Help Needed. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-19-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Help Needed.

Hi,

Just sold an item on eBay. It was listed as "collection only" The buyer agreed to arrange for his courier to collect.

I did say to him in emails and texts, that I wouldn't be responsible if the item was damaged during transit, and that I wouldn't sell it to him if he didn't agree to my terms. He came back saying no problems.

Courier collected the item and it was delivered successfully to him, he even left me a good feedback. Today I get a text saying the item is not working properly and he would like some money back or he would open a case with eBay if I refuse. I explained to him that it's possible the item was damaged during transit, and that I wouldn't be responsible if that was the case.

Just wondered where do I stand if he opens a case with eBay. He did pay using Paypal.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Help Needed.

Probably going to depend on what type of item it is....is it an electronic item?
Old 12-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Your other problem is the value of the item for you.

"Collection" for us is always in person. We involve no third party because we can not be responsible for their shortcomings.

You sort of need to look at this now as a delivered item, not collected.

So back to its value. Is offering a partial refund within your budget. What steps are you prepared to take to protect your account.

Have you reached out to the buyer?
Old 12-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Probably going to depend on what type of item it is....is it an electronic item?
No, it's a vehicle starter motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
It's a vehicle parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Your other problem is the value of the item for you.

"Collection" for us is always in person. We involve no third party because we can not be responsible for their shortcomings.

You sort of need to look at this now as a delivered item, not collected.

So back to its value. Is offering a partial refund within your budget. What steps are you prepared to take to protect your account.

Have you reached out to the buyer?
The buyer wants a full refund. The value is £700.

I don't have the £700 to give him back. I have emails from him saying he used the courier a few times to pick up other vehicle items. I'm now wondering if he sells car parts, and maybe has a broken one that he's going to be sending back to me.

Last edited by TGMT²; 12-19-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-19-2016

Longevity: 45%

youl have to ask him to send it back so you can test it ,,test it your self ,if its faulty fix it your self
Old 12-20-2016

Longevity: 46%

£700 for a starter motor, whats it for a Bugatti Veyron Lol.

Accepting paypal for collection items is never a good idea. You would need to view paypal terms and conditions for collection items to see whether you have any chance of defending a money back claim but I wouldn't hold out much hope. The golden rule for collections is always cash payment.
Old 12-30-2016

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
£700 for a starter motor, whats it for a Bugatti Veyron Lol.

Accepting paypal for collection items is never a good idea. You would need to view paypal terms and conditions for collection items to see whether you have any chance of defending a money back claim but I wouldn't hold out much hope. The golden rule for collections is always cash payment.

he collected the part himself? did he arrange his agent to collect and test ?

If eBay tell him to send it back and you will veryify your security markings and seals before testing.
also when he sends it back you can counter claims that it was damaged in shipping back to you. he is trying it on. so you have a claim for him returning in inadequate oacking LOL

maybe next time get him to send you the money using a bank transfer. so paypal ebay are out of the loop
Old 12-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

they might be a scammer or it genuinely stopped working afterwards......you will only know this if the buyer is willing to return it or not......I suppose they have no reason to deliberately damage anything and return it...

you mixed paypal with collections only - collections only. is cash and never ever anything else.

The buyer can still claim SNAD...paypal will probably side with buyer, however the good feedback works slightly in your favour. I do not think anyone can prove courier damage either way, paypal wont get involved with that issue......

if there is obvious damage, then why cant they claim from their courier? I doubt they insured it for £700!

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-30-2016 at 11:01 AM.