I got booted from eBay over a Vero issue - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Old 10-20-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default I got booted from eBay over a Vero issue

I got booted from eBay over a Vero issue, suspended me for 1 year.

My seller account was almost perfect had a great selling experience until this.

I created a new account, new paypal, new bank account, new phone all in a different state and got busted again. MC999, they want me to call to verify.

I did use my same name however but only used my 1st intial, middle initial and last name.

This is my only income and I am basically desperate for help. I posted in the ebay suspensions section but my post has not shown up today at all?...I wonder why?

I also have a good Amazon selling account but it doesnt sell anywhere near what ebay does. I list same photos as ebay, same price, same free shipping but in the past 7 days ive only sold 7 items. I have 556 items listed. On ebay I had 2700 listed. My items are small and sell for under $30 and I had them in a ebay store selling about 200 per month and it seems that Amazon will never match that.

If anyone has info on how to get back on ebay please let me know what I did wrong and if anyone has any info on how to increase my sales on Amazon I would also appreciate that.

Thanks for taking the time to read this long post!

JT.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2013
Threadstarter  

Default Re: I got booted from eBay over a Vero issue-Need Advice

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong to get caught?
Old 10-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: I got booted from eBay over a Vero issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaybusted View Post
I created a new account, new paypal, new bank account, new phone all in a different state and got busted again. MC999, they want me to call to verify.
You listed your vero item on a brand new account...BAD

Quote:
I did use my same name however but only used my 1st intial, middle initial and last name.
You used your same name.
Did u use your same Address?

Quote:
If anyone has info on how to get back on ebay please let me know what I did wrong and if anyone has any info on how to increase my sales on Amazon I would also appreciate that.
Why don't you tell us what steps you took to create your new accounts and then we can tell you definitely what you did wrong.

The major 1 I see for sure is that you listed probably listed the vero item on a brand new account with zero or little feedback.

Here are some questions to consider:
Did you make sure to change IP?
Did u use a separate user account, or clear all cookies?
Did you use new pictures with data removed?
Was the Paypal verified?
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
maple sugar (02-19-2014)
Old 10-22-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
You listed your vero item on a brand new account...BAD

You used your same name.
Did u use your same Address?

Why don't you tell us what steps you took to create your new accounts and then we can tell you definitely what you did wrong.

The major 1 I see for sure is that you listed probably listed the vero item on a brand new account with zero or little feedback.

Here are some questions to consider:
Did you make sure to change IP?
Did u use a separate user account, or clear all cookies?
Did you use new pictures with data removed?
Was the Paypal verified?
Ok here goes, this is what I did.

1. Used different IP (Mcdonalds)

2. New computer

3. New out of state address

4. New photos, Not a Vero issue with them.

5. New Bank account, new ebay acct & Paypal had not verified yet but did link account.

6. Same name but only used my 1st initial, middle initial and same last name.

They caught me within 3 hours of listing 10 items however ebay acct was created 10 days ago before I listed anything. They didnt suspend it but might as well have because they want me to call to verify because they "think" that I am associated with the suspended account accrding to what ebay said so I guess I am pretty much suspended.

What do you think I did wrong?
Old 10-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
1. Used different IP (Mcdonalds)
BAD, don't use wifi from anywhere that offers it for free, chances are others have used the same IP. This is what probably 1 of several things that got you.

Quote:
2. New computer
Not needed but that's fine.

Quote:
3. New out of state address
That's fine.

Quote:
4. New photos, Not a Vero issue with them.
Ok.

Quote:
5. New Bank account, new ebay acct & Paypal had not verified yet but did link account.
Usually it's best to completely verify your Paypal before selling.

Quote:
6. Same name but only used my 1st initial, middle initial and same last name.
That's fine as long as you use a completely different address.

Quote:
They caught me within 3 hours of listing 10 items however ebay acct was created 10 days ago before I listed anything.
You most likely listed too soon and too much, list 1-2 items at a time until they sell then relist until you reach the 10 items.

Quote:
They didnt suspend it but might as well have because they want me to call to verify because they "think" that I am associated with the suspended account accrding to what ebay said so I guess I am pretty much suspended.
This is where the IP problem probably comes into play, think about it...how many people have used McDonalds Wifi to check their Ebay/Paypal Accounts? More than you can probably count.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
maple sugar (02-19-2014)
Old 10-22-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
BAD, don't use wifi from anywhere that offers it for free, chances are others have used the same IP. This is what probably 1 of several things that got you.

Not needed but that's fine.

That's fine.

Ok.

Usually it's best to completely verify your Paypal before selling.

That's fine as long as you use a completely different address.

You most likely listed too soon and too much, list 1-2 items at a time until they sell then relist until you reach the 10 items.

This is where the IP problem probably comes into play, think about it...how many people have used McDonalds Wifi to check their Ebay/Paypal Accounts? More than you can probably count.

So how do I get around the IP problem since I am on DSL here at home and cannot change it and they will catch me because my suspended account is on DSL also, How would McDonalds free wifi cause me to be caught?

So most likely I was caught because I listed to many items, too soon? And not verifying my paypal?

I am going to do this again but I am gonna buy a prepaid visa card and put some money on it.

I also forgot to mention I bought a $10 tracphone and now im gonna need to change that phone# and is it safe to use a new address in the same state I am in?

Do I have to worry about mac address on home computer if I do this from home and what about IP issue?

Thanks for your help its appreciated.
Old 10-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You get around the IP by looking into dongles or cellphone tethering....or dial-up (but that's slow)

Mcdonald's free Wi-Fi has been likely used by MANY people.

ebaybusted, while MM78 has certainly wisely broken down your steps, doesnt seem like you have read around the forum much let alone looked at getting the stealth guide....
Old 10-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
So how do I get around the IP problem since I am on DSL here at home and cannot change it and they will catch me because my suspended account is on DSL also
There are alternative ways as rsot has mentioned. The top 4 are:
1. Phone Tethering
2. Dongle (USB Modem)
3. Private HotSpot
4. Dialup

Quote:
How would McDonalds free wifi cause me to be caught?
I just mentioned above why. If 20-40 people use McDonalds to log into Ebay....Ebay assumes all those 20-40 people are the same person trying to sell/buy on Ebay......

Quote:
So most likely I was caught because I listed to many items, too soon? And not verifying my paypal?
Could of been a combination of things, IP + Listing too much too quick, etc.

Quote:
I also forgot to mention I bought a $10 tracphone and now im gonna need to change that phone#
You could do that or you could also attach a Google Voice Number to the tracfone, you can attach up too 3 Google Voice to 1 Real Number.

Quote:
is it safe to use a new address in the same state I am in?
Yes, should be safe.

Quote:
Do I have to worry about mac address on home computer if I do this from home and what about IP issue?
MAC addresses are not detectable by Ebay/Paypal so no.
Old 10-22-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
There are alternative ways as rsot has mentioned. The top 4 are:
1. Phone Tethering
2. Dongle (USB Modem)
3. Private HotSpot
4. Dialup

I just mentioned above why. If 20-40 people use McDonalds to log into Ebay....Ebay assumes all those 20-40 people are the same person trying to sell/buy on Ebay......

Could of been a combination of things, IP + Listing too much too quick, etc.

You could do that or you could also attach a Google Voice Number to the tracfone, you can attach up too 3 Google Voice to 1 Real Number.

Yes, should be safe.

MAC addresses are not detectable by Ebay/Paypal so no.
So why would ebay ban everyone checking their ebay account from mcdonalds? Not everyone has a suspended account I would think?

I also want to mention, I created 10 new photos that I used on my 10 new auctions. Could the photos I created have some sort of coding that ebay is linking to my suspended account? I make them as jpeg photos in PS.

Dongle: I assume thats where I would purchase internet service from walmart and plug that modem into my usb port and connect that way? Can I change the IP each time I sign on?

And I am not sure how to use a google phone number and connect it to a cell phone?

Last edited by ebaybusted; 10-22-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-23-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

So u created the account and listed 10 branded items ?????
If u did this u will get that initial call in mc999 99 out of 100 times.

Also public IPs not secure and often change while ur logged in , for some reason you could get 10 IPs in ten minutes while ur logged in specifically too at McDonald I personally have monitored there's among other public open wifi and they change frequent and may not be associated with suspended account but could be associated with an open public unsecured IP by ebay and labeled as a risk.

Get a secured IP as rsot mentioned and the first month list a book and than start real selling the following month

I also will make an account list and sell one item like shipping supplies or book and let the account sit for two months and just log in here and there to browse and not often and when I get back to the account and start listing. My items I always get a limit raise , i have done this with 8 accounts and all received raises , had an account today same result. Just make sure u list and sell one Item and let it sit , try and log in once or twice a month to browse, honestly after I sold the item I'd just forget about tge account and go back 2 months later and as soon as I make 3 , 4 sales I log in and have a raise
Old 10-23-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post

Also public IPs not secure and often change while ur logged in , for some reason you could get 10 IPs in ten minutes while ur logged in specifically too at McDonald I personally have monitored there's among other public open wifi and they change frequent and may not be associated with suspended account but could be associated with an open public unsecured IP by ebay and labeled as a risk.

Get a secured IP as rsot mentioned and the first month list a book and than start real selling the following month

I also will make an account list and sell one item like shipping supplies or book and let the account sit for two months and just log in here and there to browse and not often and when I get back to the account and start listing. My items I always get a limit raise , i have done this with 8 accounts and all received raises , had an account today same result. Just make sure u list and sell one Item and let it sit , try and log in once or twice a month to browse, honestly after I sold the item I'd just forget about tge account and go back 2 months later and as soon as I make 3 , 4 sales I log in and have a raise

No, didnt list any branded items.

I will do what your suggesting and then try again!
Old 10-23-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Let me ask, so if I get one of those "Dongle" things it will have the same IP all the time or can I change it at any given time?
Old 10-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Let me ask, so if I get one of those "Dongle" things it will have the same IP all the time or can I change it at any given time?
Depending on the service provider for the most part they change IP's.
Old 10-23-2013

Most services change, Verizon I think is the best in terms of how fast you can switch and just how many different IPs they have, but also more expensive
Old 10-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
So why would ebay ban everyone checking their ebay account from mcdonalds? Not everyone has a suspended account I would think?
The issue is POSSIBLITY of a lot of people using the same IP...huge flag
Old 10-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Most services change, Verizon I think is the best in terms of how fast you can switch and just how many different IPs they have, but also more expensive
Virgin has a HUGE pool of IP's but slow as molasses.
Old 10-29-2013

He also stated he used an address out of state. Yet went to mcdonalds down the street. IPs are area sensitive by Internet Provider. Possibly another flag.
Old 10-29-2013

Default I got booted from eBay over a Vero issue

Oops wrong thread