eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   We dont recognize this device *SOLUTION* (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/96108-we-dont-recognize-device-solution.html)

fox20c 05-05-2016 09:25 PM

We dont recognize this device *SOLUTION*

Recently the message "we dont recognize this device" from PayPal has been seen more and more. To resolve this issue you supposedly need to have a text message sent to your phone but then you will get an error saying that PP can not send the code. Its all BS and here is how you work around it. I have done this with 100% success. After using this method my account never gets that message again. The workaround is simple and it is to download and make the transfer using the PP mobile app. Most of us can not use our phones to do so (and I would never recommend this since the app collects a ton of info off of your phone). So here are the steps to get around that.

Download an android (or apple) phone emulator
(here is some info on what exactly an emulator is and does How to Run Android on Your PC: The Best Android Emulators)

I prefer Bluestack myself (Bluestacks - The World's Largest Mobile Gaming Platform on PC) there are a ton of emulators out there so choose one you like and install it on your computer

This software will act like a mobile phone. You will be able to access the app store or Google play and then download the PP app.

Once the PP app is downloaded launch it, login and make a transfer or withdrawal as you normally would. It is that easy.

If I need to do this for more than one account I will make a separate Windows user login and download a different emulator and go through the same process again.

I also use a VPN service when I launch the PP app just in case, so my IP is clean and I dont have to worry about that.

If you have any questions or I wasnt clear on something let me know.

Hope this helps some of you!

glacier922 05-05-2016 09:31 PM

Re: We dont recognize this device *SOLUTION*

I like it. Also you guys might want to try moving cookies from your old computer or whatever and copy it into your new computer's cookie folder.

slokor 05-06-2016 01:12 AM

Ive been using emulators for various purposes but never for this.
Will try it out if I ever run into such a situation.
Ive heard others state that the app worked to resolve this situation - but then I heard others saying it did not. So I dont know that this is a 100% guaranteed solution.

oompaloompa 05-06-2016 03:15 AM

I had success in the past by just going for forgot password, change password with security questions or card info and then you are logged in once password gets changed, it is all automated, so if you go down a different system route, it gets you in that way.

livelifewild 05-06-2016 09:20 AM

That does help with the initial log in to paypal problem. But the one that annoys me the most and gives me the most trouble is the transferring money out of paypal. They ask for you to have a text or phone call to verify. When I click on either way it doesnt have a phone number already in so it asks me to add one, when I do add the number it says it can not verify this way try another way. Which of course is contacting them directly by calling and speaking to someone. What I completely do not understand with this whole thing is that I have working phone numbers attached to all these accounts even confirmed with the initial code when signing up. But when it does this security measure when trying to withdraw money it does not have any number in the system.

Its all very agitating.

THANKS FOX I will try this next time
Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 768760)
I had success in the past by just going for forgot password, change password with security questions or card info and then you are logged in once password gets changed, it is all automated, so if you go down a different system route, it gets you in that way.

fox20c 05-06-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livelifewild (Post 768887)
That does help with the initial log in to paypal problem. But the one that annoys me the most and gives me the most trouble is the transferring money out of paypal. They ask for you to have a text or phone call to verify. When I click on either way it doesnt have a phone number already in so it asks me to add one, when I do add the number it says it can not verify this way try another way. Which of course is contacting them directly by calling and speaking to someone. What I completely do not understand with this whole thing is that I have working phone numbers attached to all these accounts even confirmed with the initial code when signing up. But when it does this security measure when trying to withdraw money it does not have any number in the system.

Its all very agitating.

That is the point of running the emulator and mobile app, you can make a transfer and withdrawal and not get this message or be asked to verify anything. It should completely eliminate your frustration.

miketyson 05-06-2016 12:34 PM

DO you have to use this to withdraw everytime? Also says 2 gb so wouldn't work to install one on every ff portable folder?

Play 05-06-2016 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miketyson (Post 768937)
DO you have to use this to withdraw everytime? Also says 2 gb so wouldn't work to install one on every ff portable folder?

I think needs to be separate user accounts.

JamesNorth101 05-06-2016 12:58 PM

Very nice post Fox! This will no doubt help a lot of users

fox20c 05-06-2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miketyson (Post 768937)

Every time I have done this I only needed to do it for the 1st transfer, after that I was able to go back and not get the message on the using my desktop browser. So I would delete the emulator after one or two successful transfers in my browser just in case I needed to go back to it, but I never had to.

PayPalBusted 05-06-2016 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fox20c (Post 768936)
That is the point of running the emulator and mobile app, you can make a transfer and withdrawal and not get this message or be asked to verify anything. It should completely eliminate your frustration.

Does this help solve the issue with trying to send a payment or funds to another PP member using a credit card attached to the account?

I've been trying to send a couple hundred dollars here the past two weeks using a credit card I had verified on the account. When I to send I get the "cannot send payment right now" bull****. Called with no luck.

Play 05-06-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PayPalBusted (Post 769001)
Does this help solve the issue with trying to send a payment or funds to another PP member using a credit card attached to the account?

I've been trying to send a couple hundred dollars here the past two weeks using a credit card I had verified on the account. When I to send I get the "cannot send payment right now" bull****. Called with no luck.

I think you should try it and let us know. Since you've been trying two weeks, if it did work, you would know this is the solution.

bjammin 05-06-2016 08:59 PM

That is fanf***ingtastic! I havent had that issue in a long time, but I know that people still get it. I hope we can get this stickied, as it is very beneficial to stealth!

Great info Fox :hail:

SilentHill 05-06-2016 11:33 PM

I love you !

PayPalBusted 05-07-2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 769017)
I think you should try it and let us know. Since you've been trying two weeks, if it did work, you would know this is the solution.

Figured I would ask before wasting my time if he already knows the answer. Although I may try this weekend. Haven't had time to setup the emulator.

fox20c 05-07-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PayPalBusted (Post 769338)
Figured I would ask before wasting my time if he already knows the answer. Although I may try this weekend. Haven't had time to setup the emulator.

Never had the problem that you had mentioned, but would love to hear if it works out for you in your particular situation.

livelifewild 05-07-2016 06:30 PM

Thanks FOX!
Havent gotten any in a few days but if it comes up again I am DEFINITELY going to give your way a try it sounds very inventive and smart! so good joblol
Quote:

Originally Posted by fox20c (Post 768936)

rsot 05-07-2016 07:34 PM

Impressive creative and effective method fox

newjerseymax 05-11-2016 09:39 AM

Excellent information!

oompaloompa 05-12-2016 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livelifewild (Post 768887)

Its all very agitating.

oh ok this is just for logging in, I got in twice, one time was recently they did not recognise device...

Omgoozle 05-14-2016 01:11 PM

Just FYI, I used this method to try to add a bank account and get around the Verify Device check, and it did not work.

fox20c 05-16-2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omgoozle (Post 771346)
Just FYI, I used this method to try to add a bank account and get around the Verify Device check, and it did not work.

Hmm never tried it to verify a BA. Ive only done it for withdrawals, which I did this technique again today and it worked perfectly.