eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Can i use my old Paypal to receive payment after suspension? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/9516-can-i-use-my-old-paypal-receive-payment-after-suspension.html)

keltplayer 02-11-2009 06:37 AM

Can i use my old Paypal to receive payment after suspension?

The PP acct has been used with my old suspended EBay. Can i use it again for my new acct?

GreenBean 02-11-2009 06:43 AM

NO. A paypal account LINKED to a suspended ebay account may never be used on ebay again

sick-bay 02-15-2009 07:35 PM

The PP act linked to a bad eBay acct is TAINTED, forever.
I would suspect it safer to CLOSE the tainted account, then open a new one (even if you have to open it with the same info).

First close, then open.
So 2 accounts with same info are not found open at the same time.

sick-bay 02-15-2009 07:55 PM

New PP account, misspell your name by 1 letter.

You can reasonably change one letter in your last name, in a new PP acctunt, to prevent a match.

In the US there is an abundance of foreign names, and misspelled foreign names often end up in documentation. The US is therefore tolerant of name mis-spellings.
If your first acct was in the name PARMINDER, your second one could be PRAMINDER.
Don't put the misspelling at the END of the name, the 2 names may still sort next to one another in an alphabetical sort.
Put it close to the beginning. Second letter is good.

First letter changes might be very difficult to propagate to other documents, so don't try it.
You can call your credit card CO, and tell them they misspelled your name, and you need to correct the second letter. All issuers have done it for me with no questions.

This new name will then verify during a credit card check.
The bank info will verify anyways, since they dont match names.

Even with a name like SMITH you could tell the credit card, "Hey, it's actually SUMITH, I'm from Bangladesh." The data entry guys must have missed the "U".

Change your address on the credit card to a new (of fictitious address) for just long enough to get the card verified with Paypal.
Make sure you also choose "paperless statements" on that credit card, to prevent statetments from going to a fictitious address.

2 months later change the address back (not the name)

Don't make address changes in Paypal midcourse.
I think any address change in the first year after opening can add some pints to your risk number. More than one address change in a relatively short time is a big red flag.

More than one "active address on file" also adds sme risk points. You should not be in 2 places, regardless of what explanation you have for it. Chances are you'll never have the opportunity to produce the explanation.

sick-bay 02-15-2009 08:03 PM

By the way...

When you change a letter in your name on a credit card...
You will be told that a new card with the correction, will be made and sent to you.
Either
A. wait for this new card to arrive before changing the card billing address to a fictitious address.

B. Ask them NOT to send a corrected card, if you've already changed the billing address.

This should be common sense.

put a sticker on the card with your "corrcted" name written on it, so you don't forget what name is on that card.

yaw1800 02-16-2009 01:14 AM

why exactly do you do all of this again??

on my discover card i create VCC's and have used totally different names to verify Paypal and they worked without any calling or changing of my actual credit card...

there really is no reason to change the name on the card, maybe the billing address if the zip code doesnt match.. but thats pretty much it

sick-bay 02-21-2009 08:50 PM

It has been said that accounts created with improvised ID data do not have scaleability.

So you have 2 types of accounts: fictitious data ( non-scaleable) and Real data ( scaleable) I am testing how much can you bend the Real data and still keep it real ( to make scaleable accounts )

So someitmes you may want to have accounts which will verify during a credit check or survive a PP inquisition.
BUT you don't want to use your exact name, because you already have some history of nonsense attached to your REAL name with PP or EB and you want to PREVENT an EXACT MATCH

A modified name used on a REAL credit card (from a bank) will eventually end up in your credit report , and so will a modified address.

My credit report containd 3 spelling versions of my name, at the and of the report , under the section "ALIASES". and all the addresses I have ever used are there also.

This is good, because this info will then VERIFY during a credit check

does it make sense?

GreenBean 02-21-2009 09:08 PM

Sick, you have gone off topic. The OP is from overseas and may have trouble creating
paypal accounts. So the current advice from the forum is not to use an old paypal account
with a new ebay account.
It is a very good reason: not everyone will have skills like yours to do the variations.

sick-bay 02-21-2009 09:17 PM

Thanks for the idea with the virtual account numbers,
I'll try it with Discover.

Cheers

anotherguy 03-01-2009 02:29 PM

I am not contradicting any advice given in this thread but...

I am still using my original year 2000 Paypal account (linked to suspended eBay accounts) with current day stealth eBay accounts - no suspensions whatsoever. I may be just lucky or somehow flying under the radar. Dont know. The eBay accounts are not linked to the Paypal, simply receiving payments. Who knows how I have avoided suspension.

sick-bay 03-06-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherguy (Post 77490)
I am not contradicting any advice given in this thread but...

I am still using my original year 2000 Paypal account (linked to suspended eBay accounts) with current day stealth eBay accounts - no suspensions whatsoever. I may be just lucky or somehow flying under the radar. Dont know. The eBay accounts are not linked to the Paypal, simply receiving payments. Who knows how I have avoided suspension.

Anotherguy: This is really good stuff, I'd like to learn from you

When you say "not linked" it means you enter a paypal email in your eBay listing, and that's all. (you're not using a cart manager or alternative checkout to insulate EB and PP) is this right?

And your eBay seller fees are paid from that Paypal account or not?

Cheers