Stealth address and Royal Mail tracking on Paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-09-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Stealth address and Royal Mail tracking on Paypal

I may be totally over thinking this but is there a limit to how far the address on a stealth account can be from your physical address?

If I buy a stealth account and the address is a random location in the UK and my physical address is say 200 miles away, will I receive issues if buyers open cases directly with Paypal (not ebay)?

I sell items mainly priced around £20-£50 and send everything by Royal Mail signed for but still get a few INR cases.
I can provide tracking for every transaction but the online Royal Mail tracking results start with “Date - Time - Status SENT AT POST OFFICE - Track Point is my local post office with the PO’s postcode (which wouldn’t be near the stealth address).

I know this is fine for ebay cases but do PayPal look more closely at tracking if a dispute was raised directly with them and not ebay? And would this potentially harm the stealth account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-10-2017

Default Re: Stealth address and Royal Mail tracking on Paypal

It's not ideal, but it's not a major problem either.

For INR cases, PayPal will be looking at the information on the buyer's side of the tracking. Like, the local delivery depot and signer's name.

In a PayPal claim, you usually only have the option to upload a tracking number, but if you do end up losing the case, you can always appeal with a scanned image of the Post Office receipt (for proof of postage).

This will eliminate any form of reasonable doubt in respect to you having physically posted the item.

But your question is related to posting it from a location much further than your registered address. It is my personal opinion that it will not affect your PayPal account at all, but may affect the outcome of an INR case. However, this is still unlikely for the reason mentioned above.
The Following User Says Thank You to SpaceZ For This Useful Post:
fraenum (06-11-2017)
Old 06-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Stealth address and Royal Mail tracking on Paypal

In theory I would only use the paypal account to receive payments, pay ebay fees and pay for the postage, from Royal Mail’s website (click and drop) probably. (All from the paypal balance.)
This way paypal will know the postage was paid for by myself and I'll still have the email receipt (without a fixed post office adress), hopefully will avoid them digging too deep into the tracking.

But I just want to be sure because I don’t like the idea of losing money because of a small technicality. (If I live in X and they are posted from Y which is 200 miles away from X.)

Like last week I had a buyer open an INR on ebay when the tracking said delivered, signed for in the buyers surname. Buyer hadn’t contacted me beforehand, in the INR case she said she lived in the address for years and has always had issues with Royal Mail leaving parcels in her front garden. INR closed in my favour on ebay, few days later she opens an INR on paypal.
I did message the woman on ebay about why she never claimed to Royal Mail and she just said she couldn't be bothered.