Dispute on stealth buying account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-26-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default Dispute on stealth buying account

Bought an item on my stealth buying account that was SNAD, damaged and underweight.
Open EB return, seller admitted fault sent me an EB prepaid shipping label.
Tracking shows item made it sellers local DO, ready for delivery on 2 December and then stops.
Call RM who tell me it was probably delivered but not scanned by postman, won’t provide this in writing.
Spoke to EB on live chat who said they wouldn’t refund as no attempted delivery, told me to open PP case.
Read online that people have been successful with PP cases that don’t show delivery when using sellers prepaid return label.
Open PP case, win the case, but the seller has a different address on file and PP ask me to send the return to this address.

Stealth buying account is only semi-stealth in the way it is my real address (moved since being banned) and matches the bank account but it is a made up name on the PP and EB accounts (didn't want to risk being linked). Don’t think a chargeback is possible?
Would changing the details on the prepaid label and receipt work?

How to play this out?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-26-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Dispute on stealth buying account

What did the seller say when you contacted him after you send the item back?
Old 12-26-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
What did the seller say when you contacted him after you send the item back?
Claimed to have not received the return, said they would only refund on delivery and wasn't interested in contacting their local delivery office.
Old 12-29-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB74 View Post
Bought an item on my stealth buying account that was SNAD, damaged and underweight.
Open EB return, seller admitted fault sent me an EB prepaid shipping label.
Tracking shows item made it sellers local DO, ready for delivery on 2 December and then stops.
Call RM who tell me it was probably delivered but not scanned by postman, won’t provide this in writing.
Spoke to EB on live chat who said they wouldn’t refund as no attempted delivery, told me to open PP case.
Read online that people have been successful with PP cases that don’t show delivery when using sellers prepaid return label.
Open PP case, win the case, but the seller has a different address on file and PP ask me to send the return to this address.

Stealth buying account is only semi-stealth in the way it is my real address (moved since being banned) and matches the bank account, but it is a made up name on the PP and EB accounts (didn't want to risk being linked). Don’t think a chargeback is possible?
Would changing the details on the prepaid label and receipt work?

How to play this out?
I don’t get why you’re worried about the discrepancy in the seller’s return address on PayPal.
By the way, what is it you intend to send back to the seller since the original item is missing in transit?

Chargeback? Unless I misunderstood your post; you’re the buyer here. If there’s anyone who’s in a chargeback situation, it is the seller, not you.

No need to change anything on the invoice or receipt. To the best of my knowledge, PayPal is not interested in the name of the person returning… They’re going to be looking at the tracking.

By the way, if you had this scanned at the post office when you returned the item, eBay should give you a courtesy refund and also release the PayPal hold on the seller’s funds. Some CS are quite helpful.

Goodluck