Vero Question: Ending listing early to avoid a hit - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk VeRO, Seller Non Performance, Trademark misuse, 7-Day Suspension, MC999, New Account Limitations, Non-Payment, Abusing eBay and Whatever else eBay comes up with.

Old 01-03-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Vero Question: Ending listing early to avoid a hit

I have heard many people discuss how many hits an account can take on VERO items before it is suspended/revoked. I find it interesting to read about all the issues that surround taking hits. However, I have never seen this discussed or asked in the time I have lurked about. Any response would be greatly appreciated:

I have a certain VERO member that does an "ebay user information request" on a certain item. Then, a few days later I get a Vero hit on the account. I have one account that can only take one or two more hits. However, this time I ended the listing early about 1 hour after I received the e-mail from ebay telling me about the ebay user information request. I am hoping that since I ended it early (well before ebay would issue the hit) it won't count as a VERO hit against my account. When I ended it early, I simply indicated that the item was no longer for sale. I DID NOT SELL to the highest bidder. Anyone have experience doing that? If so, what does ebay do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Yes and my item was still hit by VERO. just because the auction is over doesnt mean that you cant take a VERO hit. i ended the auction 2 days early. About a day AFTER that, i got a email "ebay item removed blah blah" . Why dont you try blocking that VERO member (assuming you mean an ebay seller that sells vero as well) or contacting ebay saying this person is harrassing you
Old 01-03-2009

Longevity: 89%

Yes , i have had it happen to . Often if you get a VERO they will go back a week or so and hit all the sold items with the KEYWORDS ...The system used to be 3 VEROS in a week and you were gone but all that has changed , I get most of my info from one of my suppliers whis is in the top 250 on ebay and he usually has to fight a VERO every couple months .. all his items are legit but he still gets hit just like me .. i even had a VERO finally admit 15 months later they were wrong -- come to find out it was a president of a fanclub that a 80'S HAIR BAND was letting run their VERO for them .
Old 02-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

may i ask what fan club?
Old 02-02-2009

Longevity: 88%

If you're going to pull an auction early because you're afraid of VERO, I suggest you change the auction title, info and any pictures first. I've had auctions get flagged for a VERO violation weeks after I pulled them down.

Now if I get an idea there's going to be a problem I change all info to something bland before ending the auction. Of course this won't work if you already have bids (although I haven't tried canceling bids first).
Old 02-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

i sold 10 items as bin in one day and i re posted 10 more the next day and got verod on the last 10 only - i just sold them on another account the same day and it was ok - got it? - this is why we have few accounts.
Old 03-09-2009

Sometimes a VeRO member files a report and eBay doesn't get around to acting on it until well after the listing ends. Then they tell your bidders / buyers that the listing was removed and some of them want to cancel ... not fun! The trick is to VeRO-proof your listing in the first place. Still trying to figure that one out.
Old 04-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Foster is right. If you're ending a listing early, modify it before doing so. But remember that revising a listing sends red flags to ebay now too.