eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/suspensions-reinstatement-talk/)
-   -   Item removed. AFTER IT ALREADY SOLD! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/suspensions-reinstatement-talk/39550-item-removed-after-already-sold.html)

Aviator_2010 11-21-2011 10:25 PM

Item removed. AFTER IT ALREADY SOLD!

I recently sold an item on EBay. The buyer paid I printed the label and shipped the item the next day, later that same day I get two messages, one a MC198 INI Selling restriction and the other an MC999 listing removed and the item was deleted, and no longer shows up in the items that I sold! My question is how can they and why would they remove an item if it already sold and the auction is over? Should I contact the buyer and tell him what happened (I have a copy of the tracking number I can send him). Or should I just wait until he receives the item and/or contacts me. I checked paypal and so far the funds are still pending. Before ebay removed the item it said estimated funds availability was 12/1/11, but it said underneath that it could change according to policy. Now I am concerned that Paypal might hold the money forever since the item was removed for a copyright violation. Do I have to worry about Paypal stopping the funds or anything (like I said earlier I already shipped the item)?

wilburnet 11-23-2011 11:42 AM

most likely another seller reported your auction so it would be moved . Its happended to me a few times and its such a pain to get a listing removed after it ended ...

bballaw1 11-23-2011 12:10 PM

This happened to me a few times too... If you have the buyers info, certainly email them. I always say that there was some confusion with ebay that you are working on clearing up and give them the tracking number. I tell them that I am sure they are going to love the product but as per my return policy they are certainly able to send it back for a refund if they are at all unhappy. It's always worked out fine for me!

ingle92protege 11-23-2011 12:31 PM

Just leave it... I have had this happen before and even the customer can not give you bad feedback for it, because the auction was cancelled.

You'll still get your money, so long as you send out the item with good service.

kpizzl 11-23-2011 01:02 PM

item sold that got taken down?

Artann 11-28-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpizzl (Post 289450)
item sold that got taken down?

yes, as long as vero member has auction number they can do this within 14 or 30 days not sure, after auction ended.

expiredpeanutbutter 11-28-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aviator_2010 (Post 288924)
I recently sold an item on EBay. The buyer paid I printed the label and shipped the item the next day, later that same day I get two messages, one a MC198 INI Selling restriction and the other an MC999 listing removed and the item was deleted, and no longer shows up in the items that I sold! My question is how can they and why would they remove an item if it already sold and the auction is over? Should I contact the buyer and tell him what happened (I have a copy of the tracking number I can send him). Or should I just wait until he receives the item and/or contacts me. I checked paypal and so far the funds are still pending. Before Ebay removed the item it said estimated funds availability was 12/1/11, but it said underneath that it could change according to policy. Now I am concerned that Paypal might hold the money forever since the item was removed for a copyright violation. Do I have to worry about Paypal stopping the funds or anything (like I said earlier I already shipped the item)?

This happened to me before. and it SUCKS!!

FandangoKango 11-28-2011 10:00 PM

The ebay listing might be gone, but the paypal transaction is never gone. I could be wrong. Go to the paypal transaction page in your paypal history and look his/her email up and email them!

TowelKing 11-29-2011 01:42 AM

Email him through paypal address and ebay.

Explain to him ebay make a mistake by removing his listing and that his item was shipped with a tracking number (also show him tracking info and how to track it).

When a listing is removed ebay send a message to buyer to open a paypal case against the seller, you have to reach him first!

arronb2009 11-29-2011 02:21 PM

I get listings removed all the time!! , paypal wont hold the money at all and you can contact the buyer through paypal as it will have thier email address there and also thier ebay user ID.

I get roughly 10 items removed a week and most buyers dont worry about it but the odd 1 or 2 will respond to ebays vero email and ask what the email was all about as the email ebay send them doesn't explain exactly why the item was removed.

Yes you dont get feedback for items taken down as the buyer obviously cant leave it, but when they used to leave feedback them the item was taken down after you would lose the feedback also but ebay has changed that now and you keep feedback.

FandangoKango 11-30-2011 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arronb2009 (Post 291136)
I get listings removed all the time!! , paypal wont hold the money at all and you can contact the buyer through paypal as it will have thier email address there and also thier ebay user ID.

I get roughly 10 items removed a week and most buyers dont worry about it but the odd 1 or 2 will respond to ebays vero email and ask what the email was all about as the email ebay send them doesn't explain exactly why the item was removed.

Yes you dont get feedback for items taken down as the buyer obviously cant leave it, but when they used to leave feedback them the item was taken down after you would lose the feedback also but ebay has changed that now and you keep feedback.

You must be selling high vero to get that much removed per week. The worst email is when a buyer gets your item could be counterfiet so double check and even if the item is legit the buyer doubts it.

dongikong5169 08-06-2012 07:22 PM

I am facing the same problem. Will I receive the payment? If I keep listing the item will I get suspended by eBay?

First Edition 08-07-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingle92protege (Post 289440)
Just leave it... I have had this happen before and even the customer can not give you bad feedback for it, because the auction was cancelled.

You'll still get your money, so long as you send out the item with good service.

That is not true, the person can still leave you bad feedback. If they're angry at you and won't let it go, as are most people who go out of the way to leave bad feedback, they'll call ebay, and ebay will reinstate the listing so they can leave bad feedback.

I'm not going to argue with someone on how that's not possible.
It happened.

Don't think that just because the listing is pulled you don't have to provide customer service.

First Edition 08-07-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dongikong5169 (Post 365994)
I am facing the same problem. Will I receive the payment? If I keep listing the item will I get suspended by eBay?

No, you probably won't receive the payment. Would you pay someone for an auction that is no longer valid? If you have the ability, maybe send the winning bidder (if you know who that is) and tell them it's still available and offer then a 5% discount for paying you directly.

joeyr69 08-07-2012 03:04 PM

Just want to be careful you don't get a dodgy buyer that knows the ropes as they can easily make a claim.
They would get a message stating this item has been taken down for 'so and so' reason, if the seller trys to sell outside of ebay beware... along those lines anyway.

Just be nice to buyer and all should be ok

demaxed 08-11-2012 12:44 AM

had that happen when my item was pulled and i got suspended. i had 7 buyers in four days. (i was middle person just listing and forwarding payments. didn't have or see item at all) paypals froze that money as well as other monies from the other parts of my business (copywriting and business support services payroll). (couldn't forward payment to supplier due to paypal on their side also) i emailed all the buyers informing them of what was going on. most were receptive as i fought with ebay.

when i finally gave up on them, i contacted paypals to release the funds for refunds - also my accounts needed to be addressed. all but two of the buyers were fine and left a medium feedback (communication). only two left bad feedback. can't please everyone i guess.

zexmarkies 10-22-2012 06:47 PM

just pray that your buyer dont open a dispute. this happened to me before and if buyer opens a case they INSTANTLY give them a refund.

rsot 10-23-2012 05:37 AM

Thats where you need to communicate with any buyer who has complaints - Customer Service.

Octopus Prime 08-07-2014 03:13 PM

Re: Item removed. AFTER IT ALREADY SOLD!

happened to me today thing is my money is on hold as it is a new account. will i still get the monies?? :((

Octopus Prime 08-07-2014 03:16 PM

it was not on auction it was buy it now. I sold 10 items got the email that it has been removed 2 days after i sold all of them

Dmshark25 08-08-2014 11:41 PM

As long as your paypal is not limited and you are able to convince the buyers that u have shipped the item out

The best thing to do is get everything to the post office fast, as u can, so that the buyers will see the tracking updating

If u were able to convenience them that it was shipped, despite eBay saying otherwise it's always good to get a move on actually shipping if u haven't already

And like any transaction the holds will be lifted usually 3 days after marked delivered

GreenBean 08-08-2014 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octopus Prime (Post 575523)
happened to me today thing is my money is on hold as it is a new account. will i still get the monies?? :((

did you see the date of the thread?

:spy:

We are talking about two different issues it appears.

You are appear to be talking about 21 day holds?

Topic is removal of items long after listing ended.

Big difference.

:peace: