UK Voipfone Geographical Numbers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-19-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default UK Voipfone Geographical Numbers

Hello guys good morning! I need some help with I question that I have. I just signed up VOIPFONE to try to confirm my UK Paypal & Ebay accounts But I was given this phone number to receive calls: 05603662163 I just tried it and It works but my question is can I use that number to confirm both of my accounts or do I need to get a geographical phone number from VOIPFINE? This is the city where my business is located: BASINGSTOKE I don’t know if that phone number works for that city.
Please Help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2009

Longevity: 91%

voip will not work with your paypal
it will only work with ebay
and you need separate numbers for each account so they don't get linked
Old 05-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

no, voip works with paypal too, if you get the correct code that they have listed on their database for that location, not necessarily just the area code but also the numbers after that have a bearing on area sometimes. its hit and miss, weve had some fails and some definite hits, so, advice is always have accessible address if phone verification fails. You will have to try one and see.
Old 05-19-2009

you don't need the address to be correct either
there is a way round it
Old 05-22-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay View Post
you don't need the address to be correct either
there is a way round it
Can you elaborate?
Old 05-22-2009
Threadstarter  

I just got my Paypal confirmed. Firts before opening my Paypal account I rented a private address in UK. That is because I live in USA. Then I create my ebay and paypay accounts with that address. I got my ebay account confirmed using VOIPFONE without problems even not selecting a geographical number, actually I was in the trial mode. For Paypal I selected receive the letter with the code that It took 3 weeks to get it and that's was all I did. everything appears to be working fine without spending a lot of money. The virtual address for me is just 5 pounds a month or 50 for 1 year.
Ebay and Paypal accounts are now working great!

Last edited by nek666; 05-22-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-22-2009

Longevity: 88%

I'm a bit new to this. I've set up a private address in North London and have a bank account and credit registered to that address. From reading this thread I guess I'll need a voipfone number to confirm my ebay account. What is the best phone number to use to confirm Paypal - there seems to be a lot of different opinions to this?
As I've not yet applied for a new Paypal account, from what nek666 says there would appear to be an option to receive the code by mail - is this correct? If you enter a phone number to verify Paypal and it's not accepted do they automatically send out the letter with the code?
Finally, nek666, can you tell me if your virtual address provider is available to others because it's cheaper than I'm currently paying for mine.
Sorry for so many questions.
Old 05-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Default mail forwarders ok but choose carefully

I know this was addressed to nek but all you have said about paypal is correct, if call code doesnt work it goes to address.

I know the address company nek is referring to, I think, any address that you can type in to google and it comes up as a mailing forwarder is risky, and this particular one does just that, so bear that in mind when choosing. You can get some whose address dont come up as such on searches, ie they have their own advertising address but the other different address details only go out to box purchasers, you will find that a search on these other addresses that are not on their website will come up with other companies who have purchased a box and are advertising their businesses - but this is preferable (except alot put po box, which blows the cover!), as it could just be an office building and thats not frowned upon necessarily.

Another issue is, it will have literally thousands of ebayers registered to it, and some of them will become suspended users, so whatever you pay for a mailing address, there is always a risk of being flagged, but of course less so if you stay completely under the radar with low priced, slow selling, non branded goods. Have another address ready for if they ask for your home address, because if noticed, you wont be able to say you live there , the best you can say is its your work or business premises.

I am not saying you cant use forwarders, just choose carefully and remember they are not as good as a unique address, non publicized address.

If you are limited later on and say they ask for a bank statement/utility bill, and you put that address on it, they could either say yes thats fine or no this is a work address what is your home one, or provide more business info for your company.

Sorry to worry you, but I learnt this through trial and error, I had to give a different address and say it was home and verify it, very swiftly but got away with it, to avoid further documentation requests, although with what I know now i could have probably overcome them, but this was a few months ago. It was a premier account and possibly as business account might be more appropriate.

In a way, the more you pay for a mailing address the more exclusive it will be, and that legitimate business will be using it rather than cheap ones that any ebayer can get their hands on for disposible accounts.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 05-22-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Actually the virtual address usually give you an office number, yes it's the same address but different office number I don't know if that can be link it by paypal to another paypal customers. This company gives you the opportunity to take any office number you want in my case it's office 2215 for example. this is the link I am not sure if I can put the link here but it is this: My UK Mail - Your Own UK Mailing Address, Better than a PO Box! Receive all types of mail at your own UK street address. mail forwarding service, uk mail forwarding service, Your mail is forwarded on to you, international mail forwarding, internation

About the phone number. When i open a new account with VIOPFONE I just selected united kingdom phone number and they gave me one but I am sure that wasn't a geographical but anyway it worked for ebay really easy. When I put the number on paypal just gave me an error messsage and then gave me the option to receive the code via regular mail. That's what I did.

I will keep in touch with you guys about any update with my virtual address and paypal.
Old 05-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

yes for ebay any geographical or 056 landline will do, for paypal it must be a close code match or letter goes out.

Anyway about the address, if you are calling it your work address and office and you have a business account, thats ok, but use it as a home address with premier or personal account and eventually you may be questioned about it.
Old 05-27-2009

Longevity: 88%

Thanks all for your help. Armed with this and my copy of Stealth I'll give it a try. Wish me luck.
Old 05-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

til we meet once again you and I!