Short and Sweet PP/EBay Link ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-08-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Short and Sweet PP/EBay Link ?

New accounts perfect stealth about 3 weeks old (Ebay and Paypal; linked)

Building feedback, everything's cool.

Paypal limits and ebay in turn blocks putting up new listings.

PP asks for tracking proof and supplier info.

I supply both. Waiting on PP reply (been about 3 days)

I know the three possible results:

1. PP Lifts limit and everything is cool.
2. PP asks for more info aka SS# etc.
3. PP tells me "no more business and part ways"

I just want to be able to list on ebay again using the same ebay name. My question is if paypal tells me the no more business, we'd like to part ways, since they chose to do so, will then the new listing limit in ebay be lifted? Or is it now where since ebay and paypal were linked by me ebay will keep the block?

If then I "unlink" the account in Ebay, would then the block go away? I doubt it, but I'm just thinking out loud here.

I really did read alot on these boards and hope that I didn't miss the answer somewhere.

Thank you for the time guys.

Background info if it helps:

Non Vero stuff.
Small Items under $75
Only took 5 payments in paypal.
Tracking shows all signed for.
Supplier Info Tracphone setup next to me waiting.
No complaints, perfect feedback.

Message in Ebay "Attention eBay Member!
During a recent screening of your PayPal and eBay accounts, we observed activity that is unusual or potentially high risk. We have limited access to your account(s) until additional security measures can be completed.

To resolve this issue, please log in to your PayPal account and go to the “Resolution Center”. The Resolution Center subtab is located on the Account Overview page between the History and Profile subtab.

To log in to your PayPal account, please go to: https://www.paypal.com/"

Last edited by BuddyLee; 03-08-2009 at 03:50 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-08-2009

Longevity: 87%

you cannot unlink account... once it's linked, it's linked forever.
Old 03-08-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Once your accounts are linked, you can't unlink them. If your PayPal account goes down, usually your eBay account will do the same.

Odd PayPal limited just for selling a few items, non vero and low in value.

Would you consider these items high risk? Does your eBay and PayPal information match up? Name, address, phone number, etc?

Or it could be that you listed too much too fast...

Usually it's best to setup an account and let it age awhile before doing anything with it. Did you list from the get go?
Old 03-08-2009

Longevity: 87%

I thought 75 was high to start with... 5-20 when you start.
Old 03-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Even less than 5--20 works. Slow start remembering that you are a 'newbie' learning what to do. Imo, it is better to start on a 'aged' account. Some will disagree but tough. Thanks to aspkin and the forum that is how I went. Listed a few items at first and had no problems. There is no way I am going to sign in to ebay/paypal and have a message that I am naru'd or limited. Think about that.
Old 03-08-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 88%

Aspkin, Freedom, Green,

Thanks guys for the information thus far.

These were low risk items in my opinion. I was pulling out the $75 at a time as soon as it came it. God knows they don't like that.

I was selling about 1-2 a day, but I guess I started too soon (like a day or two in)

Everything on both accounts is "new" information, but match (simon, skype, address etc)

I will age my next account a little more before I start her up again.

I am still waiting to hear back from Paypal in regards to the "limitation appeal". They asked for tracking for one order even though there were about 5-6 (now says completed, package was signed for) and supplier information. After reading these forums for 2-3 days straight, I opted for the "supply info" choice. I setup a tracphone, business cards and supplied a picture of the inventory just to show I had it on hand. ⊗⊗⊗⊗ invoices didn't seem the way to go after reading. Thought that might help a little. Waiting to see if PP calls "the supplier". Judging from what people say on here it's a crap shoot.

What do you guys think is the time frame for the appeal? More so, what do you think the time frame for them calling the supplier would be if they were going to do it? I'm not sure I read that info on here.

Again, thank you for the information fellas. I don't want to step on any toes by asking already answered questions, and I'd like to help the community as much as possible in return.

Last edited by BuddyLee; 03-08-2009 at 07:27 PM.