Can a seller with more experience tell me what this ebay message really means - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Old 10-27-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Can a seller with more experience tell me what this ebay message really means

I WAS SELLING A HERMES SHIRT ON EBAY FOR $600 I KNOW IS ORIGINAL, THE THING IS I DIDN'T PAY FOR IT AND I DON'T HAVE THE RECIP AND 12 HOURS LATER I GOT THIS MESSAGE FROM EBAY.

MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Item (425112353)

Dear (XXXXXX@yahoo.com),

You recently listed the following listing:

120****** - HERMESē BLUE SHIRT LIMITED EDITION SZ M

Your listing has been removed.

- Limited selling history - you need to have more of a stronger selling history before selling high end, designer items. We suggest selling other items for 2-3 months to build up your selling feedback.) Building a positive selling history will increase buyer's trust in your listings and therefore it will help diminish negative matters that the buyer feels they are experiencing and help diminish having negative feedback left for you.

- Insufficient description of the item or no photos of the item
- Community members expressed concerns about this item questioning the authenticity.

Your listing was removed due to some concerns with how it was listed.
Because of these, we suggest you to:
- provide proof of authenticity of youe item.
- provide more information and pictures of the actual item for sale (avoid using stock photos).
- make sure that the items you are selling are authentic.

We apologize for the inconvenience this removal has caused you .
Thank you for your cooperation

For a safe shopping experience on eBay and to make buyers feel confident about their purchases, we will at times remove certain listings from the site.

Unfortunately, your item was removed because of the way it was listed.

To make sure you're following eBay policies and to help you avoid listing removals in the future, please take a minute to read and understand our selling guidelines. Go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/rules.html

If you have any more questions, chat with one of our policy experts any time from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM MST. Get started by clicking the link below.
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...rmat=1&pid=830

You may need to take a tutorial. If it's required, you may be asked to take it the next time you sell. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/...ial/intro.html

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. We understand that you may be concerned about this situation.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

I forgot to say that i have like 8 pictures of the shirt including original package, tags, even 3 pictures of the security hologram in the care label that is not posible in a counterfeit item, i know the shirt runs for more around $1000=tax.

I have 69 stars, and i sold just like 12 items before
Old 10-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I can't be specific as I don't sell designer goods, but the fact is that some brands are just REALLY HARD TO SELL on eBay. Many of the higher end ones, like Burberry would prefer that NONE of their items ended up on eBay PERIOD.

The way the Digital Millennium Copyright Act is written, for TRADEMARK violations, if the owner requests that eBay remove the item, they MUST comply. Unlike when it is a COPYRIGHT infringement accusation, there is NO counter-notice procedure. So you are basically at the mercy of the brand owner.

Best thing that I (with my limited experience selling trademarked items) can recommend is to email the VERO member and explain to them it is real, and ask if there is some way you can provide proof to them. They may ask for close up pictures, or something else, OR they could just refuse. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hopefully, a member with more experience selling trademarked items can chime in.