Start Stealth or Legit??! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-26-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Start Stealth or Legit??!

Hi Guys

Should I just head straight into Stealth and spend the time and money setting up an account or two or should I use my legit personal ebay/paypal account to get things up and running asap?

My personal account is 12 years old with a decent amount of feedback. My paypal is around 7 years old.

I'd like to get selling as soon as possible, obviously following the same proceedure of being very cautious with how much I list etc.

My thinking is that I could use my personal ebay and then take my time creating a Stealth few stealth accounts just to get going a little sooner.

What do you think?

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Start Stealth or Legit??!

I'd say head straight to Stealth - don't risk you legit personal eb/pp account until you master your particular market of sales.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-27-2017), Kubera_uk (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017

Use your current account to list the bulk of your items then use some stealth accounts to sell low valued items just to keep them on tick over gaining feedback.

If you are new to stealth accounts, and if possible, keep your stealths on a completely separate device that isn't connected to your main wifi. That way if you get them linked and one account is shut down you don't loose them all.
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnWall For This Useful Post:
Kubera_uk (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWall View Post
Use your current account to list the bulk of your items then use some stealth accounts to sell low valued items just to keep them on tick over gaining feedback.

If you are new to stealth accounts, and if possible, keep your stealths on a completely separate device that isn't connected to your main wifi. That way if you get them linked and one account is shut down you don't loose them all.
Yes it would possibly be easier for me to turn my personal ebay into a business account too with being able to verify the address. If it ever does get exiled by ebay for whatever reason then I'll have the other Stealth accounts ready.

I was planning on separating the accounts via user and only allowing the browser to connect if VPN is enabled and connected. Hopefully that should add an extra layer of safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I'd say head straight to Stealth - don't risk you legit personal eb/pp account until you master your particular market of sales.
I'm fairly confident within my market as I've been selling via ecommerce. I would like to diversify a little though as I know potential is huge on ebay.
Old 10-26-2017
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Thats a very proactive approach. I like it.

In your boat, knowing what i know now, I would get listing on my legit account whilst slowly building up 1-4 stealth accounts.

That way in 3 months you could have some pretty solid accounts up and running.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Kubera_uk (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubera_uk View Post
Yes it would possibly be easier for me to turn my personal ebay into a business account too with being able to verify the address. If it ever does get exiled by ebay for whatever reason then I'll have the other Stealth accounts ready.

I was planning on separating the accounts via user and only allowing the browser to connect if VPN is enabled and connected. Hopefully that should add an extra layer of safety.

I'm fairly confident within my market as I've been selling via ecommerce. I would like to diversify a little though as I know potential is huge on ebay.
If you're going to use a VPN then make sure it has a Dedicated IP (one for each account) and a kill switch so if the VPN does drop for some reason it does not revert to your actual IP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnWall For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-27-2017), Kubera_uk (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Thats a very proactive approach. I like it.

In your boat, knowing what i know now, I would get listing on my legit account whilst slowly building up 1-4 stealth accounts.

That way in 3 months you could have some pretty solid accounts up and running.
Thanks! Yes that sounds like a good idea - I'll begin setting them up shortly. How much would you recommend I list in the first days/weeks/months etc on my older personal account? Obviously there's a bit of age and feedback there so maybe I could be a little more liberal then Stealth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWall View Post
If you're going to use a VPN then make sure it has a Dedicated IP (one for each account) and a kill switch so if the VPN does drop for some reason it does not revert to your actual IP.
Oh yes kill switch will be employed! All leaks must be plugged twice over! I'm really fastidious over internet privacy and security anyway - I think its my paranoia getting the better of me!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kubera_uk For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-27-2017)
Old 10-26-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

I'd use your personal account for selling items from around the home, bits and bobs, nothing too much just so you have it as a back burner if ever you need it.

As for your stealth accounts, spread sales over multiple accounts and use them for selling.

This may be of help to you: https://www.aspkin.com/forums/multip...ficiently.html
Old 10-26-2017

Longevity: 44%

Wish i had made a few stealth's while happily selling my way into oblivion on my legit accounts :P, took me a couple of months to get back on the bike mainly thanks to this forum .
legit account for safe items only
Old 10-26-2017
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Thanks! Yes that sounds like a good idea - I'll begin setting them up shortly. How much would you recommend I list in the first days/weeks/months etc on my older personal account? Obviously there's a bit of age and feedback there so maybe I could be a little more liberal then Stealth.
On a brand new stealth account i would advise something like:

Month 1 - £500
Month 2 - £1000
Month 3- £1500

And build slowly up from there.

As yours is a legit account, aged with feedback you can sell more. But just make sure all your ducks are in a row. Don't sell high risk items, ensure you can provide invoices for your items if necessary. Add tracking etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Kubera_uk (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

you should NOT sell a damn thing on your Legit account. Until you KNOW how your Items are received by Ebay/Paypal/Customers, ect, ect there is NO way that you should be selling on your legit account.

For Example if your going to sell iphones, or even iPhone cell phone cases the odds are VERY High that you are going to lose your account. There are THOUSANDS of products that will have the very same effect on an account and Im sure that you know many such items. Im also SURE that there are MANY, MANY more that have the very same effect that you do NOT know about.

So my advice is for you to GET EXPERIENCED in selling before you risk you legit account.
Kubera_uk (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizmaniac View Post
Wish i had made a few stealth's while happily selling my way into oblivion on my legit accounts :P, took me a couple of months to get back on the bike mainly thanks to this forum .
legit account for safe items only
What constitutes an un-safe item??! I hold a little stock but drop ship mainly in one market. I was looking to diversify into larger markets (or just anything that sells!)
Old 10-26-2017

Longevity: 39%

The biggest advantage of stealth acc is that you can travel! You have a Dedicated IP adress which is the same everywhere. I personally use both stealth and legit one. Recently I had to travel and changed my location. Paypal limited my account almost for two weeks. Then I came back to my previous location and ebay limited me - another two weeks. It ruined my business. I had to pay ebay fees from previous month but I couldn't sell anything.

People think that if it is legit and you can proof and provide everything you won't get into a truble. But it is not the case. I've heard from others that your suppliers may start cancelling orders because you changed a loction. And it also can ruin your business.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubleHD For This Useful Post:
Kubera_uk (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
you should NOT sell a damn thing on your Legit account. Until you KNOW how your Items are received by Ebay/Paypal/Customers, ect, ect there is NO way that you should be selling on your legit account.

For Example if your going to sell iphones, or even iPhone cell phone cases the odds are VERY High that you are going to lose your account. There are THOUSANDS of products that will have the very same effect on an account and Im sure that you know many such items. Im also SURE that there are MANY, MANY more that have the very same effect that you do NOT know about.

So my advice is for you to GET EXPERIENCED in selling before you risk you legit account.
Hi Slapped, thanks for your response and alternative point of view.

I hadnt actually thought about it this way. I didnt realise there were so many un-safe items... So its like playing product roulette if plan on varying my product range. :-/

My original thought process was I'll just play entirely by ebays rules, if I'm legit then I have nothing to fear etc. I see so many business accounts power selling (a lot must be playing the arbitrage game, as the inventory of products are so vastly different with odd pricing) that I thought surely ebay/paypal cant be banning that many accounts and maybe its just a small minority due to shady behavior. Then I found this forum!
bubleHD (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017

Quote:
Hi Slapped, thanks for your response and alternative point of view.

I hadnt actually thought about it this way. I didnt realise there were so many un-safe items... So its like playing product roulette if plan on varying my product range. :-/

My original thought process was I'll just play entirely by ebays rules, if I'm legit then I have nothing to fear etc. I see so many business accounts power selling (a lot must be playing the arbitrage game, as the inventory of products are so vastly different with odd pricing) that I thought surely ebay/paypal cant be banning that many accounts and maybe its just a small minority due to shady behavior. Then I found this forum!
You want to expand quicker, right? Me too. This is why I started amazon. For my situation amazon and ebay work very well. Money from ebay I receive to paypal, and money from amazon I receive to my bank acc. Payments are the biggest sruggle for me. Some suppleirs don't accept Russian debit card, some don't accept Australian paypal? sometimes it is easier to buy a gift card with my debit card, sometimes item is not available from a supplier which accept only debit cards etc. So it is good to have money on both paypal and bank account.
Old 10-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubleHD View Post
You want to expand quicker, right? Me too. This is why I started amazon. For my situation amazon and ebay work very well. Money from ebay I receive to paypal, and money from amazon I receive to my bank acc. Payments are the biggest sruggle for me. Some suppleirs don't accept Russian debit card, some don't accept Australian paypal? sometimes it is easier to buy a gift card with my debit card, sometimes item is not available from a supplier which accept only debit cards etc. So it is good to have money on both paypal and bank account.
I'd rather expand safely and securely than too quickly. Spreading the risk does seem the way to go, dealing in smaller sales over a larger amount of accounts I guess!

It does kind of seem a bit odd to me to go the Stealth route only because it feels a bit cowboyish/delboyish?! But I guess thats what it's come to judging by all the horror stories happening to honest folk on this forum.

I have no trouble with payments to suppliers etc as I have multiple bank accounts here in the UK. I can see your predicament though.
bubleHD (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017

Quote:
I'd rather expand safely and securely than too quickly. Spreading the risk does seem the way to go, dealing in smaller sales over a larger amount of accounts I guess!

It does kind of seem a bit odd to me to go the Stealth route only because it feels a bit cowboyish/delboyish?! But I guess thats what it's come to judging by all the horror stories happening to honest folk on this forum.

I have no trouble with payments to suppliers etc as I have multiple bank accounts here in the UK. I can see your predicament though.
I do it as a full time job. And after ebay and paypal restricted me few times I decided that I will never keep all eggs in one busket. No I don't worry so much. If you have one acc and it has been limited, you are sitting and waiting, and you don't know what to do. But when you amazon or other ebay acc you can always focus on something else. There is always a lot of work. So maybe amazon would be good for you, not necessary another ebay (stealth acc).
The Following User Says Thank You to bubleHD For This Useful Post:
Kubera_uk (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

I wish to expand a little on my previous post. Using Apple as an example, In order to sell Apple products you MUST be authorized to do so. Now, as a rule Apple does NOT authorize anyone to sell on Ebay except for a VERY small group of companies.

Now, we all know that there are MANY people who do sell their products, now Ebay suspends all the ones that they can unless that seller is on the Apple approved sellers list for ebay, its really that simple. There are literally THOUSANDS of products that are sold in that very same manner, so why risk a legit account?
Old 10-27-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I wish to expand a little on my previous post. Using Apple as an example, In order to sell Apple products you MUST be authorized to do so. Now, as a rule Apple does NOT authorize anyone to sell on Ebay except for a VERY small group of companies.

Now, we all know that there are MANY people who do sell their products, now Ebay suspends all the ones that they can unless that seller is on the Apple approved sellers list for ebay, its really that simple. There are literally THOUSANDS of products that are sold in that very same manner, so why risk a legit account?
No you are right, without knowing what products they deem as high risk etc - which obviously can change at any point - then I guess spreading the risk is the only way.

I've started the process of creating a few stealth accounts -2 for now and then another 2 in a few weeks.

I've also recently been looking into a VERY insightful service providing awesome insights into product data. Really opens up the scope of things.
Old 10-29-2017

Quote:

but you said that even apple accessories are risky items? I don't know, I sell them with no problems from my aged acc. Not sure how it goes with new account though. Apple iphone accessories are the most trending items on UK ebay at the moment. Cases, screen protectors, headphones etc. I've checked yesterday. Ebay Uk is a very new thing to me.
Old 11-01-2017
Executive [VIP]

Some are, but not all, the ones that tend to be risky are the ones that have the apple logo or are offered by a designer like hello Kitty, or Juicy Couture for example
Old 11-04-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubleHD View Post
but you said that even apple accessories are risky items? I don't know, I sell them with no problems from my aged acc. Not sure how it goes with new account though. Apple iphone accessories are the most trending items on UK ebay at the moment. Cases, screen protectors, headphones etc. I've checked yesterday. Ebay Uk is a very new thing to me.
You'll most likely get away with it, depending on how you word your description.

But if you get reported, that's when your issues are likely to start.

If your selling illegitimate iPhone headphones as genuine, you'll attract more trouble and the account is not likely to last (with negative ratings etc.). Best to avoid.