Return Address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-05-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Return Address

Hi help please i have a stealth account with ebay and when someone wanted to return something they had to contact me for a returns address which i also wrote on the back of the package which as been fine up to the other day but now when they want to return some thing ebay give them your address to return to which is not a real one is they another way around this other than renting a mail box
The Following User Says Thank You to kalakan For This Useful Post:
CaptainHook (04-06-2018)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2018

Longevity: 35%
Default Re: Return Address

I've generally just used mine and friends/family address that have been used before on banned accounts, never a problem, for security I just tweak the address a little like 'Unit X, 13 PayPal Sucks Avenue, EB13 5CT

Thats your only option unless you are selling pricey items and can use a mail forwarding company, but they are costly.
Old 04-05-2018

Longevity: 66%

miss spell your own name and put an address a couple of doors down from you. tell the people there some pratt is sending you a parcel and they have miss spelled your name and used wrong door number. can they take it in for you ?
Old 04-05-2018

Longevity: 73%

Post office box, UPS store box, independent mailing shop mail box, home address variant, (as mentioned above) send a return label via email, send a return label via some mailing/shipping method, include a return label with the order that will only be charged to you if used...

I'm sure there are others...
Old 04-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by arktech View Post
miss spell your own name and put an address a couple of doors down from you. tell the people there some pratt is sending you a parcel and they have miss spelled your name and used wrong door number. can they take it in for you ?
Worst advice ever. How to start a war with your neighbours or get them looking into your affairs when multiple returns turn up. With eBays Automatic Returns thing now, returns are becomingh more often for everyone.
Old 04-06-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Post office box, UPS store box, independent mailing shop mail box, home address variant, (as mentioned above) send a return label via email, send a return label via some mailing/shipping method, include a return label with the order that will only be charged to you if used...

I'm sure there are others...
This is great advice OP - costs you a bit more but more professional for business
Old 04-06-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Return Addre

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
This is great advice OP - costs you a bit more but more ?
s
Tis fairly good advice but had a distinct USA bias. which kinda does apply for the UK.

OP, if you ever had an ebay/paypal before getting suspended, did you have an accessible return address?

If so,Why stop now that you are doing Stealth.

Your Stealth account is still an ebay account. The difference is it is /Stealth.

:juggle;
Old 04-06-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authority View Post
I've generally just used mine and friends/family address that have been used before on banned accounts, never a problem, for security I just tweak the address a little like 'Unit X, 13 PayPal Sucks Avenue, EB13 5CT

Thats your only option unless you are selling pricey items and can use a mail forwarding company, but they are costly.
Pfffttt. Not the best of advice.

Home address variations can flop for UK accounts as soon as they get a manual review.

Your method fails the minute ebay staff look at an address.

Address vatiations are a risk.

Old 04-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Pfffttt. Not the best of advice.

Home address variations can flop for UK accounts as soon as they get a manual review.

Your method fails the minute ebay staff look at an address.

Address vatiations are a risk.

Nope it dosent. Millions of properties in the UK are used by multiple person/companies for postal reasons.

Havent lost an account in ten years using this method, and never lose a return.

Forwarding companies could of been used for multiple accounts prior by other people, so are just as risky.
Old 04-07-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authority View Post
Nope it dosent. Millions of properties in the UK are used by multiple person/companies for postal reasons.

Havent lost an account in ten years using this method, and never lose a return.

Forwarding companies could of been used for multiple accounts prior by other people, so are just as risky.
If you read again, I can see no references I made to forwarding companies.

I spoke about residential addresses.

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
If you read again, I can see no references I made to forwarding companies.

I spoke about residential addresses.

Thanks.
No you didn't, I merely elaborated on your residential address theory to help you understand the process.

You're not in the UK are you? Residential address are becoming more commonly used as business addresses now, being that we are overpopulated and with minimum buildings available for business related purposes and extreme rents put on all properties. The house next door, residential area, has sixteen businesses registered there.

While your theory in principal is correct, its not entirely workable and dosent need to be. Its old news rather than ⊗⊗⊗⊗ news.