eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   changing details on stealth acc (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/120813-changing-details-stealth-acc.html)

martyns 10-11-2018 10:17 AM

changing details on stealth acc

is it safe to change the username, personal name, business name and address on stealth account once up and running ? ive had a account running smoothly for nearly a yr now, and someones just created a return which ebay auto accepted and supplied return slip, im worried it will be returned to the name and address on the ebay account which is the same as when I bought it, I don't know if the stealth accounts are set up a real address's with the actual person living there whos details we use ?
any advice would be great
thanks

phaz0rz 10-11-2018 02:19 PM

Re: changing details on stealth acc

I can say for sure it's safe to change your username, and to add a valid return address to your account that you have access to.

Changing the registered name/business name on the account, I can't say for sure. They would probably at least want to send you a confirmation text to make sure it's the account owner trying to make those changes.

martyns 10-11-2018 05:10 PM

thanks for the reply, that might be a issue as I don't have the sim card that the account was set up to.... maybe I should get payg sim and change that first

Play 10-13-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyns (Post 949233)
thanks for the reply, that might be a issue as I don't have the sim card that the account was set up to.... maybe I should get payg sim and change that first

I would do that regardless, because you risk getting locked out of your account otherwise, in case they ever want to do an sms verification when you login.

empirestate 10-13-2018 12:18 PM

Why would you change anything? This will only trigger suspicion...

How to clean photos
Best image resizer

martyns 10-14-2018 01:20 PM

because ( as the first post of the thread states ) I had a return auto approved by ebay, before I could do anything they issues a return label with tracking, and I didn't want the item returned and kicking up suspicion if it was sent to the actual address the account was set up to

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 949614)
Why would you change anything? This will only trigger suspicion...

How to clean photos
Best image resizer

just_smile 10-14-2018 02:57 PM

You can change any information on the account, they let you change it because they know these details change over time. It's not suspicious.

In this situation I would just email them a returns label, or issue a refund and write the item off assuming it snot something expensive.

SaiJin 10-14-2018 06:01 PM

Changing the user ID is fine. But changing personal info is what's a little bit more risky.

THey may flag you thinking that someone else got login to your account and they will ask for documentations

Play 10-15-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyns (Post 949854)
because ( as the first post of the thread states ) I had a return auto approved by ebay, before I could do anything they issues a return label with tracking, and I didn't want the item returned and kicking up suspicion if it was sent to the actual address the account was set up to

You should add an accessible returns address to the eBay account, leave everything else the same. You can do this from the address section.

Changing some details on eBay sometimes flags you up, and requests for you to send in documents, i.e. name etc. but not always.