you say for this sale? If it does not appear long enough, then consider removing that country from your preferences.

Old 11-13-2015
Threadstarter  

i am only been selling for 4 months, but after running into several INR i did took a step to stop them from hapenning as i want my buissness to continue growing, i have been regulary taking the time every 2 weeks to check every order tracking number to see what happened with the package, if the tracking dosent show as "delivered" i usually exclude the country from my listing, that way i find the "problematic" countrys and help myself avoid future INR and as i get orders from countrys i never shipped to and dont have experience with i continue to risk INR.
i average at 2 INR a month for the past 4 months, my defect rate is on the edge, 4.95%, and i have already been "below average" for one month. i am hoping as i ship to more country and exclude the INR will keep decreasing i am sure it would be higher if i hadnt been doing what i am doing.

i am very strict on my excluding even if the buyer did receive the package but i see the post office dosent update to delivered, i will exclude it to avoid future problems, i know this will cost me at sales, but in the long run it will save me buissness

ofcurse for INR i also exclude unless it is a one time thing for a place i do get 99% orders delivered.

on my sale i say 2-6 weeks delivery, some orders ship out of china so it average on 4 weeks.

i already excluded uruguay

actually i did get another INR a week before that, but it is just the buyer being impatient, in cases like that i just block future bidding from the buyer, if i follow up on tracking and it dosent update, i will exclude the country.

i did a bit of searching yesterday and found an article from september about uruguay customs having 60,000 packeges that are held because of no custom declaration

this is tanslated from spanish by google

Wed 16 Sep 2015 14:22
Courier retained 60,000 web shop packages that did not return from their recipients.

In the absence of the declaration the goods can not be released and remains in the mail distribution center.

As reported by midday Customs and Mail news conference, packages 30 days remain held until the statement is realized. Failure to make goods will be declared abandoned or returned to the country of origin.

There are 40,000 packages to be open.

Web purchases are delivered by mail must be declared. The procedure must be done here and paying taxes when applicable may be made online or in local Uruguayan Mail.

Then, postal institution transmitted to the National Customs Directorate sent the information in order to release the purchase is authorized.

if i had known, i would exclude it in an instant. this has a huge INR potential written all over it.

Last edited by sosko; 11-13-2015 at 04:16 AM.
Old 11-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

sosko,

I am really pleased to read you are trying hard to use your account well.

Make sure you ask the forum questions too. We can help with answers.

South America often has problems with delivery.

There are many other countries with problems too.

Do you drop ship?

Old 11-13-2015
Threadstarter  

great, a new day a new a-hole
customer opened a Return request for an item clearly described as third party/unofficial item

added comment:
"⊗⊗⊗⊗ item, contrefite product. Unlicensed as well. Would like full refund.

why the hell would one buy an item clearly state unofficial, third party and then ask to return it because it is what it is, thats just stupid, he clearly knew what he was getting so why bother with buying and returnning.

a new lesson i learned today, always read buyer feedback left for other before shipping an item
he left negative feedback for another seller saying
"⊗⊗⊗⊗f ake ⊗⊗⊗⊗!!!!!! then tells you to return it. ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address too"

so i will probably get my first negative feedback out of 250 sales, now i will take my time before shipping to see exactly who am i dealing with, if it is a kind of person who leaves negative feedback for fun, i will talk him out of buying the item.

i already accepted the return, question is if i should give back refund before or after the item arrived, might help me avoid the negative

Last edited by sosko; 11-13-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Because they know they can get the item and the money no questions asked of paypal or ebay.

You always risk your account(s) stating if they are aftermarket or not. ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
Old 11-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Just a cost of doing business. Selling those items will attract people like this more that other items.
Also, some categories have a much higher rate of this.

International is impossible to prove delivery. You have to determine if the rate or lost, undelivered or simply scammed packages meets your requirements to remain profitable and viable.

South America can be very tricky, especially with cheaper items or clothing/electronics of any-kind. Middle-east, any Russian occupied country, Russia federation, Indonesia and most of Africa can be very tricky to sell to. Add in Italy for very slow delivery along with most of eastern Europe for poor postal and customs offices.
Old 11-14-2015
Threadstarter  

selling only to europe and the states and excluding the rest might be a right move, south america and africa are a very small portion of my sales, although i have sold to africa before and havent had problems. i can remain profitable without those regions.
Old 11-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Adjust your market now.

Get the account going and avoid difficulties.