Item location misrepresentation policy - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-28-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Item location misrepresentation policy

IMPORTANT: ACTION FOR ITEM LOCATION MISREPRESENTATION POLICY VIOLATIONS
by uk_news_team eBay Employee on ‎28-03-2019 10:04 AM
Today we’re announcing new enforcement measures against listings and sellers who do not comply with our Item Location Misrepresentation policy. It’s important for sellers to accurately state the location of their items so that buyers can use eBay’s search filters to correctly select listings based on location. When this doesn’t happen, it creates an unfair marketplace for sellers and a disappointing experience for buyers.

We’re grateful for the feedback we’ve received from our seller community about Item Location Misrepresentation.

We’ve reviewed our policy and made some changes which should help prevent sellers from providing inaccurate information about the location of their items. They’re now required to select a postal option that matches the item’s location. From today (28 March 2019), sellers won’t be able to create new listings or revise listings where the item location and postal service don’t match.

We’ll also be reviewing any international sellers who state their item location is in the UK, but have excessively high dispatch times resulting in extended estimated delivery dates. Our teams overseas continue to work directly with international sellers on policy education and enforcement to ensure compliance.

eBay will continue to take further steps to enforce this policy, including removal of listings, restricting a seller’s trading activities and, in the case of repeated policy violations, account closure. We will keep this policy under review.

SO WHATS ALL THIS ABOUT THEN REGARDING STEALTH?

I KNOW I PERSONALLY Have uk stealths and ship from within the uk with click and drop!! I was lead to believe click and drop dont share any info to eBay just takes info from my accounts! so I guess eBay won't know where all my orders are really being shipped from!! i.e. if my stealths are all in London say? but my click and drop scans Blackpool then if click and drop shares that with eBay that's a problem is it not?

any returns I personally msg the buyer with my real returns address?

any ideas??
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Item location misrepresentation policy

This is probably geared more towards Chinese sellers who are shipping from China while saying their item will ship from UK. I can't imagine this is going to cause you any problems since your transit time is probably roughly the same as if you'd shipped from your stealth account's location.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
sax4 (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

other thing is chinese are shipping from UK agent often times, but they are ordering from china via a quicker route in batches, it can still take longer than UK shipping time, then they make excuses like lost in post if running late etc....
Old 03-29-2019

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

Many chinese / hong kong sellers have been using UK agents for a long time. They ship to the agent, the agent then forwards it on to you from their UK warehouse.

This policy will probably boost sales for UK sellers though.
Old 03-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

If you're a Royal Mail business customer, you have nothing to worry about.
Your click and drop manifest scanned at the PO are meant to verify your purchase from RM for the day. It has got nothing to do with eBay.
If RM shares details with eBay, it would be because you have linked your click and drop account with eBay. Despite how tempting it seems. I advise against it. I mostly use OBA, but when I use click and drop, I download a CSV file containing sales details from all my account, merge and format text to look good. REMOVE ALL USELESS TOP HEADERS INFORMATION in excel that may give away who you are, then upload to click and drop.

If you track any OBA or Click and Drop parcel, you'd find that the first scan is at the point of delivery.

The only possible weak link I see is 'Guaranteed Delivery' which needs to be first scanned at the PO. I don't scan it, I dump it in the bag with the rest and have had no problem as it is scanned on delivery anyway.

Nothing to lose sleep over.

Last edited by Pandoras_box; 03-30-2019 at 03:58 AM.