Paypal Checking Tracking Origin - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-27-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default Paypal Checking Tracking Origin

Obviously they can do this manually when they review your account, is there any online service you can use to buy postage from another zip code or something so at least the origin purchase says another state? Or will this only cause more problems because USPS will reject the package if the postage is incorrect?

For example if you live New York, and you have a VPS in California. And you buy postage from California to Nevada, it will obviously be less expensive, so if you were to put this in the mail, would that be an issue?

My third question is is there any information built into the USPS tracking number that would allow them to automatically detect it's being sent from the wrong state? The numbers towards the end are clearly simple numbering of the package, but is there anything in the first half that says the origin state / post office? I haven't ran around to enough other post offices / mailed stuff from out of state post offices to tell.

Last edited by silversr; 01-27-2016 at 11:09 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2016

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: Paypal Checking Tracking Origin

It's not necessary because USPS is unreliable at best. I'd be extremely surprised if they even check into things on this level. There are too many factors or excuses that can be used, or too many variables that can come into play.

The only time this can come into play is if you start doing silly things like buying Express Guaranteed mail from CA to NV, and then shipping from NY and trying to game the system by putting in a refund with USPS for your postage back.

TLDR: You're being paranoid. Relax.

Old 01-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Using your example to explain...

If you live in New York, then you need to ship from New York. Using any other source locations will get your parcels rejected, and even banned if it happens too often.

If the source/return address is a big deal for you, consider opening a PO box and use that as the return address.
Old 01-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
Using your example to explain...

If you live in New York, then you need to ship from New York. Using any other source locations will get your parcels rejected, and even banned if it happens too often.

If the source/return address is a big deal for you, consider opening a PO box and use that as the return address.
If you use eb printing there is a little box that says "shipping from different zip" then charges will change according to that zip, however address on label remains the same.

I don't even bother. If I get called out on it then I just say I am on vacation and shipped on the road. And that was only a customer...
Old 01-29-2016

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
I have never, ever had this happen.
dealagreeproceed (01-30-2016)
Old 01-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgoozle View Post
I have never, ever had this happen.
It might not be a big deal if you're shipping from somewhere nearby the actual dropoff location where the shipping rate is same or around the same, but it's a whole other story if there's a huge difference in the shipping fees.