eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/suspensions-reinstatement-talk/)
-   -   vero & multiple accounts attached to 1 ppal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/suspensions-reinstatement-talk/7662-vero-multiple-accounts-attached-1-ppal.html)

oompaloompa 10-17-2008 02:23 PM

vero & multiple accounts attached to 1 ppal

I currently have 3 accounts all in different names addresses and phone, and all details, all linked to their own verified paypal accs.

I was wondering, as it is not e-bay that actually cares about vero items but it is the vero owner who asks them to de-list, If you have multiple accounts under one set of details, eg. 3 e-bays linked to one paypal, can you therefore sell and space out your veros, better that way.

I know this means if one goes down they all do, but the benefits are that I dont have to keep opening checking accounts to verify paypal or try and get phone numbers (difficult as UK members can tell you!) for each e-bay/paypal acc. Also they are less likely to go down if you dont push you luck and list alot!

does e-bay collude with you if you get a warning on one, let it cool for say, 2 months and go on to another acc in same details? or does it immediately do instant take downs on the exact same item sold on another account. after all the vero owner does know you are the same seller, if you vary the listing style.

Here We Go Again 10-17-2008 06:12 PM

Caseyjr86 10-17-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here We Go Again (Post 62282)

Are you still having success with it? I might give it a shot.

Here We Go Again 10-17-2008 11:57 PM

Right now I have 2 eBay accounts for each PP account I have.
I have had NO problems with this.
But REMEMBER if 1 account goes down then the other linked accounts will go down soon.

This is sorta using their system to your advantage.

oompaloompa 10-18-2008 03:21 AM

re multiple accs

I know I am able to have 3 e-bay accs to one paypal, what I want to know is
if members out there know whether you can space out your veros this way, in full view of e-bay - thats what I want to hear about

Here We Go Again 10-18-2008 01:22 PM

Yes you can.... I do it all the time.
But you MUST be careful with your data due to the increased chance of linking.
Lose 1 lose 3 in your case.

oompaloompa 11-24-2008 02:28 PM

update

Im not doing many veros now, as I have alternative products but they sure are lucrative, so I throw in the odd one every now and then on each account. I did a couple of experiments with 2 ebay accs to one pp.

Listed one vero one day on a1, then listed another vero on a2 few days later, they allowed a1 and it sold, but took down a2 for copyright. same brand
different items.

anyway decided not to push it or would lose both accounts, but I dont think ebay like this combination at all.

marketscope 11-25-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 66728)
Im not doing many veros now, as I have alternative products but they sure are lucrative, so I throw in the odd one every now and then on each account. I did a couple of experiments with 2 ebay accs to one pp.

Listed one vero one day on a1, then listed another vero on a2 few days later, they allowed a1 and it sold, but took down a2 for copyright. same brand
different items.

anyway decided not to push it or would lose both accounts, but I dont think ebay like this combination at all.

Here We Go Again- Do you do this^^ switcharoo method or do you exclusively sell vero's here and there on a1, and then ONLY when they warn you about a1 you then switch to A2?(seems like this would work better).

Here We Go Again 11-25-2008 08:59 PM

When I get a eBay alert on a1 I go to a2 for a while.

oompaloompa 12-10-2008 01:58 PM

a1 and a2

so hwga, how long do you allow between the warning/takedown and going back to the account, 3 months? Do you ever sell the exact same thing again as your takedown or does that lead to suspension or does amount of time left in between have a factor in this.

Ebay is very hot on my new accounts re vero, it allows it once or twice then does a takedown, and Im scared to do same item again for a long time. I maybe am making a mistake of doing identical items, but thats how you mostly buy them, in bulk.

Here We Go Again 12-10-2008 02:22 PM

Trust me... I know about bulk purchases. That is the only way I buy.
As I have said many times....
I run up to 8 or 10 eBay/Paypal accounts at any 1 time.
I have double accounts (a1, a2) on about 5 out of 10 of my eBay accounts.
I run a account until I get 1 or 2 VERO alerts.
Then that account sits for about 90 days.
I move on to another.
I only sell about 5-6 different items if you don't count sizes.

I do this most of the time and it works.....
WEEK 1
Account-1 ~~ Item A
Account-2 ~~ Item B
Account-3 ~~ Item C
Account-4 ~~ Item D
Account-5 ~~ Item A
Account-6 ~~ Item B
Account-7 ~~ Item C
Account-8 ~~ Item D
Account-9 ~~ On Hold

WEEK 2
Account-1 ~~ On Hold
Account-2 ~~ Item A
Account-3 ~~ Item B
Account-4 ~~ Item C
Account-5 ~~ Item D
Account-6 ~~ Item A
Account-7 ~~ Item B
Account-8 ~~ Item C
Account-9 ~~ Item D

WEEK 3
Account-1 ~~ Item D
Account-2 ~~ On Hold
Account-3 ~~ Item A
Account-4 ~~ Item B
Account-5 ~~ Item C
Account-6 ~~ Item D
Account-7 ~~ Item A
Account-8 ~~ Item B
Account-9 ~~ Item C

See the pattern?
Each week each account has DIFFERENT item or is on hold.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for double accounts......
Account A1 gets a VERO hit I go to account A2
A2 gets a VERO hit within 90 days... They BOTH sit and wait in time out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hotness of eBay is a direct correlation to the VERO item you are trying to sell.
I had 1 item that every time I would post it it would do great... until about 2 hours until the auction ended and then the real VERO owner would kill it.
So I thought I would just end the item with 12 hours left and sell to the high bidder.
That worked. That worked, for the next 10 hours people paid me.
Then the real VERO owner killed my closed listing.
Real fun.....
I still have a load of those items that I am trying to figure out how to move.

oompaloompa 12-10-2008 04:02 PM

rest it for 90 days

ok , 90 days thats what I thought.
sheesh, I think I need a few more ebay accs, because my items are obviously
hot hot hot, I only do about 3 or 4 types of vero item too. buyers love them and it drives the price high, so worth doing.
Thanks for your input.

Here We Go Again 12-10-2008 05:35 PM

I can not guarantee that this little system will work for you and VERO in the UK.
But it works for me and my VERO items here in the states.

SheerGold 12-16-2008 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here We Go Again (Post 68542)
Trust me... I know about bulk purchases. That is the only way I buy.
As I have said many times....
I run up to 8 or 10 eBay/Paypal accounts at any 1 time.
I have double accounts (a1, a2) on about 5 out of 10 of my eBay accounts.
I run a account until I get 1 or 2 VERO alerts.
Then that account sits for about 90 days.
I move on to another.

Have you tried letting accounts sit for shorter periods, say 30 and 60 days?

Here We Go Again 12-16-2008 08:25 AM

A true VERO alert lasts 90 days.
Why chance it?
Just go to a different account.

This is why you should have MANY account sitting there waiting.

SheerGold 12-16-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here We Go Again (Post 69286)
A true VERO alert lasts 90 days.
Why chance it?
Just go to a different account.

This is why you should have MANY account sitting there waiting.

Thank you for the advice.

I have a disgruntled buyer. He won one of my auctions but then immediately demanded that I supply extra goods with the item worth more than the listings value.

He refused to communicate & eventually received an Unpaid Strike.

He regularly does a search for my eBay ID. If he sees any listings of mine he uses the "Report this item" at the bottom of the page.

Then I receive a VERO.

However I don't sell VERO items. But that doesl not make any difference as too many VERO's & I am out.

If I change my eBay ID name after 30 days he will not be able to find my old user name.

But that does not help as within those 30 days he will have done a search on my old user name. That search will bring up the new user ID that I have changed it to.

As this ID has some extremely useful feedback I really do need to be able to use it (or a new user name that I give it).

Do you have any suggestions?

oompaloompa 12-16-2008 01:40 PM

you could do the trick on the forum of registering as him and then turning him in to one of Americas most wanted, very time consuming though and could backfire on you.

you could buy some of is stuff and do it back to him.

Its normally a vero owner that can take you down, reported items by competiors or other concerned users, Ive always been sceptical about, but if you are sure its him, cant you report him to ebay for abusing them, and give them dates and item details as proof.

other than that you have to ignore it as there is not many things you can really do, as you say, he has 30 days to look up your ID, but its mabe worth a try.

back to HWGAs post though, I was also wondering about this TRUE VERO alert, I mean, let it sit for 90 days, but if you sell the same item 91 days after are you definately ok, and is any other vero item in that catagory truly safe to do, dont ebay get annoyed if they see same type of vero on 91st day?

Here We Go Again 12-16-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheerGold (Post 69292)
Thank you for the advice.

I have a disgruntled buyer. He won one of my auctions but then immediately demanded that I supply extra goods with the item worth more than the listings value.

He refused to communicate & eventually received an Unpaid Strike.

He regularly does a search for my eBay ID. If he sees any listings of mine he uses the "Report this item" at the bottom of the page.

Then I receive a VERO.

However I don't sell VERO items. But that doesl not make any difference as too many VERO's & I am out.

If I change my eBay ID name after 30 days he will not be able to find my old user name.

But that does not help as within those 30 days he will have done a search on my old user name. That search will bring up the new user ID that I have changed it to.

As this ID has some extremely useful feedback I really do need to be able to use it (or a new user name that I give it).

Do you have any suggestions?

It looks like you have a eBay stalker.
I had 1 of those earlier this year. They killed my account.
It finally went NARU.

As for changing your ID... You are right. They can still find you within 30 days and them know the name you changed it to.
If you want to keep your good account in good standing then put it to sleep.
Wait 30-45 days and change the name. Then let it sleep again for another 30-35 days.
In the mean time change EVERYTHING about your ad.
Text, font, pictures, links... everything.
I got someone else to re-write my ad when I had to do it. This way it would not sound like I would ever write.
If you get the bad buyers account removed then they will just open another one and hit you again.
At least right now you know who it is.

After you have totally changed your ads and during your long sleep....
You should sell on a different account.

Here We Go Again 12-16-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 69301)
back to HWGAs post though, I was also wondering about this TRUE VERO alert, I mean, let it sit for 90 days, but if you sell the same item 91 days after are you definately ok, and is any other vero item in that catagory truly safe to do, dont ebay get annoyed if they see same type of vero on 91st day?

There is never a "definitely OK" when eBay is involved.
After a Alert sleep period is over for one of my accounts I just go back to selling the same crap I was selling before.
If I get another hit then I change items around.

SheerGold 12-16-2008 08:17 PM

Thanks Here We Go Again for the advice.

I wonder if there is any mechanism for eBay to deal with situations like this.

Theoretically eBay could put a temporary block on the account for 30 days so that it did not show if anyone searched for it.

If the name had been changed just before the 30 day period then when it can back on-line no-one would be able to access the old name or know what it had been changed to.

This would need the co-operation & help of eBay.
I wonder if eBay has that facility.

Of course it may not be wise to use it even if it were available.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge on this subject?