Besides Tmobile and Verizon, what's another good mobile hotspot provider? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-19-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Besides Tmobile and Verizon, what's another good mobile hotspot provider?

I am already using Verizon and Tmobile and need some other providers. I know there's Huawei but on Amazon seems like they still use the Tmobile network. Are there other providers out there in the US? Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaychic2013 For This Useful Post:
TGMT² (06-19-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Besides Tmobile and Verizon, what's another good mobile hotspot provider?

Just about every Phone Provider has a hotspot or Mifi, the thing is that most are using major network IP's....so even if you did go with another Provider....you might be getting the same IP Pool from Verizon, T-mobile, or Sprint.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (06-22-2016)
Old 06-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Besides Tmobile and Verizon, what's another good mobile hotspot provider?

Huawei is a hardware provider only here in USA, they do not operate a network. So, they would have nothing to do with it.
Old 06-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

To my understanding you pretty much have Verizon, tmobile and AT&T for network. The sub carriers such a Virgin, sprint, ting, cricket, etc...piggyback off of the big three with T Mobile being the one most rebranded.
Old 06-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

The prepaids only have access to the core network of each major carrier. Giving you different IP range even though on same network
Old 06-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
The prepaids only have access to the core network of each major carrier. Giving you different IP range even though on same network
so in theory and for clarity, Sprint, Ting, Virgin and Cricket etc..would all have a sub pool of IPs from T Mobile and not under the same umbrella of a Tmobile account?
Old 06-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Correct, but Sprint owns its own network. They are not an MVNO like the rest.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
yankee (06-19-2016)
Old 06-22-2016
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

**moved because this is more relevant today
Old 06-22-2016

Longevity: 69%

Personally, I quit keeping track of all my ip's . I did it thoroughly for a while (1 year) & I realized after running a bunch of accounts I ran through att' pool after 3 months Verizon after 4-5 months, forget Tmobile & sprint.
I think we are all sharing ip's all over the place. I think ip is more important when it's a static address, when it's different every time I don't think it's looked at sour closley, so I have an Att. For some accounts & a Verizon for others for some more separation.
This is my personal opinion, so if your new here I'd advise you to keep track for a while, after a year or so you may find that it's virtually impossible to have a different IP every single time like I did.
I'm aware most here say it's very important. & I do believe that a Static IP is probably better for a account that's doing a couple thousand a month. And I would definitely change a Static IP if you are banned from that account but I see in my sales reports that 80 sometimes 100 % of my sales on any given account are from mobile purchases. Every time those people restart their phone it's going to be a different ip address, millions of users are posting things everyday on their mobile phones as sellers they're always going to have a different IP address.

So I think having a ton of different Wi-Fi devices ultimately is a waste of money and a lot of time trying to organize it.

That's just my two cents.
The Following User Says Thank You to jojo2012 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (06-22-2016)
Old 06-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2012 View Post
Personally, I quit keeping track of all my ip's . I did it thoroughly for a while (1 year) & I realized after running a bunch of accounts I ran through att' pool after 3 months Verizon after 4-5 months, forget Tmobile & sprint.
I think we are all sharing ip's all over the place. I think ip is more important when it's a static address, when it's different every time I don't think it's looked at sour closley, so I have an Att. For some accounts & a Verizon for others for some more separation.
This is my personal opinion, so if your new here I'd advise you to keep track for a while, after a year or so you may find that it's virtually impossible to have a different IP every single time like I did.
I'm aware most here say it's very important. & I do believe that a Static IP is probably better for a account that's doing a couple thousand a month. And I would definitely change a Static IP if you are banned from that account but I see in my sales reports that 80 sometimes 100 % of my sales on any given account are from mobile purchases. Every time those people restart their phone it's going to be a different ip address, millions of users are posting things everyday on their mobile phones as sellers they're always going to have a different IP address.

So I think having a ton of different Wi-Fi devices ultimately is a waste of money and a lot of time trying to organize it.

That's just my two cents.
I do agree it takes usually 2 things to link a account. Usually Ip alone is hazy at best, however why already give them one...

Also, take into consideration if you link IP on non-banned accounts you might not run into much trouble if it happens once, maybe twice... But, if the IP with banned account gets reused then its likely you will have issues with all the linked accounts.

Basically there is some difference in landing on a IP with banned account vs a active no issue account...

Risky business... Its not really stealth if you allow some kind of linking in my opinion....

Good luck brother, glad its working out for you though!!
Old 06-22-2016

Longevity: 69%

Yeah i kept an organized spread sheet & basically I was sitting there restarting my mi-fi over & over again until littarly it got to 9,10 even 20 times till one day I realized I wasn't going to get a new ip No matter how many times I would restart the device, i got an iP I had used on another account before. My only hope was to get an iP I had used on the same account before.
Then I just started to allow ip addresses to cross only if I haven't used it on a banned account.
I started to weigh the risk against the time I spent restarting mifi's. I had a few accounts go down just before xmas . I cRoss referenced the spread sheet & ones that went down had no ip's in common and they HAD ip's in common with accounts that where and still are fine.
Now I just use Verizon on my favorite accounts & att on growing accounts.
I really had no choice.
Old 06-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

I dont keep track of any IP address and never been linked with another account by IP address.

When ever I need to change to another user account, I change the IP address to another one. I am using Tmobile network atm.