Technical questions about inkfrog for ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-07-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Technical questions about inkfrog for ebay

I am considering signing up to inkfrog unlimited for staff accounts but I have a couple of questions, if you can help.

(A) Is it risky managing more than one ebay accounts through Inkfrog? Can they be linked?

(B) I believe managing your ebay listing through inkfrog without a Dedicated IP or taking ip record is safe because to the best of my knowledge ebay does not see your IPs when using Inkfrog? so I can manage this from any location, even from a public PC, the library, e.t.c Am I correct?

(C) I want to restrict staff to a specific ebay account such that staff (A.) who manages account X does not know I own account Y or Z. Is it possible?

(D) Also, I do not want my staff to be able to click through to ebay via my Inkfrog. I believe accounts could easily be linked by that. So, I am considering a software I can use to ban/filter access to a specific website on my computer or is there anyway I can do this without a software. So I can ban ebay on my office managed desktops, hence clicking through to ebay from inkfrog will not even load. Anything you can recommend?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-07-2017

Longevity: 49%
Default Re: Technical questions about inkfrog for ebay

Hi,

I am also looking at similar options, my understanding from reading here is that you CAN use multiple accounts from one inkfrog - however be aware that if inkfrog changes its current sharing agreement and/or ebay purchases inkfrog you will burn all ebay accounts in one go.

So I am just going to create a pc user account, per ebay account linked to one inkfrog each with its own dedicated stealth VPN ip.
Seems safer to me that way i think?

I also wondered about accidental click to ebay, but as each desktop user/ebay account above will have its own dedicated stealth ip from a reliable source, that i will configure to be active from desktop login this should mean this is not an issue - but there is a cost for each ip and some config on the user account to set this up.

if you are not using stealth ip there is a high probable chance of getting caught using same ip on ebay click through links - best protection here imho would be to block ebay on the firewall of each pc to not even allow access to get to it, doesnt matter if they click or not then, they aren't getting out of your local pc to even hit ebay. (I am tempted to do this anyway, cos even if VPN/stealth ip has any sort of connection failure, you cant compromise your ebay account if your not around to notice the lack of stealth ip/VPN running.)

hope that helps to some degree, thats been my own research and thoughts so far

zx
The Following User Says Thank You to zx6ninja For This Useful Post:
taerese (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Technical questions about inkfrog for ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6ninja View Post
Hi,

if you are not using stealth ip there is a high probable chance of getting caught using same ip on ebay click through links...
zx
Great contribution.

Even with Dedicated IP, it is important to have a firewall to block ebay when it comes to dealing with staff. Someone would want to login to view their own ebay account too while working for you irrespective of your working agreement.

That is Inkfrog loss to be sharing info with ebay. I was gonna buy the annual subscription for $150 or whatever.

It would have been nice though to be able to manage multiple accounts on an Inkfrog without the fear of dirt on your shoulder. It would be easy to copy listing from one account to another with a few modification, instead of starting afresh with different user account.

Last edited by taerese; 12-07-2017 at 04:12 PM.