Newbie Not Quite sure how to progress - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-14-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
Default Newbie Not Quite sure how to progress

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help, I am looking to open a new none linked ebay account to support my main sales account which is going fine but I would like a back up and also another outlet.

I realise I have gone about things the wrong way as I opened a new Ltd company and business bank account with Lloyds -- I have since purchased the stealth package and have realised that I should have clearly done this first.

I am going to use a seperate computer for the new account with a Dedicated IP address and a new phone number what I am unsure of is below.

1. I have my existing main account on ebay with my first name only ie Paul Smith - I want to use the contact name on the new account (linked to my new Ltd company) using my middle name - so it will be John Smith - My new limited company is also under the middle name only of John Smith - is this ok will I be ok and not linked using the different first name? (ie existing account is Paul Smith - new account John Smith - although my actual surname is not very common)

2. Can I use the registered address provided by the formation company and based in London - I am up north - we would also base the VPN in London

3. I have a business bank account for the new company with Lloyds- could I use a credit card from this business bank account or would I need a VCC? (don't quite understand why I need a vcc rather than one linked to the company)

Any help would be great
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Newbie Not Quite sure how to progress

You dont need a separate computer. A new windows user account is all you require so save your money.
The Dedicated IP address is the right way to go - assuming it is clean and fresh (i.e. never used before).
Not too familiar with the more specific details youre asking about for UK accounts but Im sure other UK forum members will shed light on those for you.
Old 02-15-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Many thanks for your reply, I have another laptop already and I reallay want to make sure they are seperate so I'll probably go down that route.

I am struggling with the other main points though as noted below so if anyone can shed any light on that it would be much appreciated, I possibly need to try the main forum -

Points I'm struggling with are

1. I have my existing main account on ebay with my first name only ie Paul Smith - I want to use the contact name on the new account (linked to my new Ltd company) using my middle name - so it will be John Smith - My new limited company is also under the middle name only of John Smith - is this ok will I be ok and not linked using the different first name? (ie existing account is Paul Smith - new account John Smith - although my actual surname is not very common)

2. Can I use the registered address provided by the formation company and based in London - I am up north - we would also base the VPN in London

3. I have a business bank account for the new company with Lloyds- could I use a credit card from this business bank account or would I need a VCC? (don't quite understand why I need a vcc rather than one linked to the company)
Old 03-04-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Bump - can anyone help?
Old 03-05-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
Bump - can anyone help?
You can't really use ltd company this way PayPal check company house for name dob etc and these needs to match so not possible

If your info was not suspended why don't you open 2nd account on your real details ?
Old 03-05-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ok thanks for that, although I think it is quite easy to change DOB on companies house I have already changed the first name without issue.

I want the accounts to stand seperately, if one has an issue i don't want the other to be taken down, also if I want to sell the same products then I don't think I can do this on another linked account.

I do thnk I need to make them as leit as possible though as there are few players in my market place and my competitors will know it is the same person very quickly, is this an issue for being linked, ie if a compatitor alerts ebay?

I really would like to have two distinct companies if possible, as they are legal entities I would have thought that they would be stand alone, especially if the director names are different, my wife is the sole director of the main ebay limited company
Old 03-06-2018

Longevity: 66%

i beleive the directors on the limited company name have to register with hmrc. some of the formation companies have " contact addresses that have been in the press", tower 42 , regus ? also companies house show year and month of birth. if you have an accountant can you use their address ?

Last edited by arktech; 03-06-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-06-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
Ok thanks for that, although I think it is quite easy to change DOB on companies house I have already changed the first name without issue.

I want the accounts to stand seperately, if one has an issue i don't want the other to be taken down, also if I want to sell the same products then I don't think I can do this on another linked account.

I do thnk I need to make them as leit as possible though as there are few players in my market place and my competitors will know it is the same person very quickly, is this an issue for being linked, ie if a compatitor alerts ebay?

I really would like to have two distinct companies if possible, as they are legal entities I would have thought that they would be stand alone, especially if the director names are different, my wife is the sole director of the main ebay limited company
you are wrong in this way

if you wants to run in legit way then use your own real info paypal dont have any problem as both ltd are separate legal entity and you can have as many accounts as you want as long as its belong to different ltd company

you cant really chnage dob with company house and dont think its even legal to provide wrong dob to company house

not sure how did you manage to chnage first name even if you did it will still show on company house chnage of name and paypal will findout what you have done

anything you chnage on ltd this display on company house publicly
Old 03-06-2018

Longevity: 66%

have you considered adding another director ?
Old 03-06-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by arktech View Post
have you considered adding another director ?
Adding another director will not make any difference since PayPal require info for all the directors and shareholders

Only way to remove the director and add someone else as director