Vanilla / Visa Gift Cards. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-03-2017
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Vanilla / Visa Gift Cards.

So you buy a £25 Visa card from a supermarket / argos or alike.

You register it online in your stealth details, attach to your paypal and confirm card.

Now if you DO NOT want to pay your paypal fees by using this card, what other ways can you use up the balance remaining?

As your stealth details are registered to the card rather than your real ones, I guess it would be very difficult to use the balance for online gaming, or shopping, as the registered addresses would differ as would names.

So can you use them for example, to pay at the self service checkouts at Tescos? Do they come with a pin or chip, if not how is it possible to use them?

Where else can they be used? All views welcomed, thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Vanilla / Visa Gift Cards.

I use it to buy an Amazon gift voucher and then use the Amazon gift voucher to buy things on Amazon
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
blobby (01-03-2017)
Old 01-03-2017
MU
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
I use it to buy an Amazon gift voucher and then use the Amazon gift voucher to buy things on Amazon
So would you have to create a stealth Amazon buying account everytime you wanted to do this? As it doesn't seem amazon allow 'guest' checkouts?
Old 01-03-2017

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 54%

Some cards work fine in supermarkets to pay and you dont need any pin for that. You can also pay the ebay fees from the card.
Old 01-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blobby View Post
So you buy a £25 Visa card from a supermarket / argos or alike.

You register it online in your stealth details, attach to your paypal and confirm card.

Now if you DO NOT want to pay your paypal fees by using this card, what other ways can you use up the balance remaining?

As your stealth details are registered to the card rather than your real ones, I guess it would be very difficult to use the balance for online gaming, or shopping, as the registered addresses would differ as would names.

So can you use them for example, to pay at the self service checkouts at Tescos? Do they come with a pin or chip, if not how is it possible to use them?

Where else can they be used? All views welcomed, thanks.

Pay your electricity / gas bill. Most energy companies do not require an address match on the card to process one time payments.
Old 01-04-2017
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I pay my courier shipping fees with them It's a pretty good way to use them if you buy them often.
Old 01-04-2017

Longevity: 66%

using the visa gift card i buy £25 of morrisons gift vouchers at the cigarette kiosk in the door way going in . then walk into the store itself and buy aonther £25 gift card with the vouchers adding £2.95 using another till location so re using the balance. not all supermarkets allow you to buy vouchers with the £25 gift card. virgin media accept th gift card for over the phone payments of any amount. scottish power accept them for online or over the phone payments.

PS vanilla do not work for me am i doing summat wrong ?

Last edited by arktech; 01-04-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-05-2017

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arktech View Post
using the visa gift card i buy £25 of morrisons gift vouchers at the cigarette kiosk in the door way going in . then walk into the store itself and buy aonther £25 gift card with the vouchers adding £2.95 using another till location so re using the balance. not all supermarkets allow you to buy vouchers with the £25 gift card. virgin media accept th gift card for over the phone payments of any amount. scottish power accept them for online or over the phone payments.

PS vanilla do not work for me am i doing summat wrong ?
They're definitely cracking down on some of the vanilla visas. I've seen several members complain about them
Old 01-06-2017

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
They're definitely cracking down on some of the vanilla visas. I've seen several members complain about them
Really well thats not what I meant

Vanilla has a an issue the deposits in NONE GBP from the card I am told by vanilla and so it never gets to that stage. Visa gift cards dont have that problem.

what evidence do you have about a crackdown please ?

I am happy using visa gift cards . are you in the UK do you have a morrisons nearby ?
Old 01-06-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

You could also use the balance towards purchasing items via eBay Click & Collect (UK Only) - and as an added bonus build your feedback rating a little.
Old 01-08-2017

Longevity: 44%

You can use them pretty much every shop that accepts visa/mastercard.

Quote:
Do they come with a pin or chip,
Most gift cards are not pin and chip, the few that have the pin on a scratch off panel in the packaging.

Quote:
if not how is it possible to use them?
You hand it to the cashier like any other payment method.

You might want to make sure you have signed the signature strip and have enough cash to cover it if it fails.

Also remember to factor in any hold/deposit taken by ebay/paypal when calculating your total.