our seller level is Below Standard - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-29-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default our seller level is Below Standard

Hi forum,

Due to me being ill and few other reasons I have let a few cases slip and they were escalated to eBay. Now I got the "Below Standard" emails...

Will I be able to recover from this situation?

See exact figures below:

http://imgur.com/a/fv43f

My plan is to buy a TON of used DVDs and sell them for 99p with free delivery.

Will it work or is this account going down?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-29-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: our seller level is Below Standard

Just be careful with the DVDs since media can be considered high risk...even if used.
Old 03-29-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Just be careful with the DVDs since media can be considered high risk...even if used.
Do you know if I need to be at 0.30% or better before 22 may 2017 or as long as I am improving they will keep giving me more time?
Old 03-29-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

They normally leave you alone if it's start decrease try to get item from £1 and list them sell at very low price to get more sale simple solution
Old 03-29-2017

Longevity: 42%

This happened to me on an account before.

You will NEVER get back to above standard. The amount you have to sell is UNREAL.

Just start a new account.
Old 03-30-2017

Longevity: 90%

You should be fine if you are showing consistent improvement.

A bout of illness a while ago ago left me with figures far worse than yours. A couple of months later, with nothing but positive feedbacks and improving DSRs, I'm still trading with no problems.

That said, always worth getting a Stealth or two up and running as backup if you're relying exclusively on this account!
Old 03-30-2017

Longevity: 56%

Buy a load of cheap tosh from China, sell for 99p freepostage, send it all with tracking, you'll lose a little poundage, but if you sell 500 of them in a couple of weeks, you CAN get it back.

This is the only way as , mentioned earlier, its almost impossible.

on my original account years and years ago they wanted me to sell more than my allowance allowed in a two week period. When I pointed this out to them, I got the eBay robot response of

'I have faith in you, you can do it'

lol, so Im that good, I can make the impossible happen. Man I felt like Jesus that day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wired For This Useful Post:
aleen (04-01-2017), Lucifer (03-31-2017), pward33 (03-30-2017)
Old 04-02-2017

Longevity: 75%

your selling limits may be lowered aswel so thats stops you selling 99p items in bulk and i have been stuck in below standard since christmas and with perfect selling since then its still in below standards and its sole destroying
and i think it may take a year or 2 to fix it so i will be using more stealths instead
ebay suxs the dsr is flawed
Old 04-02-2017

Longevity: 44%

I recently bought an account very similer to yours although the defect rate was much higher. I have had it for about four months now and next months evaluation will put it back in good standing. I did exactly what your suggesting althouhg I wouldn't buy DVD's!

Here is an item that I use to salvage my eBay accounts because they will literally sell within five minutes of posting them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTEL-CORE-I...cAAOSwXYtY4QDR

What you can do is call IT recyclers until you find one that has C quality processors. That means they are all scratched up. Then buy them. Buy all the same part number and then buy a motherboard off of ebay to test them. Then sell them at about 10.00 under what the decent ones are selling for.

I have rehabbed many accounts this way.

Yes it is a lot of work but it's a great item - You will have receipts for eBay - they sell instantly

I sold through about 300 in the last three months on my account. I am out of pocked about 475.00 to rehab this account.

Just so you know yesterday when I called in to find out why my rating didn't go up this month because it should have ebay told me they run about 21 days behind on updating the ratings but they did incress my limits dramatically even though I am still technically below standered.
Old 11-01-2020

Longevity: 20%

What happens if you leave an account in below standard but just stop selling on it and leave it dormant. Wont it get banned eventually or is that just a myth?

Also to my understanding you can close accounts that are below standard and that aren't meeting seller performance standards but you must contact CS to do this, can anyone confirm this?
Old 11-01-2020

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 70%

This happened to me, went from Top rated to below standard for 2 cases within a certain amount of time where ebay had to step in, I got one of the defects removed because I nitpicked the case details and found that the buyer was at fault. Got back to Top rated. I can tell you though that once you are below standard it will take a long time to get back to above standard/top rated, they kinda sanction your listings, put your listings at the back of the pile long term, I know this because once I went to below standard my views went down 70% and my sales went down 90% . I dont think ebay will ban you if you are below standard, especially if you contuine to mend your ways. The only real solution is to try and get the defects removed. If you cant do that then just keep selling, but expect it to take along time, focus on just getting to above standard, I have done well just being at that level.
Old 11-01-2020

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermindme420 View Post
What happens if you leave an account in below standard but just stop selling on it and leave it dormant. Wont it get banned eventually or is that just a myth?

Also to my understanding you can close accounts that are below standard and that aren't meeting seller performance standards but you must contact CS to do this, can anyone confirm this?
They ban it if doesn't improve. I have had it with shipping to eu with no trackings then item not received cases.
You have to vigorously sell to get It back up which is difficult as you suffer in search unless you in a niche which isn't competitive and hope buyers leave 5 star feedback rating, but you suffer in search as well as ebay can put payment holds on money again.
Old 11-02-2020

Longevity: 20%

So ive spoken to Ebay and spoken to 3 or 4 different reps who have all confirmed that I can close a below standard account which is what I'm going to do. I'm just waiting for my 30 days to clear from my last payment which I made a couple of weeks ago

There's a section about it on UK ebay that states "if your account is restricted or suspended or not meeting seller performance standards you will have to contact us to close it"

I'm not risking a ban on this account especially as I have two more in top rated