Item removed. AFTER IT ALREADY SOLD! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Old 11-21-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Item removed. AFTER IT ALREADY SOLD!

I recently sold an item on EBay. The buyer paid I printed the label and shipped the item the next day, later that same day I get two messages, one a MC198 INI Selling restriction and the other an MC999 listing removed and the item was deleted, and no longer shows up in the items that I sold! My question is how can they and why would they remove an item if it already sold and the auction is over? Should I contact the buyer and tell him what happened (I have a copy of the tracking number I can send him). Or should I just wait until he receives the item and/or contacts me. I checked paypal and so far the funds are still pending. Before ebay removed the item it said estimated funds availability was 12/1/11, but it said underneath that it could change according to policy. Now I am concerned that Paypal might hold the money forever since the item was removed for a copyright violation. Do I have to worry about Paypal stopping the funds or anything (like I said earlier I already shipped the item)?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-23-2011

Longevity: 85%

most likely another seller reported your auction so it would be moved . Its happended to me a few times and its such a pain to get a listing removed after it ended ...
Old 11-23-2011

Longevity: 76%

This happened to me a few times too... If you have the buyers info, certainly email them. I always say that there was some confusion with ebay that you are working on clearing up and give them the tracking number. I tell them that I am sure they are going to love the product but as per my return policy they are certainly able to send it back for a refund if they are at all unhappy. It's always worked out fine for me!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bballaw1 For This Useful Post:
FandangoKango (11-28-2011), Geegee83 (08-09-2014), GreenBean (11-29-2011), GreenGhost (02-15-2012)
Old 11-23-2011

Longevity: 74%

Just leave it... I have had this happen before and even the customer can not give you bad feedback for it, because the auction was cancelled.

You'll still get your money, so long as you send out the item with good service.
Old 11-23-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

item sold that got taken down?
Old 11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpizzl View Post
item sold that got taken down?
yes, as long as vero member has auction number they can do this within 14 or 30 days not sure, after auction ended.
Old 11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_2010 View Post
I recently sold an item on EBay. The buyer paid I printed the label and shipped the item the next day, later that same day I get two messages, one a MC198 INI Selling restriction and the other an MC999 listing removed and the item was deleted, and no longer shows up in the items that I sold! My question is how can they and why would they remove an item if it already sold and the auction is over? Should I contact the buyer and tell him what happened (I have a copy of the tracking number I can send him). Or should I just wait until he receives the item and/or contacts me. I checked paypal and so far the funds are still pending. Before Ebay removed the item it said estimated funds availability was 12/1/11, but it said underneath that it could change according to policy. Now I am concerned that Paypal might hold the money forever since the item was removed for a copyright violation. Do I have to worry about Paypal stopping the funds or anything (like I said earlier I already shipped the item)?
This happened to me before. and it SUCKS!!
Old 11-28-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

The ebay listing might be gone, but the paypal transaction is never gone. I could be wrong. Go to the paypal transaction page in your paypal history and look his/her email up and email them!
Old 11-29-2011

Longevity: 77%

Email him through paypal address and ebay.

Explain to him ebay make a mistake by removing his listing and that his item was shipped with a tracking number (also show him tracking info and how to track it).

When a listing is removed ebay send a message to buyer to open a paypal case against the seller, you have to reach him first!
The Following User Says Thank You to TowelKing For This Useful Post:
Elijah (10-23-2012)
Old 11-29-2011

I get listings removed all the time!! , paypal wont hold the money at all and you can contact the buyer through paypal as it will have thier email address there and also thier ebay user ID.

I get roughly 10 items removed a week and most buyers dont worry about it but the odd 1 or 2 will respond to ebays vero email and ask what the email was all about as the email ebay send them doesn't explain exactly why the item was removed.

Yes you dont get feedback for items taken down as the buyer obviously cant leave it, but when they used to leave feedback them the item was taken down after you would lose the feedback also but ebay has changed that now and you keep feedback.
Old 11-30-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronb2009 View Post
I get listings removed all the time!! , paypal wont hold the money at all and you can contact the buyer through paypal as it will have thier email address there and also thier ebay user ID.

I get roughly 10 items removed a week and most buyers dont worry about it but the odd 1 or 2 will respond to ebays vero email and ask what the email was all about as the email ebay send them doesn't explain exactly why the item was removed.

Yes you dont get feedback for items taken down as the buyer obviously cant leave it, but when they used to leave feedback them the item was taken down after you would lose the feedback also but ebay has changed that now and you keep feedback.
You must be selling high vero to get that much removed per week. The worst email is when a buyer gets your item could be counterfiet so double check and even if the item is legit the buyer doubts it.
Old 08-06-2012

Longevity: 67%

I am facing the same problem. Will I receive the payment? If I keep listing the item will I get suspended by eBay?
Old 08-07-2012
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingle92protege View Post
Just leave it... I have had this happen before and even the customer can not give you bad feedback for it, because the auction was cancelled.

You'll still get your money, so long as you send out the item with good service.
That is not true, the person can still leave you bad feedback. If they're angry at you and won't let it go, as are most people who go out of the way to leave bad feedback, they'll call ebay, and ebay will reinstate the listing so they can leave bad feedback.

I'm not going to argue with someone on how that's not possible.
It happened.

Don't think that just because the listing is pulled you don't have to provide customer service.
Old 08-07-2012
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongikong5169 View Post
I am facing the same problem. Will I receive the payment? If I keep listing the item will I get suspended by eBay?
No, you probably won't receive the payment. Would you pay someone for an auction that is no longer valid? If you have the ability, maybe send the winning bidder (if you know who that is) and tell them it's still available and offer then a 5% discount for paying you directly.
Old 08-07-2012

Longevity: 70%

Just want to be careful you don't get a dodgy buyer that knows the ropes as they can easily make a claim.
They would get a message stating this item has been taken down for 'so and so' reason, if the seller trys to sell outside of ebay beware... along those lines anyway.

Just be nice to buyer and all should be ok
Old 08-11-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to demaxed

had that happen when my item was pulled and i got suspended. i had 7 buyers in four days. (i was middle person just listing and forwarding payments. didn't have or see item at all) paypals froze that money as well as other monies from the other parts of my business (copywriting and business support services payroll). (couldn't forward payment to supplier due to paypal on their side also) i emailed all the buyers informing them of what was going on. most were receptive as i fought with ebay.

when i finally gave up on them, i contacted paypals to release the funds for refunds - also my accounts needed to be addressed. all but two of the buyers were fine and left a medium feedback (communication). only two left bad feedback. can't please everyone i guess.
Old 10-22-2012

just pray that your buyer dont open a dispute. this happened to me before and if buyer opens a case they INSTANTLY give them a refund.
Old 10-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Thats where you need to communicate with any buyer who has complaints - Customer Service.
Old 08-07-2014

Longevity: 60%
Send a message via AIM to Octopus Prime
Default Re: Item removed. AFTER IT ALREADY SOLD!

happened to me today thing is my money is on hold as it is a new account. will i still get the monies?? :((
Old 08-07-2014

Longevity: 60%
Send a message via AIM to Octopus Prime

it was not on auction it was buy it now. I sold 10 items got the email that it has been removed 2 days after i sold all of them
Old 08-08-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

As long as your paypal is not limited and you are able to convince the buyers that u have shipped the item out

The best thing to do is get everything to the post office fast, as u can, so that the buyers will see the tracking updating

If u were able to convenience them that it was shipped, despite eBay saying otherwise it's always good to get a move on actually shipping if u haven't already

And like any transaction the holds will be lifted usually 3 days after marked delivered
Old 08-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
happened to me today thing is my money is on hold as it is a new account. will i still get the monies?? :((
did you see the date of the thread?

We are talking about two different issues it appears.

You are appear to be talking about 21 day holds?

Topic is removal of items long after listing ended.

Big difference.