eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/suspensions-reinstatement-talk/)
-   -   What means MC169 NOTICE (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/suspensions-reinstatement-talk/18399-what-means-mc169-notice.html)

sda 05-08-2010 11:43 AM

What means MC169 NOTICE

Hi,
I had new account set up after 3 suspended accounts. Started selling China made branded phones. Wanted realist item but got message saying we not familiar with computer and need verify it. So I gave mobile number (by mistake which I used on previous account) they called me but PIN wasn't accepted due to technical issue. After that I asked online help. They fixed and asked me to update mobile phone information. After listing the item I have got this message:

Attention!
Your account is currently suspended. Below you’ll find information on why and what to do next.

*Why did we suspend your account?

From experience we know that certain items and actions are more associated with fraudulent activity on eBay than others. As a precaution, we suspend an account if it gives us cause for concern. We then ask for more information before we reinstate the account.

An account suspension in these circumstances is covered in the eBay User Agreement under the heading "Abusing eBay". You can read the entire User Agreement here:

Your User Agreement

*Here's what you should do now:

Please send us all of the following information and we'll review your account:

1) A copy of your driver's license or other government-issued ID that shows your name and address.

2) A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill statement clearly showing your name and billing address.

Be sure to include on all documents the user ID and email address for the suspended account you're appealing. You can fax the information to:

US: 877-349-1798
INTL: 001 + 801-545-2700
eBay, Attention: eBay Suspension Appeals

*What happens next?

Please allow three days for us to review your account after we have received your documents. We'll then contact you via email. Your account will remain suspended until we receive and review these documents.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response so that we can resolve this matter as soon as possible.

I can send the documents which they want but I scare they can give ID to police. Can any one share the experience and knowledge what to do in this situation?
Actually I haven't done anything illegal but I scare to give them documents.

First Edition 05-08-2010 11:47 AM

If you haven't done anything illegal, why are you scareD to give them your papers?

Vicvelcro 05-08-2010 08:27 PM

They wouldn't likely give your ID to the police unless you are later discovered to be a very large scale fraudster.

They will take a look at the ID. If they are satisfied that it looks genuine, all is well. If they are suspicious of the ID, they will simply leave your account in a non-usable condition and request that you resend something they will accept. If you do not comply with the second request to their satisfaction, they will suspend the account indefinitely.

sda 05-09-2010 11:47 AM

Because of I have opened couple of accounts and they been suspended. This is my 3rd account and I don't know can they give my docs to police because of I have couple of suspended account in past. Actually my first account was suspended because of Paypal suspended my account. I couldn’t proof my Paypal account and they limited it with money and off course eBay suspended as well. Second my eBay account was suspended because of I used same computer and same name as 1st one. But for this account every think is new. Because in past I have that suspended account now I scare that they can give my docs to Police.

Vicvelcro 05-09-2010 07:58 PM

Unless you scam people, they will not give your information to the police.

sda 05-16-2010 01:50 AM

Guys,
do you have any idea? It is 7 days I have sent ID copy and bill via fax to the ebay but still i don't have reply from them. I have sent couple questions, no result. What do you advice to do o this situation?

First Edition 05-16-2010 11:01 AM

I would be patient. Typically, asking them when they will un-limit the account makes it worse. In the mean time, I would start over with another account.... just in case this one doesn't get fixed.

sda 05-16-2010 09:59 PM

Hi, guys. Finally I have got respond from them an they want more papers.

To
continue, we still need copies of invoices or any other
documents, such as a sales receipt, showing purchase or possession of
the items listed for sale before your account was suspended.

I am reselling items from the store in China. When I sell item, I ask the store to send item directly to the buyers address. So I don't see any paperwork except copy of invoice which I send to buyer from eBay. In this situation what I can send them? Could you advice please?

First Edition 05-16-2010 10:24 PM

You'll need to send something that they believe is legit... obviously, what you are doing is not... so don't tell them that. You can paint whatever picture you like for them, as long as another reasonable human being on the other end of the fax machine believes it.

sda 05-16-2010 11:01 PM

The picture, they want my photo with items which I have listed. As i am standing and holding the item at photo. Which is I can not to do. So can I send them invoices from the ebay itself which i sent to buyers? Will they accept it?

First Edition 05-16-2010 11:05 PM

no, they won't accept that....

Do you have access to any of the items?

You could message your buyers saying you'll give them a 5 dollar refund asking for a few pics smiling hold up the items...

sda 05-17-2010 02:24 AM

It is funny, but the have my original ID copy with my picture on it.

sda 05-17-2010 03:19 AM

Yes, I have sent them my ID copy and if they match photos they can find difference. But another question, I have 2 invoices from my old suspended account. Means when they suspended that account I have already sold some items and I asked store for invoices. They provided me stamped invoices on February and they says cellphone. Not detailed information. Maybe me send this invoices?!

GreenBean 05-17-2010 04:06 AM

Just as a matter of interest, whereabouts in this wonderful world are you?
Your flag says one thing but you are not being so open are you? :peace::spy:

thousand-face 05-17-2010 06:16 AM

Look, just wait the 6 months, do not get complicated, open a new account and forget it about. This whole process is something that you have to do when you sell this "KIND OF ITEM" SOME times you win , some time you lose.

sda 05-17-2010 06:53 AM

What will change after 6 month. I mean why 6 month?

First Edition 05-17-2010 11:56 AM

That's when you'll be able to withdraw the funds.

sda 05-17-2010 12:43 PM

My account is empty. I sold items but didn't get chance to take money. They didn't paid and I didn't send. I had chat with store and they sent me store invoice form. What do you think if I fill it to name one of my previous buyers and send eBay will it work?

sda 05-18-2010 06:02 AM

Guys please answer. If I change another invoice by photo shop and send them will they call and check phone numbers. What do you think?

GreenBean 05-18-2010 06:07 AM

Answer my question first: what country are you really located in? That is quite important. :spy:

sda 05-18-2010 06:29 AM

Why it is so important to you. Does it matter from where I am. I ask questions which I don't know answer and I ask people for help.

GreenBean 05-18-2010 06:32 AM

If you want to go on using the forum, I'd make a point of answering. It's very important you be aware of that.