eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   PayPal Called Supplier (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/9391-paypal-called-supplier.html)

divine422 02-03-2009 12:48 PM

PayPal Called Supplier

So is this a new thing now? Paypal called my supplier...not sure if its because what im selling is high valued or if its random. So just letting you know make sure your supplier contact info isnt totally bogus.

___

Can paypal actually do that? Call a supplier and request they give information about a client. But anyways. When they called they didnt get though because i put the wrong number. So i messed up, usually a put a 1800 that routes back to me, it has a voice mail greeting everything matches up but because i used the same format of an invoice i used before (not with paypal) i forgot to change the 1800 to the new one. Stupid me! I made up some story about how the supplier may have changed their telephone # and i will call them back with the contact info. The extension# will route to my partner however. Now im curious as what questions they will ask the 'supplier' if they do in fact call back. Ill keep you guys posted.

cortex 02-03-2009 05:58 PM

Do keep us informed! I just sent off a supplier info form...

GreenBean 02-03-2009 06:06 PM

Yep, there have been reports of paypal now calling suppliers. No hard and fact rule yet
but the category of the item appears to count. Be aware and be prepared.

cortex 02-03-2009 06:27 PM

I supplied phone numbers....from a country where they only speak arabic :)

divine422 02-05-2009 01:36 PM

So they did end up calling my supplier, im going to post it in the Members Discussion area.

Riolas 02-06-2009 02:08 AM

I guess they will only call if the invoice looks perhaps partially generic.

Do they really have the time for this unless it is high end/branded items?

cortex 02-08-2009 07:43 AM

WOO HOO!!! I GOT MY PAYPAL AND MY EBAY ACCOUNT BACK !!

heres what the email said:

MC042 RNO NOTICE: eBay Registration Reinstatement -
Thank you for submitting the requested information. We have reinstated your account. Please note that although your account is now active, any listings or bids canceled by your account suspension won't be reinstated.

If you have additional questions about this or any other eBay account you own, please click "Help" at the top of most eBay pages. You'll find answers to your questions and a link on the right side of the page to contact us.

We hope that your future experiences on eBay are pleasant and successful.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Support

H20076

----

from paypal:

Our review is complete and we have restored access to your PayPal and eBay
accounts.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your help in making PayPal
and eBay the safest and most trusted online marketplace.

Sincerely,
Jason
PayPal Account Review Department
PayPal an eBay Company

AWESOME!!!

GreenBean 02-08-2009 07:46 AM

YES! Great news. I am thrilled to hear this,Cortex. Well Done:D

cortex 02-08-2009 07:51 AM

Cheers GreenBean! thought I'd share it here first! Thanks for all your help along the way. Although im sure i'll be pestering you again soon :-D MWAH !!

I now have this : Status: Verified (0)
it used to say "NEW" instead of the "(0)"..need to work out what this is and how its going to benefit me..hmm..

GreenBean 02-08-2009 07:54 AM

Would not have it any other way.:D
'Verified' means that paypal has accepted your info and says you are OK;) (0) <--> FB from buyers saying what a pleasure it was to deal with you and use paypal, the more that do this the higher the numbers LOL

cortex 02-08-2009 01:01 PM

silly me :-P :-)

JamesYaBaoy 02-08-2009 11:14 PM

Ok..what If you give them an overseas number..from Hk

divine422 02-09-2009 12:56 AM

Well it depends. Are you selling items that you may not want them to know you got from HK? Then i wouldnt suggest giving them a HK number because they might not remove the limitation because of suspicions about the authenticity. Just give them a functioning number.

cortex 02-09-2009 08:23 AM

...like a number in Khazakstan for example :)

just make sure they dont speak a word of english!

easy2pay 02-11-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cortex (Post 74636)
Do keep us informed! I just sent off a supplier info form...

Could you show me the sample of the supplier info form ? What is the informations inside the form ? Thanks......

divine422 02-16-2009 01:05 PM

Just another update. I made another ebay and paypal account because i wanted too see if they would actually call me again. Both accounts are new and the amount totaled low 4 figures. Of course i got the limitation, supplied tracking and invoices. Just called limitation was removed and they didnt call my supplier. However i found a wholesale company online that you have to pay a yearly membership fee to join and they dont have a phone service and you must contact them through email and you cannot see the actual contents of the site unless you pay a membership fee only a preview. So i made up the invoice and used that companys info with my number so now i even had a website lol. Psh all that work and they didnt even call.

By the way, while i was talking to the guy on the phone he said no prob we will remove the limitation. Then i hung up 2 seconds later got the email that my appeal was denied permanently! I called back immediately and they transferred me again apparently the idiot clicked the wrong button! Luckily he made a note on the account that it should be restored and the lady did it while i was on the phone...phew.

cortex 02-16-2009 03:13 PM

You gonna tell us the website URL?..

coolandcalm 02-18-2009 01:52 AM

Food for thought....paypal employees work in the USA whos economy is in trouble, rumor has it that paypal employees who are laid off know how much money you are making per your paypal records and take your supplier info and use it for their own ebay selling accounts and those of their family members and friends, be careful of helping former ebay/paypal employees in duplicating your success.

cortex 02-18-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolandcalm (Post 76173)
Food for thought....paypal employees work in the USA whos economy is in trouble, rumor has it that paypal employees who are laid off know how much money you are making per your paypal records and take your supplier info and use it for their own ebay selling accounts and those of their family members and friends, be careful of helping former ebay/paypal employees in duplicating your success.

totally agree..i thought of this also

divine422 02-18-2009 04:56 PM

Its likely, but what could you do. Asking for supplier info is a normal thing and if they request it you have to supply it. Most ppl i know dont actually use their real suppliers? Anyone? ...................................... Probably not. Plus if a paypal rep were to ever call "my supplier" off duty or for their personal benefit, they are in a for treat. Bring it on.

Jonas 02-18-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolandcalm (Post 76173)

That's been known since about 2003.

Basically most sellers would never give out their supplier info except under extortion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by divine422 (Post 76231)
Plus if a paypal rep were to ever call "my supplier" off duty or for their personal benefit, they are in a for treat.

I'm curious, could you please elaborate?

Stealth Man 02-21-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divine422 (Post 76231)
Its likely, but what could you do. Asking for supplier info is a normal thing and if they request it you have to supply it. Most ppl i know dont actually use their real suppliers? Anyone? ...................................... Probably not. Plus if a paypal rep were to ever call "my supplier" off duty or for their personal benefit, they are in a for treat. Bring it on.

I give them my supplier LOL..... Its another ebay seller! I buy a lot of 10-100 of almost anything cheap. List them all(with my zero feedback) at once so I get flagged, and walla, 1 part of the process complete. Then slip in the "real good stuff"

Knowing how the bots work is the key to everything...........